It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you let someone you barely know control your wallet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So I'm asking:

How many honest people do you know?

Cut that down to those who you could honestly share your banking info with.

What do you think about someone, who has no obligation to spend your money as you would, controlling your money?

What if they spent it on something you disagree with?

Should you just take it. And shut up if you disagree?

Definition of Federal Government
edit on 11-9-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well, were supposed to have a say when it comes to determining the people that spend the money. Were supposed to pick people that represent our values and beliefs -- and hopefully they'll act on our behalf to spend the money more closely to how we would.

Thats kind of the idea. In practice, not quite so much.

And, in a system like that not everyone is going to get their way. The majority is going to get to do what they want.

No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful

edit on 11-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well, were supposed to have a say when it comes to determining the people that spend the money.

"We're supposed to" implies that something is wrong.

And something is.

They take money from corporations to pass laws that nobody else wants.

Then turn around with subsidies for corporations that "pledged" the money.

And you answered none of my questions.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Well who really is running this country? The people? Nope. The government itself? Nope.

Who do you think writes the bills that get introduced in congress? Who do you think pays for the campaigns of the people who get elected? The government is simply a front organization between big, multi-national corporations and the people. The government gives everyone the illusion that we somehow still have some measure of control over our contry. The government gives a layer of legitimacey to our coutry in international affairs.

If you reduce the size of the government, you grow the size of these impersonal multi-national corporations that have no moral obligation to the people.

If you reign in the corporations through regulation, you grow the size of the government, making it less effective and responsive to the people.

So, you kind of need a balance between both. You need to keep the corporations in check, while keeping the government as streamlined as possible.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
And I just thought of this in regards to the wallet anaology...

Would I give control of my wallet to someone I barley knew?

Consider this: That person i barley know is the same person who made it possible for me to even own the wallet in the first place. Without the social order and economic policies that person laid down before I was even born, I wouldn't have a wallet or even any money in it to hand over.

"I didn't make the world the way it is; I'm just trying to get through it as quickly and cleanly as possible"

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You had me at the first half.

My point is power can be bought. Reduce the scope of power the elected have and you reduce the chance of power being bought.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And I just thought of this in regards to the wallet anaology...

Would I give control of my wallet to someone I barley knew?

Consider this: That person i barley know is the same person who made it possible for me to even own the wallet in the first place. Without the social order and economic policies that person laid down before I was even born, I wouldn't have a wallet or even any money in it to hand over.

"I didn't make the world the way it is; I'm just trying to get through it as quickly and cleanly as possible"

So you would give your wallet to a stranger?

Perhaps they pressed your liscence plates.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Well, consider that the "stranger" made it possible for me to have the wallet. It really kind of belongs to him as well as me.

That "stranger" enacted economic policies that made it possible for me to own a wallet and fill it with money. That stranger fostered an enviroment in which jobs were made available. That person kept the roads plowed so I could get to my job.

That money really isnt all mine because of my social responsibility to my communiy. We all pitch in to this "stranger" in order to recieve benefits -- which do include I may add -- earning more money to put into my wallet.

You have to pay to play, always have and always will.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Well, consider that the "stranger" made it possible for me to have the wallet. It really kind of belongs to him as well as me.

That "stranger" enacted economic policies that made it possible for me to own a wallet and fill it with money. That stranger fostered an enviroment in which jobs were made available. That person kept the roads plowed so I could get to my job.

That money really isnt all mine because of my social responsibility to my communiy. We all pitch in to this "stranger" in order to recieve benefits -- which do include I may add -- earning more money to put into my wallet.

You have to pay to play, always have and always will.

Still dodging a direct question.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

So you would give your wallet to a stranger?

Is it really our wallet to begin with? We come into the world with nothing, even the ones who have everything handed to them. We go to work for companies or ourselves so that we can pay others for goods and services and more importantly pay our taxes. Here in the US, even if I purchase my home outright with cash there will always be taxes on the "property" such that I must work or spend my savings paying the taxes to keep the home that I own. So, in terms of the government taking control of my wallet, I almost believe that my wallet is actually a tool of society to hold and transport my debts. In my case money flows in and out of my wallet whether it is in my pocket or a virtual account in a computer. The purpose of transferring money for goods and services is strictly so that the government can get their tax when such is bought or utilized.

I think the biggest cause of inflation is the fact that the same dollar has been passed around and taxed so many times, in fact if the tax rate were 5% on my dollar spent, every time that dollar is passed around 20 times, the government has just collected the full dollar from me. So, they are in my wallet no matter what, bleeding it dry. I don't have much say except to perhaps not buy or use something or barter for it if I di not want them using my money on something.

Would I specifically hand somebody my wallet and let them manage it, No! But by living in a particular area and consuming or owning things I am already granting access.

edit on 11-9-2015 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Perhaps they pressed your liscence plates.

What does this mean? Are you meaning that this was a person who may have been a convict making license plates in the past? Perhaps indicating that they are not to be trusted? Or does pressing plates mean something different where you live?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Not really. I wouldnt just hand over my entire walet to a stranger, but I wouldnt deny that stranger a bit of its contents either. I don't live in a cave and make products from rocks and whatever nature has around me. Im part of a system in which everyone else is entwined in. Without the oil from Saudi Arabia my car wouldn't run, and without the paved roads that lead to my job site I couldn't get to my job. None of us live alone on an island and completley provide for all of our needs in isolation. We all contriubute to the society that enables us.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Is it really our wallet to begin with?

Would you relinquish your wallet to a stranger?

Why is there no yes or no?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I think I said No, earlier, but to clarify, I would relinquish the wallet as in the vessel but not its contents. My wallet is a private place filled with personal information and perhaps access to money in the form of tangible cash or plastic. Those monies are the result of my labor and why would I give away my hard work without directly ensuring that it goes to a purpose I deem fit?

edit on 11-9-2015 by evc1shop because: My cat stepped on keys and sent it unfinished.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Not really. I wouldnt just hand over my entire walet to a stranger, but I wouldnt deny that stranger a bit of its contents either. I don't live in a cave and make products from rocks and whatever nature has around me. Im part of a system in which everyone else is entwined in. Without the oil from Saudi Arabia my car wouldn't run, and without the paved roads that lead to my job site I couldn't get to my job. None of us live alone on an island and completley provide for all of our needs in isolation. We all contriubute to the society that enables us.

So you would hand your wallet over, but not decide what that person could or could not do.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You base your OP round an analogy between taxation and giving a complete stranger your wallet and then complain that people aren't answering you in a literal fashion?
This answer might clear up the confusion. Government taxation/spending is absolutely nothing like giving a stranger your wallet.
Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You would give them your foldable leather. But no personal info.

That was my point.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ugh. I just had a brown out and lost a lengthy reply when the page crashed. I'm not going to try to replicate that whole post over again. I did have one point that stuck out thought...

The stranger that wants my wallet created an environment in which I could find a job to make money, so in order to continue to enjoy a society in which I can find jobs and make money -- sure he's entitled to some of it.

BUT

I invested my time in my job -- my time has value. You see, when I do my job, I make it possible for others to do their jobs. When I spend the money in my wallet, I make it possible for others to have wallets of their own.

In a way, I become that stranger to someone else when I participate in the community. So, in effect -- we all become strangers for eachother....

Hm....?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

You base your OP round an analogy between taxation and giving a complete stranger your wallet and then complain that people aren't answering you in a literal fashion?
This answer might clear up the confusion. Government taxation/spending is absolutely nothing like giving a stranger your wallet.
Hope that helps.

so you can't give me an answer in a "literal" fashion.

No one has given me definitive answers to my OP.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You would give them your foldable leather. But no personal info.

That was my point.

It boils down to trust and nobody, except my wife, goes looking in my wallet and even she does not do so without asking and getting a confirmed YES from me. I also don't go looking through her locker, I mean purse(s) without her say so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join