It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never more than three post.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
My english is not very good. I'm not american and I don't know alot about your culture. I can use a wording that sound bad for you. I usallly try to give two or three meaning of what you said. I do my best to try to understand some of the people here, and sometime I just come to the terrible, worst, conclusion ever... The guy behind the post I've read is stupid... a plain idiot, that just try to brag about hes "better comprehension" on a subject.

The worst is I'm weak against those people. I alway's doubt, I doubt of my knowledge, of what I say and about this world. I apologize when I'm wrong and try to correct the miss fire. All this give them more power...

So much thread right now are filled with fake science or does a mystification of scientific concepts. I do like have my idea challenged, bad concept I have broken. The problem is that those thread seem to be written by people with no knowledge AT ALL about the world they live in. Some seem's to be taught by guru and other try simply to be blind so they feel's better about this world. I don't say we cannot learn with what they say, some time using a microscope, I can find a little bit of truth and new knowledge. (It's a conspiracy website, we are used to the super analyse of a text)

So, I try to contribute, and give a little bit more of truth. I try to write short things, not always precise, but simple. And I see some people doing the same, and then... then... BAM stupid sandwich of none sens.

For exemple, even if the thread about "petrol on other planet" was using plain bad sophism, I learned about petrolum and about a theorie that petrol could be formed by an abiotic process on earth. This theorie doesn't seem to be right, but the idea is not bad. But this is the microscope view. If you look at the thread widely is simply a mess about people that won't give up adding another layer of the same (bad word). And the same (bad word) they try to push add nothing to the debate and kill the thread for newcomer.

I know I can do someting about that. I know a way I can avoid that kind of (bad word) sandwich:

I will never post more than three time in ANY thread, even mine. So yes, if you arguing against me, you will say the last word. I don't care.

Additional Rant:
I must contact one Ph.D. candidate that work in the CERN facility and send him a link to this kind of thread. The reaction could be really interessing. I think he will laught so much that Dionysus will come himself just to say thanks to the OP for hes none sens.

edit on 11-9-2015 by PersonneX because: so much mistake

edit on 11-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"and then... then... BAM stupid sandwich of none sens. "

Yup pretty much sums up 50 percent of ATS content

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PersonneX

Haha. I can understand you just fine. That was very well said and i agree. I would be very interested in knowing what the cern people think about these wild stories. If you could get 1 or more to come here and comment, that would great. I'm pretty sure they know about these stories.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Oh man, i can't stop laughing. That was great. What is your usual language? I'm guessing japanese?
edit on 11-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I suppose that I did deserve the right of posting in rant. But I was happy to do it.

Oh man, i can't stop laughing. That was great. What is your usual language? I'm guessing japanese?

Thanks, I'm not japanesse. I'm french.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So much thread right now are filled with fake science or does a mystification of scientific concepts. I do like have my idea challenged, bad concept I have broken. The problem is that those thread seem to be written by people with no knowledge AT ALL about the world they live in.

Very nice OP; don't worry too much about your English.....it will get better as you work with it. You stated you're not too familiar with US American culture. I quoted your statement above because it highlights some things you probably couldn't know about US culture. First, many people graduate from our Public education system "High Schools", that's 12 years of education with only a 6th grade equivalency of education. They can barely read or write in any language. They are taught and learn nothing about science and many don't trust anything they can't comprehend. Second thing you may not know about US culture is that everything here is made Political; everything is politicized, even science! This creates a big problem that people can't tell the difference between "hard", meaning well researched and scientifically tested "science" and "Politicized" science. This combined with the fact that in the US, Higher Education, i.e. University education is very specialized. People get "degrees", for example in the Humanities, or Bachelors of Arts, and these degrees concentrate on non-science type topics. They may only take one biology course to satisfy the "science" component of the curriculum for that degree. The combination of politicization and specialization means that probably most college educated Americans become "science skeptics", i.e., when asked they'll simply say "I don't know".

Bottom line? Don't take any of this too seriously. Yes you will see much nonsense; just overlook it and chock it up to US cultural problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Welcome and thanks for that, you're very right, ATS used to have just a few " way way out there " threads and a handful of folks who just didn't understand how to properly debate and ended up resorting to name calling and personality attacks.

Now seems as popularity grows, so does the threads that make you wonder why they even wasted the time to type, they either just post a link with some quoted crap and that's it, or it's a somewhat meaningful article and thread comment, however they attack anyone who disagrees with the thread opinion.

Either way, you're 3 post limit in a thread is a good start, but if you notice the thread populace as being kind, by all means, share your views and post more.

Have an awesome day

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Trolls will be trolls.

Don't let it get to you, Say what you have to man.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX
I suppose that I did deserve the right of posting in rant. But I was happy to do it.

Thanks, I'm not japanesse. I'm french.

welcome, bonjour....maybe you can help us (ATS) keep up with what is going on in France.....we get little news from France unless it has to do with terrorism.....

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Given that his reply pattern is more consistent with that of people in Eastern Time timezone than people in Greenwich timezone, I would venture the guess that OP is actually from Quebec. Oh, and that he is working very long shifts. And also that he slept between the time he wrote the OP and the time he wrote his reply to Woodcarver.

Do not let yourself be troubled by the opinions of others. They are just that - opinions, theories. None of us are God - none of us knows the absolute truth. We all are people walking in a maze - those who just want to argue instead of finding the actual way out do not even deserve your trouble.

Well written OP

edit on 11-9-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Your English is not so bad, don't worry. I have taught English to speakers of other languages for more than 20 years.

However, it takes extra effort for a native speaker to read your posts. Therefore I suggest that you try to keep your posts as short as possible to convey your idea, because if the post is long, many people are likely to stop reading after a few sentences. (You can check this by observing how many replies you get to long posts and how many to shorter posts.)

Warm regards and good luck.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I love your rant. You nailed it.

Yes, there are many people here who claim to speak on behalf of truth and understanding but their posts very obviously indicate otherwise. When you try to show them where they are wrong, or at least misunderstanding you, they deny, obscure, twist, do whatever they can to avoid the truth and then accuse you of doing the same thing all while denying they are doing it.

The worst part of all is that they are trolls and they know it. I get myself caught up in trying to show them where they are wrong or in defending my position and my right to it. That is where I make my mistake. They are trolls and I know it. There is no convincing them of anything. Second, I give them power by trying to explain something to them. I don't owe them anything and for the most part, they are incapable of understanding it anyway.

I applaud you for limiting yourself to three responses. I don't know much about you, but I like what I have seen so far.

top topics

join