It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private news regarding Fox Lake Police Shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch
This is very interesting OP, I recall somebody in the thread for this story in the BAN forum actually suggesting that the LEO committed suicide and called in the "basic descriptions" of the three suspects to "disguise" the truth...

What's even more interesting is the source, as stated it's an exceptional one, but I have one question (and I'm asking this sincerely)

Why did your source decide to phone and tell you this information? You've admitted to not following this story at all but for reading the headline. Does your source know of your affiliation with ATS? Are they looking for an information exit route?

Very interesting either way. **'d. 👍🏼

To answer your question: No he does not know that I post here and he most probably would not appreciate that I did. We speak on a regular basis and are family friends for many years. On the day of the breaking story, I had asked him if he was nearby because I know he lived in Illinois. He explained that the town was not near to him but much further to the north. Since then, the subject never came up again until today.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No problems here. I am interested myself to see whether the information I received turns out to be correct. I thought it was strange to get the call however, I can't really say that unique information coming by my desk is an abnormal thing.

This time, it seems innocuous and therefore I felt obliged to throw it out there.

Let's see....

P.S. Now that I looked into it more, what a huge mess they made for a manhunt! ...All that and they did not find Bin Laden....

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Strange case with strange happenings:

Threats by Former Police Officer

I can understand the "Blue Line" however this flies in the face of it....

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

How is it that even the basic tests are not finished??? It's been almost 2 weeks. This is becoming an amazingly mysterious "incident". (Even the media are no longer using the word "murder".)

"Authorities are still waiting for the result of ballistics that could determine if Gliniewicz was shot with his own service weapon. Test results determining if the officer had gunpowder residue on his hand also have yet to be revealed."

Source: www.foxnews.com...

-cwm

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There so much squabbling and finger pointing amongst officials, that they can't even hold the annual Fox Lake town hall meeting this year. This is bizarre..

Story: www.nwherald.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"Last Tuesday, for the first time, officials with the task force investigating the officer’s death conceded they are considering both homicide and suicide."

“The difficult position is this – we don’t have a perpetrator that we know of right now,” he said. “It’s very difficult to label this a homicide.”

Source

The ballistics reports have been turned over and we still have no answers in the case. My friend says that nobody is talking about the case and says that everyone "in the know" feels it was a suicide.

This case stinks....

P.S. How does a coroner's comments on the facts jeopardize the case? Potentially tipping off the supposed culprit that he has less to worry about...?
edit on 22-9-2015 by notmyrealname because: extra quote

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname>>> Could be. The police have either handled this very badly or they just have not had anything to work with and didn't want to admit it. I was saying that they should hand ANY information they had over to the media so the civilian population could add their input and offer up any leads or information they had. Instead they kept quiet and the investigation went nowhere. Lots of times the media gets hold of the facts and then broadcasts it to the people and then you have the case solved when somebody sees something and reports it. Maybe he wanted to have his family receive insurance and his kids think he was a hero. Its possible.
And it looks like the authorities can't decide whether to have an unsolved murder on their hands or to admit that a hero killed himself and then risk backlash from the people.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Dutchowl because: Added a comment.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Do we now have the real reason for the controversy?!

Family Benefits

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, I believe it is time to say that I called this one correctly and that my source was accurate in their initial comments on the matter. Maybe now we could move this out of this forum and back to a current news forum or something?

Investigators have announced that the officer was shot twice with his own weapon

SOURCE

So, who wants to try and justify the massive manhunt?
Who can not say that our police department (and unions) do not need an overhaul?
Why is it so hard and take so long to get the truth anymore when we talk about our police force?

...and YES I am aware that the media still is buying the we are still investigating as a potential homicide mantra; I am not impressed!

Two months full on investigation and all they can reveal is that he was shot by his own weapon? REALLY?!

Oh yeah, easily explained away as "we don't want to give any information that only the shooter would know" I call B.S.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Still posting regarding this case however it seems as we have passed the short bubble of anyone caring about these type of situations:

...note to self (ATS is still comprised of regular people)...

On to the recent "NON_NEWS":

Some Details Still 'Classified' In Fox Lake Police Shooting

Details like how far the officer's weapon was found from the body...

...however we know that he has residue from firing the weapon on his hand...

...two rounds fired...

...well ????

I do not think we need to invoke Occam's Razor here but damn!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
November 3, 2015

It looks like officer Gliniewicz's death is going to be officially declared a SUICIDE!
Story: www.msn.com...

This is shocking. But the poor officer's family saw no signs of depression, or anything at all out of the ordinary. He was scheduled to retire from the force with full pension the month after he...killed himself. Oh man...this is sad.

At least the law enforcement officers and officials investigating officer Gliniewicz's death don't look so incompetent now.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Well notmyrealname, you totally hit this one on the head. It was suicide. I started to suspect as much from MSM but long after you had posted this.

For those wondering - there are financial benefits, in some cases, to not killing yourself. Examples:

Some insurance companies have a suicide clause which means they will not pay, or will pay out a lesser amount, in suicide cases.

Some insurance companies have a double payout for certain types of death, like being shot in the line of duty might be twice the payout than killing yourself, or dying in some other way like a heart attack or car accident.

Probably his attempts to make suicide look like homicide was financially motivated.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Or, it could have actually been a homicide and the authorities have given up and taken the easy way out? I don't think tomorrow's news conference will bring closure.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Or, it could have actually been a homicide and the authorities have given up and taken the easy way out? I don't think tomorrow's news conference will bring closure.

Based on the evidence presented today, it's looking pretty much like a suicide. What slap in the face for the 4,000 law enforcement officers from all over the country who came to officer Gliniewicz's funeral.

Now, the wife and son are being investigated as his partners in crime.. and the charities that donated thousands of dollars to the family are asking for it back. What a sad event. So many hours taken from hundreds of people's lives, by this guy's suicide, disguised as a homicide.

Ref: www.nbcchicago.com...

-cwm

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Well well well...looks like your friend was correct after all...S&F for you

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
More news as the plot thickens:

Corruption in Fox Lake

new topics

top topics