It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New images from New Horizons: Pluto is a beautiful new mystery!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

EPIC Lie maybe

before You say something anything try to watch this and care to explain all those facts we all supposed to ignore.
geo satellites are not needed, all they are telling us(satellites) is easy to get from the ground ALL data! GPS to!

edit on 13-9-2015 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Can we maybe discuss Pluto, and not devolve into what is almost certainly a Flat-Earth debate?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Can we maybe discuss Pluto, and not devolve into what is almost certainly a Flat-Earth debate?

+1.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

wrong. i am not in to Flat-Earth theory and not in to Gravitational universal theory. but Electric Universe theory.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo

wrong. i am not in to Flat-Earth theory and not in to Gravitational universal theory. but Electric Universe theory.
Same thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

not really... one of the differences is that Flat-Earth people are believers in God or some holy book(s).... i do not believe in that at all.... but like You having Your believes they do to and me to.
the thing is, why are there questions? even Flat-Earth people having quiet a lot good points.... but with open mind i can see holes in all theories...
so, whit all the stuff we are having from NASA by today i think those Pluto pictures are made up, fake...
here are some new vids i just finish watching cos some mention the Flat-Earth... it is a bit long, but very entertaining

a lot a lot questions in here... and if You do not question, means You OBEY xx

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

There are still people debating that?

Has science education failed that miserably?

What next? Believing that lightning comes from Thor?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Same invalid nonsense.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: SuperFrog

sorry man, but we do not have plenty REAL single pictures of planet Earth.... the only single pic is from Apollo 17. All the others are composits , cgi or other tehnics )
Why?
.. i bet i know Your answer already.
i know even what NASA's answer is.

i just can't take it. with all the budget and all those missions across the solar system no single pic of The Earth for over 4o years. hmm, ok...

Let me ask you something - What do you consider real picture??

If answer is picture from negative, then please explain to me do you know how far is Pluto (we are talking about pictures taken recently, aren't we) and by projection, when do you think we can grab negatives from spacecraft that is headed out of our solar system after it served it's purpose?! Same goes for Voyager spacecrafts and thanks only to digital photography, we are able to see space and images they created, otherwise we would never see them, as all of them are headed away from earth.

Same is true for example for pictures of Venus surface, in time it took atmosphere to crush spacecraft, we got some images. (we in this case is Russian space agency)

And one more question - me taking pictures with my Canon EOS Rebel T2i camera is not photography??

You are funny....

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

This thread has been derailed badly by off topic discussion.

The topic of the thread is Pluto and the images from New Horizon.

Any other discussion is considered off topic: IE - Flat Earth, Electric Universe, etc.

Anymore posts that are not specifically about Pluto and the New Horizon images will be removed from this point forward.
Continuing to post Off Topic material will result in post bans being handed out.

You've been warned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To bring this thread back on-topic, a whole bunch of new images has just been posted to the LORRI image archive: pluto.jhuapl.edu...

Here's a high-rez LORRI image of Pluto's moon Charon with colour data from New Horizon's colour camera: farm1.staticflickr.com...

My interactive "photosynths" from the new images:

Global view - photosynth.net...
Detail - photosynth.net...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Wow these are fantastic !

Pluto looks really intersting almost like a wee mini Hoth

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

Just so you dont keep asking but here are some pics of earth from as recent as 2012
from many different craft

The Planetary Society

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Maybe none yet! But wait till we scour over these pics! Someone I am sure will find some anomalies to say like, "Hey! This is NOT a Rock!!" LMAO!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Resurrecting this thread rather than start a new one, because there is a cool new discovery about Pluto:

Dunes on Pluto

Dunes composed of methane ice grains have been spotted in the Sputnik Planitia region of Pluto, which is that heart-shaped area that's mostly made of nitrogen ice.

Science paper

Wind-blown sand or ice dunes are known on Earth, Mars, Venus, Titan, and comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Telfer et al. used images taken by the New Horizons spacecraft to identify dunes in the Sputnik Planitia region on Pluto (see the Perspective by Hayes). Modeling shows that these dunes could be formed by sand-sized grains of solid methane ice transported in typical Pluto winds. The methane grains could have been lofted into the atmosphere by the melting of surrounding nitrogen ice or blown down from nearby mountains. Understanding how dunes form under Pluto conditions will help with interpreting similar features found elsewhere in the solar system.

I think it's a very cool find, and shows yet again that Pluto is a dynamic, living, breathing environment that changes overtime. I wonder what it would be like to stand amongs those dunes, looking at the nitrogen ice fields with their huge pits, and the methane ice mountains on the horizon.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-6-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

at least its not intelligent pushing and pulling theory!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join