It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Riot training in Ottawa area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was walking to the dentist yesterday when I noticed in a park...

- About 20 soldiers in riot gear
- About 30 Policemen in a group
- About a dozen civilians milling about with placards at their feet as if they were actors in training.

This all occurred in downtown Hull (Gatineau), on the opposite river bank of the Ottawa River to Ottawa.

Since when does Canada deploy soldiers in riot gear? Just what were they training for?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alsace
- About a dozen civilians milling about with placards at their feet as if they were actors in training.

Pictures or it never happened!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alsace

Hmmm...they have had similar 'training' going on here in the UK this summer.......I know we are over the Pond, however something is brewing that's for sure.....and for us, I don't believe they are worried about civil unrest due to the refugee crisis in Europe, that is the smoke screen to what I believe to be an impending massive financial collapse world wide.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This all occurred in downtown Hull (Gatineau), on the opposite river bank of the Ottawa River to Ottawa.

Since when does Canada deploy soldiers in riot gear? Just what were they training for?

We had hundreds of these asclowns out in full force during the g20. We of course also had their agent provocateurs.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Filming a movie maybe? The Walking Dead is filmed a few miles south of where I live. I've seen a few strange things but at least, in my case, it's obviously not real - unless the zombie apocalypse is coming

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We are coming for you, the nasty girls aka national guard will come first then our infantry then our veterans beware of the green men, ok sarcasm off.. Look it's likely a training exercise and not a nefarious plot to pull a military coup, but I guess it's good and diligent you are noticing.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

What parts of the world do your soldiers deploy to?

Is it possible that they may need to be trained in crowd control for those places?

Just a thought.

(post by alsace removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

What parts of the world do your soldiers deploy to?

Is it possible that they may need to be trained in crowd control for those places?

Just a thought.

As about half of them were Gatineau City Police, one has to wonder what sort of international incident requires the UN to ask for Canada to send in, not peacekeepers, but a bunch of Gatineau City Police to start handing out parking tickets?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

We had hundreds of these asclowns out in full force during the g20. We of course also had their agent provocateurs.

Cheers - Dave

The biggest international even in Gatineau this week is Pharmaprix knocking a 99 cents off a packet of Orange Juice.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

We are coming for you, the nasty girls aka national guard will come first then our infantry then our veterans beware of the green men, ok sarcasm off.. Look it's likely a training exercise and not a nefarious plot to pull a military coup, but I guess it's good and diligent you are noticing.

Still doesn't answer my central question... since when does Canada send in Soldiers to deal with riots rather than riot Police? Just why do they need these joint training with the Gatineau Police?

new topics

join