It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jarring experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm sorry to bring up Deja Vu again, but I'm new to this site and haven't had the opporunity to share my experiences when Deja Vu was mentioned in the past.

This is basically about a particularly vivid Deja Vu experience I had last month at a restaurant. Not one of those common experiences that many people, myself included have about certain events having taken place in the past, but something so powerfully jarring that it left me exhausted. I was having a conversation with my parents who were siting with me, when a particular phrase triggered De Ja Vu. However, instead of the usual fleeting and dizzying experience, everything around me was in a blur, everything said for aboiut a full 30 seconds like it was a part of a script that I was compelled to read and act from. The waiters moving around, my responses to my parents questions.....all seemed like they had happened before in the exact same sequence. Whats so weird about this expereince is that I knew I was having De Ja Vu as I was having it, and even though I had the ability to do things differently, I didn't.

Have some of you experienced the same thing in your lives, maybe on a slighly less extreme scale? I'm just really confused, as these Deja Vu experiences are happening more frequently to me than they did in the past, and none have been as significant as this one.

join