It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Focus group reaction led to Clinton's 'apology'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Apparently Hilary Clinton only apologized to voters for her illegal email scandal after hiring a focus group. This woman is not believable or honest. How anyone can vote for this shrew is beyond me.

Everything this woman says is based on polls and scripting.

Video HERE

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Focus group reaction led to Clinton's 'apology'

Of course it did.

I am with you. If anyone cant see beyond the FAKE apology they are beyond hopeless.

But she learned the 'apology' strategy from a good source. Next it will be the meaning of IS.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I laughed like hell when I saw it! Then I wanted to throw up.

It was so rehearsed it was insulting! She changed the tone of her voice from the robotic one with no emotion we are all used to hearing, changed her makeup (to some awful orange color) and I'll bet my life she had to rehearse those words and control her voice at least 20 times!

She should get a career in professional wrestling! She is a total fail at acting.....

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder if she rehearsed it as much as she did for this:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And I bet she really didn't want to "apologize" either.

If she was genuine, she would have "apologized" on her own and would have done so sooner.

So far, all she has done is lie.

Why believe anything now?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Phonies are always phunny aren't they.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sometimes, you really have to wonder if Hillary actually wants to be elected when she behaves like this.

Further, with her behaving like this, if she is elected, it's the best argument yet for a compromised electoral system.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why believe anything now?

Well... because she is sorry now. She apologized.

We are supposed to forget all of these things that she has done.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Anything she will ever say in public has most likely been through a focus group--she says nothing from the mind or heart.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was told that the anti christ would be a man, my money is on her,damn shes an evil little demon.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hilary should drop out and stop wasting peoples' time and money. That said, focus groups are nothing new in the world of politics. Haven't you ever heard of Frank Luntz?

From Wikipedia:

Frank I. Luntz (born February 23, 1962) is an American political consultant,[2] pollster, and "public opinion guru"[3] best known for developing talking points and other messaging for various Republican causes. His work has included assistance with messaging for Newt Gingrich's Contract with America, promotion of the terms death tax instead of estate tax and climate change instead of global warming, and public relations support for pro-Israel policies in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Luntz's most recent work has been with the Fox News Channel as a frequent commentator and analyst, as well as running focus groups during and after presidential debates. Luntz describes his specialty as “testing language and finding words that will help his clients sell their product or turn public opinion on an issue or a candidate.”[4] He is also an author of business books dealing with communication strategies and public opinion. Luntz's current company, Luntz Global, LLC, specializes in message creation and image management for commercial and political clients.

In other words, he uses focus groups to figure out which words will trigger the desired emotional responses in conservatives. The results of his focus group testing become the buzzwords that are repeated by GOP politicians over and over again until they elicit a Pavlovian response. It's called dog-whistle politics.

The Democrats do the same thing and I'm sure whatever company Hillary is using has countless other clients from the Democrats. Then of course there's also the multiple massive voter information databases and campaign CRM software to tie into them so we can all be targeted with precisely tailored propaganda.

Unfortunately, we're viewed by politicians as essentially a herd of cattle to be manipulated into voting in their favor. If you can find a candidate who isn't doing the above, I'd be shocked.
edit on 2015-9-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is only one apology that would satisfy me.

Her getting cuffed and frogwalked to jail.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It looks like she's gradually losing support. I really think Bernie Sanders will end up being the democratic front runner once the democratic debates are televised.

There's still along way to go yet in this election. I wouldn't be surprised if Trumps numbers start waning and the other two republican outsiders, Karly Fiorina and Ben Carson overtake him.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It looks like she's gradually losing support. I really think Bernie Sanders will end up being the democratic front runner once the democratic debates are televised.

There's still along way to go yet in this election. I wouldn't be surprised if Trumps numbers start waning and the other two republican outsiders, Karly Fiorina and Ben Carson overtake him.

I could live with Ben Carson! Not because I agree with some of the policies he has come out with but because I can call anyone from the left who doesn't agree with his policies a "RACIST"?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Exactly. Focus groups are well-known for their usage in the political landscape. If we say Hillary is "not believable or honest" or a "phony" because she used a focus group, can we say the same about anyone that has used focus groups? Including Republicans?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We can say Hillary is phony, insincere, and her apology was fake and forced.
Because it was...fake, and insincere, and forced, the point she appeared to be a hostage.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure there's a politician that doesn't use focus groups. This has been the standard political play for both sides for almost 100 years since Edward Bernays started consulting for politicians.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evil_Santa
I'm not sure there's a politician that doesn't use focus groups. This has been the standard political play for both sides for almost 100 years since Edward Bernays started consulting for politicians.

Who is Edward Bernays? Is he a Democrat or Republican?

/end sarcasm

Awesome reference!

new topics

top topics

join