It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Agree With This Statement?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Religion and spiritualness are two very different concepts. Perhaps you should take it with a grain of sand, since you are so sure what it is I am saying goes against your ideals.

And yet here you are inserting yourself into a subject matter you really do not understand or care to accept or that you have an opinionated mindset of stone and have decided anything you don't grasp must be completely idiotic.

Guess what? I do not really care whether you agree or not and I really could care less if you like it or aprove of my methodology or presentation.

This is for those with open minds willing to absorb and you clearly are not capable. Your insults come from insecurity and I have hope that one day you will actually decide to get it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I've got nothing against your spiritual claims aside from the fact that they are all solely faith based, and I think they are mostly ridiculous.
If this thread was in "Religion, FAITH, and Theology" then I would ignore it as woo woo silliness, but you post it in philosophy so I shall respond however I wish provided I remain within T's & C's, and the mods don't tell me otherwise.

You have nothing aside from personal belief, nothing.
Everything you have posted is a faith based argument, with the premise being that souls etc are confirmed reality.
It is not philosophy, and it pollutes the philosophy forum in my opinion.

Don't like my opinion? Take your woo woo claims to 'Religion Faith and Theology' and I shall ignore it.
Keep it in philosophy and I shall continue to respond as I see fit, unlucky.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Here is a thought, why don't you sit down and pen a book about all the things you disagree with and post it in your own OP.

No need. It's on topic, so this thread is the right place.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Here is a thought, why don't you sit down and pen a book about all the things you disagree with and post it in your own OP.

No need. It's on topic, so this thread is the right place.
Agreed.
If philosophical discussion is the OP intention then challenging the things we disagree with is the correct response here.

The OP could request a mod move of the topic to the 'Religion, FAITH, and theology' forum if they wish to solely proselytise and ignore even high school basics of philosophical debate.
I will ignore it then and leave them to their faith love-in.

*Edit*
I imagine most people will ignore it in the 'religion, faith, theology' forum and the OP knows that so they instead posted it in philosophy for exposure.
This topic as structured in the OP is NOT philosophy, it is just lame mutual appreciation of unverifiable faith based claims, and I will be like a dog with a bone about it.
It dumbs down the definition of philosophical discussion, and shows the world that ATS defines 'philosophy' as something as lame as other lame places on the internet...godlike or not.

edit on 12.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join