It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Agree With This Statement?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

We are all related as souls. It would be nice to live in a world where could accept that.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I disagree. Right off the top, you give the survival of the human race undue importance.

Then you say spirit is positive and flesh is negative. If the spirit chose to experience human life then it wanted to experience greed and hatred and anger which would make the spiritual being just as negative as the human being.

Maybe, it would make it worse because it chose to experience these things willfully.
edit on 10-9-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

We are all related as souls. It would be nice to live in a world where could accept that.

'We' are not related as 'souls'.
There is only the soul (sole).

The whole entire thing is what is happening. Now is what is happening, this the present (presence) is happening - it is all there is alone - all one.

But the conflict, the un-peace is caused by the belief that what is happening is happening to 'you'. That supposed separate 'you' that life seams to be happening to makes life feel unsafe. That supposed separate 'you' wants to survive and that need for the separate self to survive is the conflict - the violence.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I see, I guess that are the two terms that people are more familiar with, thanks to religious upbringing. Got you.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Eventually that will be the goal of the soul to advance humanity to live in harmony, the problem is that we the soul inhabit the human body all memories of in between live is erased for a purpose, even when once in a while very advance souls will come to earth to push some enlightened, these advance souls are those that you hear about because of deeds, but never get to really know their work, like great spiritual leaders and those that spend their live helping others.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You are right, the soul is unique in the human body, but when the soul is released and goes back to their source they are all the same and have the same make over but still keeping independence.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Unfortunately, there are those people who do not believe in the existence of a soul or a higher spiritual plane, nor those who take personal responsibility to keep in check, or to correct negative, inner- and outer-damaging behaviours - so here we are, and here we may remain - in a disconnected state of stagnation.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Unfortunately, there are those people who do not believe in the existence of a soul or a higher spiritual plane,
Yep, I'm one of them. I am open to change if ever such claims can be verified, but until then, nope.

nor those who take personal responsibility to keep in check, or to correct negative, inner- and outer-damaging behaviours
Ah, I try to avoid negative 'inner and outer damaging beahaviour wherever I can because moral awareness and intention requires no need to believe in souls or higher spiritual planes.

- so here we are, and here we may remain - in a disconnected state of stagnation.
More unverifiable belief dressed up as an assertion. As you will no doubt imagine, I do not believe in whatever is supposed to mean either.
I just know that a belief in souls and other such spiritual claims is not necessary for people to be kind to each other.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I never stated that souls and other such spiritual claims are necessary for people to be kind to each other. Many non-spiritual people can act (as is expected in a civil society) kindly towards others, but there is no verifiable evidence either that they truly have a kind nature.

My assertion is that spirituality and soul consciousness manifested collectively for a common purpose of goodwill and peace, globally, will never be achieved because many people are self-limited due to various types of programming and many people I discuss higher meditation practices with, admit to me that they are afraid to venture there - there, meaning self-awareness.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Ah, 'higher meditation practices' yeah, okay, if your assertion just boils down to your own personal perception/experience while meditating I'll leave you to it.
The premise of discussion between ourselves would be accepting your claims based solely on your personal testimony of meditation. There is nothing to support this "spirituality and soul consciousness manifested collectively for a common purpose of goodwill and peace" outside of personal testimony.

I have no interest in philosophical debate where the premise is based on claims from meditating.
It is easy to make claims about experiences in deep meditation, I could make my own tales up and argue them here easily. Sorry, but I don't just blindly believe claims from unknown folk on the internet.

Kind regards,
GoS.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

As I stated in my last post, which you conveniently left by the wayside, it is my assertion from my own experiences along with many others' who have the exact same experiences. You are certainly free to believe whatever you wish to believe as I.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I know you wouldn't agree...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Ah, let me explain as you must have not much dealings with the internet. As this joke was all over the net at one time.
Firstly the virgin joke. This is classed as irony. Yes, Muslims do not like homosexuals and that's the point. ie they commit, in our eyes murderous acts but in their eyes soul saving acts, the kick back comes (because no one knows if there is a heaven or if there is 72 virgins) when you think "what if it's not like they think and there really is 72 males and not 72 females". If you can't get that you've led a too sheltered life.
As for faith. Faith IS a human belief and when humans take that faith to extremes it's called religion. Or should I say religion is faith based on what SOME humans believe and that is where the whole house of cards fall down as your faith is not the same as their faith and although your faith is peaceful their is not and as long as one of them is alive there will be conflict.
I hope you notice there I did not presume to say what your faith is or what the opposite faith is, just fill in the blanks yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah cool, that's why I'm ignoring the thread now, I've never been that interested in 'philosophical' debate when the premise is unverifiable claims of people who state they learned whatever though 'higher' meditation.
I don't consider it philosophy, more woo woo spiritual stuff, so I'll leave it alone as the OP is dripping in such debate which requires belief without evidence.
I've said everything I needed to say, so I'll step out, but of course if you or anyone else has something other than personal testimony to back up your claims then I may return, interested.

...I suspect it is likely that will not happen though.
Kind Regards,
GoS.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I disagree. You can't survive against a terrorist, for example, showing him love/compassion.
that's just not how the world works. The "love and compassion" thing could work only if we all agree that's the right way. And that's just not possible.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I am unsure why you were interested in this thread to begin with, considering the subject matter deals with the existence of a soul in an human vessel and that soul's struggle to dare to venture beyond the programming and step up (rebel) to try to discuss or to share positivity and connectiveness for the common good of all souls (world peace).

Outside the realm of higher awareness and spirituality, with good intention, it appears those people that function purely by reason (using questionable facts), or greed, or attainment of personal power, have certainly have made and continue to make a dismal mess of things.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

On retrospect I am unsure why I posted my first reply here, it is just more of the same pseudo-philosophy which I think would be better suited in the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum.
The entire premise is based on faith, and your unverifiable claims of 'higher meditation' experiences.
This thread is not philosophy, it is faith based spiritual claims masquerading as such.
I should have ignored it for that reason.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

On retrospect I am unsure why I posted my first reply here, it is just more of the same pseudo-philosophy which I think would be better suited in the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum.
The entire premise is based on faith, and your unverifiable claims of 'higher meditation' experiences.
This thread is not philosophy, it is faith based spiritual claims masquerading as such.
I should have ignored it for that reason.

My assertions are verifiable to me and to the other people that travel the same spiritual path as I, and have the exact same experiences, that is how we come to the point of verification, knowing and truth.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
to discuss or to share positivity and connectiveness for the common good of all souls (world peace).

Souls don't need this. It would defeat the purpose.

Outside the realm of higher awareness and spirituality, with good intention, it appears those people that function purely by reason (using questionable facts), or greed, or attainment of personal power, have certainly have made and continue to make a dismal mess of things.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Once again you fail to grasp what it is I am saying and that is unfortunate. Here is a thought, why don't you sit down and pen a book about all the things you disagree with and post it in your own OP.

edit on 12-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join