It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Agree With This Statement?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

In the end, the only way for us to survive is with kindness and compassion for one another, as opposed to hatred and violence.

The human condition can swing both ways, right?

Here is what I believe...we have both energies within us, positive and negative...the positive is our spiritual being and the negative is our human being.

When we are consumed with greed and hatred and anger, we are allowing our human being to control us, when we are trying to overcome those negative feelings it is our spiritual being that is overriding that human construct.

We are souls inhabiting human vessels, not human bodies with souls.

The choices we make impact us for eternity, whether we are here or somewhere else. The way we allow ourselves to be controlled by outside forces is entirely up to each soul while navigating the obstacle course that is the human race.

There is no need for words to understand what is right or wrong, the soul knows inherently, but the human being is clouded in judgment and blinded by poor behavior choices.

We want more than we need, we live in greed. Extravagance, gluttony, sexual depravity, more, more, more. Nothing ever satisfies our desire for more of everything, if we don't have it, we want it, if we have it, we want more of it.

We as humans never know when to say enough is enough, we as souls understand most of what we have is unnecessary; yes we live in a world where currency is the norm and technology is advancing.

If we want to survive we have to succumb to the human construct even if we as souls do not agree with the principle cores of such a system.

There is a very fine line that separates the two realms of the human being and the spiritual being; it requires a balancing act on the wire.

This balancing act can be overwhelming for the soul as well as the human and that is the difference between heaven and hell.

If you want to be in heaven, follow your soul, if you want to be in hell, let your human condition take you there, either way it is your choice to decide which side of the wire you want to fall on.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would say we take the middle way, no extremes

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I especially love that last paragraph.

That should be the norm when it comes to religion. This world is too much of "mine is better than yours so die or be shun/shamed upon for not conforming"...= human condition & Needs more spiritualism understanding.

This was Great, Nice Posting

P.L.U.R.
edit on th08Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:08:10 -0500K201591030pm9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So what your basically saying, is that the only way to live an ethically moral lifestyle, is by starving yourself and rejecting the opportunity to be more materialistically wealthy than your fellow neighbour?

Personally, I agree. But then again I'm doomed to die poor and miserable.

Theirs also another train of thought that implies this existence is all there is. So you should just lie, beg and steal to get ahead in life and just enjoy it well it lasts, well having the advantage over your peers.

I guess we'll all just have to wait till our own judgement day comes around, to know whether being humble is a wise lifestyle, or just plain stupid!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You give human beings to much credit by leaving out "Primal Instincts". As much as we feel we may be superior and more special than other mammals on this planet, when our domestication (civility) is compromised because we can no longer survive, we resort to that which we were born with. Primal Instincts.

Being hungry is a primal instinct.
Wanting to have sex, is a primal instinct.

Those who are starving may have to kill to eat, thus ensuring their further survival. Getting horny, is a primal instinct that ensures our propagation as a species.

Human beings are bottom line, the same as what we call animals. We have just been domesticated and protected from becoming what we truly are. Many of us are lucky that we don't have to steal or kill to eat. See how long you can starve though before you revert to your instincts to survive? We are not special. Look around you and see those who are relying on their primal instincts to survive...........it's not a pretty picture is it?

edit on 10-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

.the positive is our spiritual being and the negative is our human being.

The negative is our love for material things, money and self. That corrupts the body.

Wages of sin and all that…

(imo)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
In the end, the only way for us to survive is with kindness and compassion for one another, as opposed to hatred and violence.
Yep, I agree with that.
The rest I dismiss as personal faith though, I don't believe in souls and other such unverifiable things.
There is no requirement to believe in a soul concept to treat others with kindness and compassion.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Very interesting read. I like the last paragraph.

But here is my observation. You are viewing this through what appears to be a perspective of some form of Christian belief, or at least spiritual in nature. What about the antagonist to the Christian/spiritual belief? How do you resolve the issue of an opposing religion who believes the path to the promised land is paved with the bodies of those whom have been slain in battle? A western view of the path to heaven is pure, peace loving, caring, and compassion for mankind. Some middle easterners view the path to heaven as killing those of the western view. To die in battle with the great infidel of the west is the greatest death they can imagine and is rewarded with 72 virgins upon reaching the promised land.

The guy they are talking to has lived in a dirt hut most of his life. He has nothing, and has spent way too much time behind a goat... You tell that guy he will be rewarded with 72 virgins when he gets to heaven if he takes a few of 'those guys' with him when he goes, what do you think he will do?. Hell, when I was 17, I would have crawled on my belly through five miles of broken glass just for a chance at a genuine hottie. You promise these guys not just a chance with one, but a guarantee of 72...yeah, they are going to do whatever you tell them to do. Its all they have to look forward to, and they are eager to get there.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Crawl over broken bottles for a hottie!! What makes you think that the 72 virgins will be female.
As for the post, well, you do have your rose coloured glasses firmly on your head. Humans are animals, no more no less. It's only humans that think they are more than they are. What you propose is passivism and passifists will never, ever win as long as there is but one non- passafist.
Whatever law and order or"kindness to other humans" will always have to have some-one behind the scenes making unsavoury decisions and doing unsavoury acts (which would go against your mindset) to keep you free to enjoy your uncomplicated existence.
I wont go into the religious aspect as that is just based on faith, what YOU believe not what the human race believe.
Though faith has"saved" quite a few people it has also subjugated, tortured and killed many more.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Accepted benevolence resonance data

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I believe that its the greatest single ideology we need to work on....I am reminded we all have a choice on how to live. And everything has it's opposite.

Right-Wrong
Good-Bad
Left-Right
Black-White
Over-Under
This way-that way
His-Hers
Belief-Disbelief
etc.....

We can have it as we wish. The problem lies in convincing those who believe in the negative...for they will stay negative.

John Lennon said it best..."Instant Karma's gonna get you!" True. It will.

I choose to learn one new thing each day...help one person every day...and to try and not be so hard on myself when I make a mistake...and I will be making them.

Strive for good, persue being better...a little at a time...We can live in splendor...or squalor...and choose to be the problem...or the "solution".

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

edit on 9-10-2015 by searcherfortruth because: deleted

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I don't believe in karma or souls, I'm just nice to people because being nice is nice.
If I'm wrong and karma is real then added bonus because I generally help people, but as with belief in souls, belief in karma is not required to treat others nice.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The negative is our love for material things, money and self. That corrupts the body.

(imo)

Where the whole "spiritual good, material bad" business comes from?...and with which purpose?...

edit on 10-9-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good post. To take it further or in a different direction. What if we treated everyone like they were our family?

If that old bum on the street was our grandfather, maybe we'd at least stop and make sure he was okay...

If that prostitute on the street was our sister, maybe we'd plead with her at least once to change her ways and offer her a ride to the women's shelter...

If that dude tweeting hatred for America for ISIS was our son, maybe we'd ask him to stop before he got into real trouble and offer him a way to get help before he got himself killed and not just send a drone to kill him and everyone he knows first...

If that middle aged guy, trying to get into our country because his home was burned down and he had no possessions and no job opportunities was our brother, maybe we'd welcome him and tell we'd help him get a job

If that guy who voted for Obama last time and really likes Sanders this time was our father, maybe we wouldn't call him stupid and clueless and ask him why and who else he likes this time besides Sanders...a real conversation like you would have with someone in your family...

If that woman in Palestine who's son got blown up was our mother, maybe we'd stop telling her it was her fault and treat her like a real person, and help make sure more children don't die.... more of our brothers and sisters...

If we acted like everyone on earth was part of our immediate family, and they kind of are, we could change the world...instead though we'll insult everyone who isn't like us and complain to no end about it.

edit on 10-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yosako

originally posted by: intrptr

(imo)

Where the whole "spiritual good, material bad" business comes from?…and with which purpose?…

Okay, I get it, thanks for the reminder.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Amen! That's the nail in the coffin...

Imaging a world were everyone is just kind and generous, well that will be utopia. So it begs the question Is Obama kind? Is Trump kind? Is Sanders kind? Is Hillary kind?

Who of this politicians has a proven good moral standing for the last 40 plus years? This is your chance to create that reality you prefer!

Peace
edit on 10-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

We are souls inhabiting human vessels, not human bodies with souls. , I agree with this and that's about all.

Yes the human brain in the human body is ruled by emotions and that include all the bad emotions with the good ones.

The role of the soul is to experience those emotions and learn from experiences in order to advance humanity.

No, I don't believe in a haven and hell we all come from the same place and the same source, at death the soul will be released to go back where it came from.

The concept of haven and hell is a human creation enforced by religion.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Crawl over broken bottles for a hottie!! What makes you think that the 72 virgins will be female.
As for the post, well, you do have your rose coloured glasses firmly on your head. Humans are animals, no more no less. It's only humans that think they are more than they are. What you propose is passivism and passifists will never, ever win as long as there is but one non- passafist.
Whatever law and order or"kindness to other humans" will always have to have some-one behind the scenes making unsavoury decisions and doing unsavoury acts (which would go against your mindset) to keep you free to enjoy your uncomplicated existence.
I wont go into the religious aspect as that is just based on faith, what YOU believe not what the human race believe.
Though faith has"saved" quite a few people it has also subjugated, tortured and killed many more.

Ummm....what the hell are you talking about?

I think its generally accepted that the virgins will be female. Especially if you consider that muslims generally kill homosexuals, I think it would be a pretty big change of heart to reward their warriors with 72 stiff ones in heaven. (though it would be a great bit of humor if they did)

Rose colored glasses? I said the Christian path to heaven is kindness and compassion and the middle easterners path is to kill us for it. How is that rose colored glasses? Or do you mean they will be red with the spattered blood of the victims of the next terror attack?

I read your post three times.... WTF are you talking about? Religion is faith based not what humans believe?

I can almost piece together a few sentient sentences but I have to cut and paste a lot to make it work.

I will give you this - that was impressive...whatever it was...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Do you not recognize semantics. I only use heaven and hell for others. Does it really matter what you call it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join