It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound/feeling when drifting off...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

Yeah, had that all my life. I thought it was normal.

Same with loud noises in the dark.... Loud noises = pulse light flashes. I assume that is normal as well.
edit on 10-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hello..I have had the feeling, maybe 3x, of electricity gathering as I drifted to sleep..felt like it all rushed at me..but it wasn't painful..I did not like the waiting..guess Tom Petty wad right

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

I don't get this as I'm falling to sleep, but I get this exact sensation when I have a sudden rush of pain, such as smashing my finger or stepping on a Lego. It's like a blast of static noise, where I can actually hear the pain signal like a whoosh of electrons in my brain.
edit on 10-9-2015 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeah I get that too, usually when I'm trying to go full OBE, but am half stuck in my body. Do you feel the electricity on the cap of your head? I think it has something to do with the cerebral cortex (outermost brain tissue)... The cerebral cortex may be conflicting because it normally takes executive control during the wake state, but an OBE may be executed by something different... perhaps "spirit" or "soul".

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The state between waking and sleeping is called the hypnogogic state. It's when your brainwaves are in deep alpha. A lot of people hear realistic voices and sounds in that state, but often they don't realize it has to do with radio frequencies. If you keep tuning in to the same one and it sounds that way, it's probably a radio frequency.
edit on 11-9-2015 by Liraz because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yea you could be hearing a number of things, in the Alpha state like the above poster mentioned, you do hear something like a radio band in a sense, the funny thing is, at least me feeling is that it's a radio band but it could be telling you some element of the truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It usually your body doing pre-sleep tuning that is required in order to dream/obe, nothing to really worry about.
However, if you start picking up on someone in the room doing it to you, then you should really be worried. No one usually gets the lights out by someone just cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join