It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound/feeling when drifting off...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
First, to the Mods if this is in the wrong area I'm sorry but it was here or Dreams/Predictions...

Okay so let me begin by saying that this started for me when I was a child, I can't quite exactly remember when but I was young... And although it's quietened down now it still happens from time to time.

Firstly I'll be drifting off to sleep, calm and in my own "zone" so to speak, I feel like I'm about to, or already have had, an OOBE. Except instead of having that "falling" feeling I'll have the strangest sound flood through my ears with a micro-vibration through my system.

Imagine you're watching a Football/Soccer game on mute and suddenly one of the teams scores - you quickly unmute the TV for a split second but you get a rush of the crowd roaring... With me?

Or imagine you've got an old school dial-up modem with the fizz/crackle that literally sounds for a brief second or two on an extremely loud volume level.

This is what I get... "Walkie-Talkie white noise with a hint of an electric shock" I've referred to it as, when telling the story to friends/family. It happens literally for a moment as if someone/thing is pulling me back to the "waking world" or my spiritual self "shifting" or something of that ilk...

I'm just wondering if anybody here has experienced this phenomenon or know anyone who has?

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

I absolutely know what you are talking about. Once in a while I have a similar experience. To me, it's not so much a specific sound but just as I begin to fall asleep I am jolted awake by what I can only describe as the "sensation" of hearing a very brief incredibly loud sound.

My uneducated guess is there is a term for this. Maybe something in the brain that doesn't click right when shutting down for sleep.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes there is an explanation, you might have Exploding Head Syndrome: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Notice the article I linked says it happens before falling asleep or just waking up.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah I've had the odd boom just before sleep sets in. I wounder if its some form of Tinitus.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I also have that but only for the last 10 years or so, never before!
You also may experience sleep paralyze and/or out of body experiences, I think they are all related.

Never believed in ghosts/spirits but I do now anyways, if you get this buss you can get your conscious 'survive' the sleeping moment (where your body gets in a sleeping state but you are still aware), if you would like... and get out of body experiences.
Note; you may see something sometimes, can be frightening, but you can always 'get back'' and wake up again.

edit on 10-9-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sir, weird sounds while drifting off are normal. Ok, it's weird experience, but still - it's normal thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
hm...weird, double post?
edit on 10-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

This is very interesting I've never heard of this before thank you 👍🏼

However the statement that cause and mechanism are both still unknown makes this (EHS) itself very odd and worthy of further investigation.
edit on 10-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch
a reply to: VashTheStampede

However the statement that cause and mechanism are both still unknown makes this (EHS) itself very odd and worthy of further investigation.

Time to open an X-file

link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Yeah I've been there before on the ol OOBE trail with the "falling back into your body" afterwards but this always seems different.

Thanks for your response!

link   
I occasionally wake up startled by what sounds like a loud bang on the wall or someone knocking hard on my door. It's usually two knocks. My dad used to wake me up like that.
I've learned to ignore it if my dog is still sleeping.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I occasionally wake up startled by what sounds like a loud bang on the wall or someone knocking hard on my door. It's usually two knocks. My dad used to wake me up like that.
I've learned to ignore it if my dog is still sleeping.

Very interesting story that... Are you insinuating it's somehow connected with your father or?

Yes, I often do that too. If none of my pets are disturbed by what I'm feeling or hearing, I tend to try and go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had something like this happen once during sleep paralysis. Woke up unable to move, and heard an electrical static/snowy "roaring" becoming louder and louder, while seeing black and purple "snow" encroaching on my field of vision.

Talked to my doctor about it and concluded it was either blood pressure, vertebrobasilar insufficiency (because of other symptoms I was having such as scotomas - which fortunately just turned out to be migraines,) transient ischemia, or benign sleep paralysis. The first three were ruled out, so we settled on benign sleep paralysis. Hasn't happened since.

Or it was something else beyond the realm of medical science, but who can say?

Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You welcome. It's really odd yes and the electric buzzing sound is sometimes really really loud.

Also I think I could share but I always had feeling something was watching me... and sometimes I felt something pressing very hard on certain body parts (while close to sleeping state), like 'something' is trying to make me aware that he/she is there. My dog could see this presence, his hair would go straight up and he would show his teeth and looking terrified while looking somewhere in the middle of the room.

Also once I had a sleep paralyze and I woke up but couldn't move my body and felt 2 hands trying to shoke me! I tried to wake up but couldn't and when I did at last and could move my body again I turned on the light but nothing there.
Many years later I had out of body experiences and could see someone getting very close like a black shadow figure, very close to my face.... once I tried to shoke it myself with my hands (with my outer body / when out of body) and since then ''it'' never bothered me again it seems.

edit on 10-9-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

It's a problem that comes with aging from my personal experience and thinking about my old neighbor. She insisted that some one coming outside the wall of her bedroom in the middle of the night was hitting the wall making a loud noise. Later, after I aged a decade or more, I went through the same type of experiences. Yes, there is a name for it. I recall reading something about it a few months ago. It is a psychological quirk that happens. It can also be something of lesser intensity such as a phone (out of the room) ringing, a knock on the door, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yes ,sounds just like pscotronic activities, I have cured 17 people to date with a simple mix of many wave forms that is played on headphones that go to 24 kHz.this sound contaminates the biorelivent feedback loop that they use to link up to the victim ,another term is long distance telemetering.free thought is dangerous to them and want to monitor every ones thoughts and modify them before you know what's going on.welcome to this brave new world paid for with your tax money.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i also have similar expriences while meditating.

often a high pitched constant noise, similar to a tinnitus. in intensives phases it stars to move from right to left and back. a bit like the thx audio effects in cinemas before the movies.

another one is a deep humming/rumbling sound, this one sounds like a dryer/washing machine or a huge fridge through a couple of walls.

the high pitched voice often stays for days, and i feel like my hearing is super sensitive. i hear a lot better (louder) to the point where small sounds (typing on keyboards, chairs screeching on the floor, traffic noises) become unbearable.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Yes I often have this high sensitive for sounds....Especially when there is ''death silence'', and the smallest noise then makes it sounds like your ears are exploding.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I've heard that this is usually the sounds you hear just before entering the astral realms. I've never personally experienced this but search for experiences people have just before having an OBE and sounds of the astral realms. That might be a good place for you to start.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AeonMoon

Thank you AeonMoon, sounds very interesting I'll give it a look!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join