It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Mag Urges Attack on Koch Brothers, Buffett, Bloomberg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Problem with that is Government, and congress are the ones who make policy, and 'vote' to go to war.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Typically the guys with the money are the ones that call the shots. In DC the guys with the money are the lobbyist clients not the politicians that need money and positive PR to get re-elected.

I somehow doubt our politicians [sarcasm] which are known for their utmost integrity and work ethics [/sarcasm] are sitting in a room thinking of what regulations they can pass to better the lives of the masses.

I'm my reality I see the Lobbyist clients that spend hundreds of millions in lobbying year after year with their dedicated dream team of lawyers on standby drafting these regulations and having our money dependent politicians robo-signing them. When Nancy pelosi said we have to pass the laws to understand what is in it she wasn't kidding , our politicians robosigned the drafts provided by the lobbyist.

It is the reason that regulations typically favor Oligopolies versus the consumer. The Oligopolies create the laws in this country and use their influence over the DNC,RNC, MSM, and campaign re elections to control our politicians.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Speaking of truth, how about backing this statement up with evidence, huh?

The 'evidence' has been in the news everyday for the last 15 years.

And is on display in Yemen,Iraq,Afghanistan, and Syria, and Pakistan.

Lol. That's pretty funny coming from you. You should really be the last person demanding intellectual honesty from people. Heck, you couldn't even be bothered to refute my argument in THIS thread without inventing part of my argument.

Right because denigrating rich folks is such a valid position to take.
edit on 10-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Oh now I am pretty damn sure because for the last 15 years I have heard nothing but the ME is Bush's 'fault'.

Now in this thread it's them evil billionaires' 'fault'.

People need to make up their minds.

WHICH WAY IS IT ?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Speaking of truth, how about backing this statement up with evidence, huh?

The 'evidence' has been in the news everyday for the last 15 years.

And is on display in Yemen,Iraq,Afghanistan, and Syria, and Pakistan.

Lol. You never fail to disappoint neo. Instead of actually coming through and backing your nonsense up with actual links that spell out what you are saying, you come back with a vague description of past events.

I'm unsure you know what the meaning of "intellectual honesty" even is.

Right because denigrating rich folks is such a valid position to take.

I'm not the one demanding intellectual honesty in your thread now am I? I just said that I'm less concerned about these recent threats made by AQ then most threats. AGAIN I'm not agreeing with them. I'm just less concerned about them then usual.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Lol. You never fail to disappoint neo. Instead of actually coming through and backing your nonsense up with actual links that spell out what you are saying, you come back with a vague description of past events.

Well haven't seen any 'evidence' that them evil billionaires are responsible for anything now have I

And calling them body parts is as far from 'intellectual' as it gets.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

WHICH WAY IS IT ?

The way that it is :
1. Corporations have unreachable goals of infinitely being on top and exceeding previous profits.

Despite the fact that your company made 1 Billion dollars this year in profit, it would still be frowned upon if the previous year you made 4 billion dollars. This unrealistic expectation of infinite gain makes CEO and top corporate investors desperate to do what ever they need to do to stay on top and beat last years expectations.

However since they are corporations with private investors its their right to set their goals and expectations regardless if its infeasible.

2. The problem is not that the corporations are not only under such unattainable goals but that they have the money and influence over our politicians to move the grey areas at will. They in essence use their money and power to cheat , manipulate and control both the consumer and the market.

That is why we have Oligopolies in this country. That is why we have laws that allow for corporations to take calculated risk that knowingly harm people , but allow for a greater return than what the liability from lawsuits would be.

That is why BOTH parties give you the same thing :
1. BIgger gov't
2. More taxes.
3. More corporate Oligopoly friendly laws.
4. Less consumer protection and personal rights.

If you control the gov't and the gov't controls the consumer and the market place, why wouldn't you want those things.

In essence, politics is about money and those with the most money control politics and will do what ever they have todo to maintain control. The people with money in DC are not the Politicians , the rockstars in DC are the lobbyist and their clients.

Its not that billionaire-CEO-Board of Directors are evil its that they are human and are susceptible to greed , but unlike the normal person they have the means to manipulate the world to benefit them. They also have the means via management and assistants around them to dissociate themselves from the true consequences of their actions.

However, what’s worse is how the system is setup, it not only encourages them to cheat in order to survive but its also makes it legal.

The real fault is the people that still believe that its a Republican or Democrat fault and continue to chase their tails in concentrating on the symptoms and not on the real issue of monetary influences over our gov't.

edit on 47930America/ChicagoThu, 10 Sep 2015 14:47:26 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well haven't seen any 'evidence' that them evil billionaires are responsible for anything now have I

And calling them body parts is as far from 'intellectual' as it gets.

Again, YOU are the one calling for intellectual honesty. It helps to actually practice what you preach you know?

Besides, I just offered a quick opinion that you appear content to beat into the ground. I never had any intention of backing it up with evidence because it is just an opinion. Like I KEEP telling you that I still don't agree with their rhetoric. I just don't think it is as bad as most of their rhetoric.

Also, body parts? I never used that phrase in this thread...

Somehow I knew it would be a mistake to post in this thread. I kind of knew this would happen. I really wish you had the capability to talk to people honestly without inventing parts of their arguments for them. It gets very tedious constantly recorrecting you with what I'm actually saying as opposed to what you are claiming I'm saying.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

WHICH WAY IS IT ?

The way that it is :
1. Corporations have unreachable goals of infinitely being on top and exceeding previous profits.

Despite the fact that your company made 1 Billion dollars this year in profit, it would still be frowned upon if the previous year you made 4 billion dollars. This unrealistic expectation of infinite gain makes CEO and top corporate investors desperate to do what ever they need to do to stay on top and beat last years expectations.

However since they are corporations with private investors its their right to set their goals and expectations regardless if its infeasible.

2. The problem is not that the corporations are not only under such unattainable goals but that they have the money and influence over our politicians to move the grey areas at will. They in essence use their money and power to cheat , manipulate and control both the consumer and the market.

That is why we have Oligopolies in this country. That is why we have laws that allow for corporations to take calculated risk that knowingly harm people , but allow for a greater return than what the liability from lawsuits would be.

That is why BOTH parties give you the same thing :
1. BIgger gov't
2. More taxes.
3. More corporate Oligopoly friendly laws.
4. Less consumer protection and personal rights.

If you control the gov't and the gov't controls the consumer and the market place, why wouldn't you want those things.

In essence, politics is about money and those with the most money control politics and will do what ever they have todo to maintain control. The people with money in DC are not the Politicians , the rockstars in DC are the lobbyist and their clients.

Its not that billionaire-CEO-Board of Directors are evil its that they are human and are susceptible to greed , but unlike the normal person they have the means to manipulate the world to benefit them. They also have the means via management and assistants around them to dissociate themselves from the true consequences of their actions.

However, what’s worse is how the system is setup, it not only encourages them to cheat in order to survive but its also makes it legal.

The real fault is the people that still believe that its a Republican or Democrat fault and continue to chase their tails in concentrating on the symptoms and not on the real issue of monetary influences over our gov't.

Yes indeed!

However, who does the Corporation report to first and foremost before they decide if they can pay their employees more or if they have to decide to welch on the quality of their product?

The SHARE HOLDERS!

It's kind of like those who want to blame the police for everything they do wrong.

The Corporation first and foremost has to keep their shareholders happy. (ie Stockmarket, ie Wallstreet) Just as police officers are required to arrest people for laws that were created by politicians?

Just as our politicians first and foremost return the favors to those who "donated" money to their elections focus on returning that favor before actually thinking about their oath of office?

We point our fingers at what is right in front of our face to easily instead of using our noggins to think about why any of these things are REALLY happening.......f
edit on 10-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Again, YOU are the one calling for intellectual honesty. It helps to actually practice what you preach you know?

Pretty easy for me to do intellectual honesty for others not so much. Instead of the talking about the op some would rather talk about posters.

By the by still waiting on the 'evidence' Koch,Gates,Buffett has any 'responsibility' for what's going on the in the ME.

Now on the other hand?

Rather easy to produce stuff like THIS:

Iran’s hunger for regional hegemony

Iran's fingerprints are everywhere. Its activities expand throughout the region, mostly around Saudi Arabia, in Iraq, Yemen, the Gulf, Syria and Lebanon, where it is involved in politics, media, oil, weaponry and religion. So is it an expanded confrontation, or are the region’s disturbances, resulting from the Arab Spring and its collapses, the only reason for what is happening?

You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

It appears -- even now -- that Saudi Arabia's ruling elite is divided. Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite "fire" with Sunni "fire"; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da'ish's strict Salafist ideology.

State Dept: 35 Percent Increase in Terrorist Attacks Worldwide

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[72]

en.wikipedia.org...

he civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores.

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls,

www.upi.com...

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

Nothing to see there folks. Why NOTHING at all!

It's all them American billionaires fault that anyone would be hard pressed to show any ties to OIL.

But as everyone knows BOTH Saudi and IRAN derive their incomes from it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

See? Was that so hard? I feel like I just got done pulling teeth to get you to post those links. Cool. Now I'm going to leave the thread since I'm done talking about this issue since I really don't care about this topic as much as you are trying to make me care about.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Hey at least they are calling on their extremists to target the right people for once instead of the populace of a country that has no control over what these asshole billionaires are doing.

Of course straw mans like this are perfectly acceptable.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

IF you say so.

It's not like people EXAGGERATE what them evil billionaires really do.

Which like I said is PERFECTLY acceptable.

Hell there is no greater example of that than with the Kochs.

All I hear are EXAGGERATIONS/DISTORTIONS.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

This is not the Mud Pit folks, so why are you posting like it is? Knock it off or posting ban's WILL follow.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hey at least they are calling on their extremists to target the right people

Sounds like a hearty agreement to me .Walks like a duck , quacks like a duck, must be a duck. And , the targeting of anyone by anyone else is bad. Why do you agree with a terrorist group's actions ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join