It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the US wants control of space

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
Well I live in the center for military space operations.
If you don't think space plays a vital role in fighting ground enemies, you are a fool. We don't just track nuclear armed missiles, we track all missiles launched. Think Iraq.

I am very glad that my country has control of space and not the enemy.

Military space operations are alive and well. They have been steadily increasing for quite some time now.

What enemy?????

Al-Quida?????

Iraq?????

China??????

Really what enemy??????

The Borg????????

Come on man this is not the 1970's the Cold War with Russia is over. That is the only country that can compete with our space program. Am I right or am I wrong????

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For all the US people, having the control of outer space is getting them in a dilemma, a moneykiller as well as a placebo to which they have to pay huge amout of $.
Moreover, a space competition is inevitable in the future, and please remember one thing, only Europe, Russia will be able to do this job as USA, I think a new iron curtain will be set up over the space. Sincerely wish that USA control the outer space to Galaxy, that is the evangel to all the creatures in vast space, THEY DESTROYING THE EARTH AND THE SPIRIT OF HUMAN BEING.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
In the article linked to, it says that US want control os the close parts of space to Earth, which is insane! Why should US have control, why not UN? They obviously want to do something so no one else can stop them.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The U.S. is getting so paranoid. What enemys other then aliens could they possibly have in space. I dont think Osama is hiding on the moon. How can you own space anyway. Couldnt any country just say Ill take that nice little patch of space over there by Saturn. How about instead of spending billions of dollars on weapons they spend that money on peace negotiations.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is part of the STARWARS system, part of the planned systems to harbor offensive weapons payload in Earth orbit, and an answer to the growing Chinese military threat. These proposed projects are totally called for.
Here you go...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The USSR developed a bomber which could go into space,come out of orbit,drop its payload and return home safely in case of war, but it was never finished. It is now sitting at a museum in Russia. I bet the USA could also build something like that.

[edit on 22/12/04 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
The USSR developed a bomber which could go into space,come out of orbit,drop its payload and return home safely in case of war, but it was never finished. It is now sitting at a museum in Russia. I bet the USA could also build something like that.

[edit on 22/12/04 by W4rl0rD]

Probably... The Russian version might have performed better; they seem to build things that go very fast and very high.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I am aware it is part of the Star Wars program. All I'm saying is that no country has any right to claim any part of space that they don't have anything in.

If their was a space station built and launched, the US didn't want anything near it then they have the right to owm the space around it. But they can't claim space at all.

And as soon as US put weapons in space, so will the Russians, then the Chinese, and then the Japanese, and we'll end up with a few good firework shows for free!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You can put stuff in space,meaning you can have a weapons station on the moon,but you cannot claim any part of the moon as yours. So basically you can have a military compound on the moon.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
But I'm saying you can claim the land you build on until your give it up or loose it to someone else...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I am aware it is part of the Star Wars program. All I'm saying is that no country has any right to claim any part of space that they don't have anything in.

If their was a space station built and launched, the US didn't want anything near it then they have the right to owm the space around it. But they can't claim space at all.

And as soon as US put weapons in space, so will the Russians, then the Chinese, and then the Japanese, and we'll end up with a few good firework shows for free!

Right, no one has the right to claim space BUT you all seem to keep forgetting that rules never did and never will apply to someone that has the bigger gun. This is ensuring that we will continue to have the bigger gun whether you like it or not. And actually with the stuff being filtered out from other countries it is the best step we could take from now on.
We aren�t going to deny space to anyone, just monitor it and plant weapons in low-medium Earth orbit to ensure military superiority to anyone that wants to flex their muscles at the U.S.
Europe can go about developing their own space program, Russia can go about launching its rockets, and china can go about their little expeditions...
We are just putting weapons up to ensure a blockade will be in place in the time of need.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Quote from the article, 5th paragraph
The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the intelligence agency that is responsible for US spy satellites, is to develop a strategy that ensures America's allies, as well as its enemies, never gain access to the same space resources without Washington's permission. Recent proposals that have been circulated at Space Command and NRO briefings suggest that access to "near-earth space" may be refused to other nations.

As it states, they think they can refuse space to countries. And if by "space resources" they mean access to the Moon, they have no right over it! Someone pleas eexplain what it means!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

As it states, they think they can refuse space to countries. And if by "space resources" they mean access to the Moon, they have no right over it! Someone pleas eexplain what it means!

You are making it sound more complicated then it is. As I stated a little while ago the one with the bigger gun in the given area has control of the land. Other countries will still be able to conduct space operations but as soon as someone launches a spy satellite, or launch anything else into space, if we are at a heightened tension with another country we can destroy its cargo or whatever they launched with our orbiting weapons.

It also means that other countries may have to let the U.S. in on their plans a little more or risk getting their equipment disabled.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't think it's all about being aggressive, nazi-like, or wanting to stick two fingers up at the rest of the world, or any of that BS.

IMHO even if the US did no further space militarisation work, then someone else would, almost certainly China. It's going to happen, so doing nothing is not an option for the US.

And then within a few years (10 maximum) China would have superiority up there.

Does anyone here really want China to be the dominant force in space ?
If not then let the US get on with what it needs to do up there.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Does anyone here really want China to be the dominant force in space ?
If not then let the US get on with what it needs to do up there.

Well said! It's sort of what I was trying to say. Maybe the ones in charge of the PRs didn�t want to go all out and bold and claim the defensive/offensive weapons where to keep china in check so they gave a wide and open statement like so...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Of course I don't want the Chinese the main force in space, but I don't want the US with total power. It said that they won't allow allies up unless permission is given from the Whitehouse.

All I'm saying is that weapons should be controlled by UN, so they can use them to nuetralize big ebough threats, and not let coutnires have space wars...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"All I'm saying is that weapons should be controlled by UN, so they can use them to nuetralize big ebough threats, and not let coutnires have space wars..."

Great idea. Lets give the corrupt, dirty UN control of space. Brilliant. I guess it wouldn't be to bad, its not like the UN would ever have the fortitude to use their power.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think the US should do it as fast as possible. Take no chances that while other nations are saying "No" and actually sneaking military stuff up there at the same time.

Not only do I think its the right thing to do, I think it should be a fairly high priority.

Think about it people. If any other nation on this planet had the tech and means to take an advantage like this they would. Other nations are squawking because they arent in a position to do it themselves. I know its a crapy thing to say, but its the truth.

Nations and civilizations all throughout history have ALWAYS done everything within thier power to advance and protect themselves. This is just the modern day equivilant. If China could put military craft in space today, they would be doing it. Same with any country. Period.

Imagine a nation a thousand years ago agreeing not to build deep ocean ships because a bordering country told them it was unfair. Sounds silly right? No different than puting military craft in space.

Remember the golden rule people: Whoever has the gold makes the rules. In this case its the money and technology.

Its just the way it is, and its just the way its going to be.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by skippytjc]

[edit on 22-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And how do we know US won't take advantage? They could crush countries, take them over and move on to the next one!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
And how do we know US won't take advantage? They could crush countries, take them over and move on to the next one!

No; such a country wouldn't be the United States anymore, it would be a country that USED to be the United States. Americans aren't conquerers. Hollywood may obsess over the "glory" of American military power in the movies, but we do not have tanks rolling through Times Square or soldiers marching through Washington to display "the might of the U.S. military," the way North Korea, China, the Soviet Union, and Nazi Germany did. The reason for this is because the U.S. is supposed to view its military as a force that keeps us safe, and the world safe. We embody the values of freedom. Now true, the gov't has done some crappy stuff that throws those values out the window, but a good deal of the military itself takes those values to heart, and are good people. They truly believe in what they do. If America ever becomes a conquering nation, which I hope it never turns into that, it will no longer be the United States I know of. But I honestly don't think such a thing could ever really happen anyhow, because in order for that to happen, the people themselves of this country would need to be brainwashed and turned into Soviet Union, Cold War types. Otherwise, the people of this nation wouldn't let such a thing happen. But you cannot get those brainwashed types as easily these days. There's too much technology, too much information. You need educated people to run your country, and develop and maintain your technology. A brainwashed society won't happen, thus a conquering United States should not happen either.

The Soviet Union started running into those problems too, because they brainwashed much of their society by not letting them even know of what life outside the Soviet Union was really like. But as technology advanced, and they needed more and more educated people, people started catching on that a lot of what they were saying was balony.

America doesn't want to conquer the world, it just wants to make damn sure no one else does. Now I do kind of disagree with the U.S. putting a whole system into space for domination like that, however, I think the U.S. should experiment with it, so if in 50 years, say, China starts up with something like that, the U.S. will already be way ahead in terms of the technology and can watch over them, so that if say, whatever country that may be doing this in the future is a possible threat, the U.S. can respond.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join