It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Army Operative: U.S. Govt. Knew of 9/11 Hijacker, Could Have Prevented Terrorist Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Lt. Col. Anthony A. Shaffer joins me in this special edition of Off The Grid. The former Army Intelligence Officer reveals how they identified a 9/11 hijacker, as well as several Al-Qaeda terror cells operating inside the U.S. Shaffer sounds off on how the government mishandled that information prior to the attacks, what’s inside those 28 redacted pages from the 9/11 Commision Report, and why his memoirs were censored by the Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Able Danger is a subject I've followed since news of it first came out.

The cover-up of its findings is conspiracy.

With it one does not need elaborate explosives planted nor decades long scheming to take down twin towers.

All it needs is government willing to let it happen so police state can be imposed via so called patriot act and other feel good legislation.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

It's been admitted many, many, countless times that the 9-11 attacks could have been prevented but since all the government agencies all had sticks up their butts, and lack of funding lead to miscommunication and delayed reactions.
I don't see how this is 'shocking' if you just watch any creditable documentary where actual journalists took time to investigate the 9-11 scenario you see grown men crying over their failures to see the information as a real threat.

That said, I am sure lots of people like this 'knew' about the attacks, but probably didn't take them seriously, or reported it and it was swept under the rug or passed onto the next guy. This was a United States ego failure as a whole. Not a conspiracy.
edit on 10-9-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
of course could have prevented but who prevents their own plans?!

too bad this will go in the stinky looney bin

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Is it just me or is the video muted from about 14:30?

Thanks for the video.
edit on 10/9/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well i guess 9-11 could have been prevented.

Had CLinton killed OBL when he had the chance the 'inspiration' behind 9-11.

And listened to the WAKE UP CALL the First World Trade Center Attack gave us, and listened to the FBI back then.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thing is, anyone can say loony bin stuff, but you can't ignore what the year and a half investigation by the US Senate Intelligence Committee concluded in 2006....."Able Danger did not identify Mohamed Atta or any other 9/11 hijacker at any time prior to September 11, 2001,"
While SOCOM and the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) the groups involved in 'Able Danger' had in fact identified the 'Brooklyn cell' linked to "Blind Sheik" Omar Abdel-Rahman, Mohamed Atta, and three other of the 9/11 hijackers before 9/11.
Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer was not alone with his testimony, there were four others, and The Senate Judiciary Committee had tried to deal with this in 2005 and The Pentagon ordered five key witnesses not to testify, but Shaffer did testify to the 9/11 commission, and was blackballed. You can just as easily say that this was attempted concealment of a criminal act on the part of those in the Pentagon, rather than trying to cover up the much vaunted, 'cock-up' , something I don't believe for a second.

It would be interesting to know who at the Pentagon tried to stop anybody testifying, unless I missed that in the video of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

what’s inside those 28 redacted pages from the 9/11 Commision

sounds like a redacted honey pot that just corroborates & ensconces the incompetency supposition... Ergo, concordantly that the hijackers were the masterminds behind the attacks & that if the government just had more power/money it could of been prevented.... Obscuring the cognitive perception the hijackers were provocaturd useful idiots.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Please explain how govt can prevent the attacks that it had it's hands in planning?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Even if none of that were true, people were fools to think anything other than "Bush must now resign in shame over having this happen on his watch". Instead, they supported him and his popularity grew. Well, maybe Bush should have gotten everyone's best friend killed too and Bush would have been like the Messiah. The more you screw up, the more you get support. Is there a name for this effect? Government is opposite land. If you screw up, you are rewarded. If you do well, you are punished.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

Even if none of that were true, people were fools to think anything other than "Bush must now resign in shame over having this happen on his watch". Instead, they supported him and his popularity grew. Well, maybe Bush should have gotten everyone's best friend killed too and Bush would have been like the Messiah. The more you screw up, the more you get support. Is there a name for this effect? Government is opposite land. If you screw up, you are rewarded. If you do well, you are punished.

In Hollywood they call it failing upwards.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

It shouldn't be- can you reach out to my tech team via twitter @ora_support and let them know.

Thanks for staying vigilant!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
a reply to: kloejen

It shouldn't be- can you reach out to my tech team via twitter @ora_support and let them know.

Thanks for staying vigilant!

^^ first time i have ever seen JV reply to anyone! 2nd.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

I always have issue with people that believe Bush put this together in a few short months into his term and forget the preceding 8 years of Clinton involvement.

Sheesh...........

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This huge wound that is 9/11 will not begin to heal until there are more intelligent conversations like this. There has to be a point of saturation, where we collectively demand that this entire matter be professionally re-investigated.

Thanks for doing that interview, and for everything else you do to help expose this debacle. It is that important.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I knew Shaffer was telling the truth when the MSM treated Able Danger as a non-story once they heard that the program id'ed Atta and a few others.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Double post remove please admins.

edit on 103030p://0826 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The point is how come these planes were allowed to fly around in Washington DC that were no fly zones? Why weren't the shot out of the air? That was a no fly zone.

You already had planes crash into buildings, you knew there were ulterior motives involved. I'd love an explanation.

originally posted by: WCmutant

Please explain how govt can prevent the attacks that it had it's hands in planning?

link   
The point is how come these planes were allowed to fly around in Washington DC that were no fly zones? Why weren't the shot out of the air? That was a no fly zone.

You already had planes crash into buildings, you knew there were ulterior motives involved. I'd love an explanation.

originally posted by: WCmutant

link   
I agree wholeheartedly. It goes back to John F. Kennedy and it goes forward to 9/11. Until we know the absolute truth, we're sitting on a house of cards that are fraudulent.

originally posted by: charlyv
This huge wound that is 9/11 will not begin to heal until there are more intelligent conversations like this. There has to be a point of saturation, where we collectively demand that this entire matter be professionally re-investigated.

Thanks for doing that interview, and for everything else you do to help expose this debacle. It is that important.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join