It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS tries to ‘sell’ Chinese, Norwegian hostages in online magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

An Islamic State (IS, previously ISIS/ISIL) online magazine has posted pictures of two hostages, one Norwegian and one Chinese, advertising the men as “for sale.” The extremist group claims they were “abandoned” by their states after being captured.
The pictures are displayed in the form of an advertisement complete with “for sale” signs and a telegram number for “whoever would like to pay the ransom for his release and transfer.”

Beside the pictures, there is a warning: “This is a limited time offer.”

Home addresses and personal information for the two hostages were also listed in the ad, which claimed that Norway and China had abandoned the two men by not doing “[their] utmost to purchase [their] freedom.”

ISIS tries to ‘sell’ Chinese, Norwegian hostages in online magazine

See the tweeter account here twitter.com...

Not exactly news as we've seen ISIS offer the release of hostages for cash before. What makes this different if the open to anyone offer of these two guys for sale, to the highest bidder of course.

The militants have begun thinking up even more horrific ways to kill people. In August, jihadists killed 10 men by forcing them to kneel on top of explosives buried just underneath the soil, blowing them up simultaneously. The execution, which reportedly took place in Afghanistan, was filmed in great detail.

I wouldn't expect the Russians to help much in this case as the few troops they did send seem to be there mostly to protect their Naval facility at Tartus.

Still the world waits in outrage for TPTB to get off their arses and do something about these guys?
edit on 10-9-2015 by DavDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DavDave

Still the world waits in outrage for TPTB to get off their arises and do something about these guys?

Haven't we been bombing and droning them for a year in multiple countries?

Do something as in what? Invade, open another front?

Fine line between outrage and more spilt blood and treasure.
edit on 10-9-2015 by intrptr because: change

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You'd be surprised at how many of Vets are pissed off that after all the 'S' we had to go threw in Iraq.
They turn around and let ISIS come in and take over.

And lots of us feel like we need to go back and finish this, once and for all

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DavDave

You'd be surprised at how many of Vets are pissed off that after all the 'S' we had to go threw in Iraq.

That's the whole problem, there is no finishing it once and for all. If we go back and clear out ISIS we just create a power vacuum for another group to rise up. The only "finishing" is to occupy the area forever. Outside of that, the best thing we can do is stay out and let it stabilize on it's own naturally.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

That's the whole problem, there is no finishing it once and for all. If we go back and clear out ISIS we just create a power vacuum for another group to rise up. The only "finishing" is to occupy the area forever. Outside of that, the best thing we can do is stay out and let it stabilize on it's own naturally.

There are absolutely ways of finishing it.

One such way would be to go directly to the sources: Saudi Arabia, and Iran.

Another way which i prefer to go is adding Saudi Arabia to the state sponsors of terrorism..

Putting Iran back on it.

Putting Qatar,Kuwait,UAE, and kicking Turkey out of NATO.

Sanctions for the lot of them.

Ban the entire middle easterns oil.

Watch how fast it stops.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The poster above you is right, one of the solutions and there are a few but I think the immediate and long term solution is an occupation that lasts until these parts of the Middle East resemble something like modern day Germany. However the west is not prepared for that, and sadly the situation will become a lot more dire before we are. That's my 2c
edit on 10-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sounds like something Donald Trump would do without blinking an eye.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

One of the few times I agree with you almost completely, I really believe Iran is on the fence though ..I think more there want a nicer life..if you want to call it westernization..you could, as for the rest it will never happen without something extremely big happening.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

One of the few times I agree with you almost completely, I really believe Iran is on the fence though ..I think more there want a nicer life..if you want to call it westernization..you could, as for the rest it will never happen without something extremely big happening.

It's a pipe dream though.

It will never happen.

No one has the snips to do it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

The poster above you is right, one of the solutions and there are a few but I think the immediate and long term solution is an occupation that lasts until these parts of the Middle East resemble something like modern day Germany. However the west is not prepared for that, and sadly the situation will become a lot more dire before we are. That's my 2c

LEts give th eeast germans back their jobs and turn syria into a new east germany complete with a wall and secret police.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

You're right, the west isn't prepared to do that. It's not even a good idea necessarily. Every time we have used force in the Middle East we've made the place worse. They have abundant natural resources and the ability to fight defensively, they're also a bunch of religious zealots thanks to decades of indoctrination. Germany was really only a bunch of radicals for a short time and most of their people were content to accept peace. The outlook of the average person in the Middle East is different.

Iran is on the verge of reforming, it's just a matter of time. Saudi Arabia is going to be bankrupt thanks to OPEC being so weak now, so that takes them out of the picture. It's the other countries and the groups like ISIS that we need to worry about and we're not going to beat them by blowing things up, that only increases their recruitment rate.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What do you think the average Iraqi thinks of all the s*** the US military put their country through?

Not much…

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Stop selling arms to the Kingdom of Saud, the largest client of US arms industry? Strike one.

Revoke Turkeys NATO Charter? Strike two…

"Ban Middle Eastern Oil"? Side retired.

Each of those proposals affects the bottom line of major US corporations, in a biiig way. And we know who runs the government.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Stop selling arms to the Kingdom of Saud, the largest client of US arms industry? Strike one.

IS that right ?

Saudi gets it's arms from lots of places. Like China, and Russia.

articles.latimes.com...

www.rt.com...

So hardly a strike.

Revoke Turkeys NATO Charter?

Hardly a stike since they shouldn't even have it in the first place.

Each of those proposals affects the bottom line of major US corporations, in a biiig way

So ?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So ?

So, you're right, pipe dreams.

It's a pipe dream though.

It will never happen.

No one has the snips to do it.

edit on 10-9-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
What do you think the average Iraqi thinks of all the s*** the US military put their country through?

Not much…

I would ask my childhood friend who was from Iraq and over here while his parents were studying. We kept in touch over the years after his family had to go back to Iraq. He was very pro America. I don't know if he still is though, he got killed in one of the US's strikes... collateral damage.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Not much…

I would ask my childhood friend who was from Iraq and over here while his parents were studying. We kept in touch over the years after his family had to go back to Iraq. He was very pro America. I don't know if he still is though, he got killed in one of the US's strikes… collateral damage.

Sorry about your friend.

collateral damage.

More like collateral murder.

War is a crime.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not much…

I would ask my childhood friend who was from Iraq and over here while his parents were studying. We kept in touch over the years after his family had to go back to Iraq. He was very pro America. I don't know if he still is though, he got killed in one of the US's strikes… collateral damage.

Sorry about your friend.

collateral damage.

More like collateral murder.

War is a crime.

Its only a crime if its done with malice and intention. its more like manslaughter if anything. AN dI had a friend die in the middle east too. A rocket from the PLO/PLA controlled teratory while she was out getting office supplies in the city.because both the PLO/pla and ISrael government are hard headed. SO you see why i really have no patience for propaganda from either of them. Now That was murder because that was intentional.

The average Iraqi didnt care when saddam ruled either really.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DavDave

Someone should rick roll that number endlessly.

top topics

join