It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper on the I-10?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Wasn't there a shooter along one of Texas's main highways also last week or beginning of this week?

This is so scary and so random. In some ways I do hope it is just unrelated kids, in others I hate to think that we are so far gone that we have THIS MANY random kids. Let's hope these cases are not related though, that might be even worse.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A thought just occurred to me. What if the shooter is not prone when shooting and that is why there are so many odd strikes with nobody being hit. They have not released the ballistics report on these shootings which is making me think maybe the shooter is actually on the road WITH the victims, or travelling the opposite direction and shooting from their car with a pistol?

The cops have had helicopters all over the place, likely using FLIR and whatever else to find a shooter, but if the shooter is not on foot or prone when shooting then having to move, the helicopters are of no use.

I bet this guy is in a car shooting at people either as he drives beside them or from the opposite side of the road.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Must admit, I didn't put much thought into that possibility only because, to my way of thinking, if the shooter was being driven beside the targeted vehicles I'd think it would make for more accuracy in aim and more severe injuries. I suppose one must account for the shooter trying to maintain some measure of distance to keep any chances of being identified slim.

The idea of the shooter driving from the opposite side is definitely interesting if in fact this is a shooter moving on the road. That's a good angle to keep in mind.

Do you think this is a solitary shooter or..?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah

Must admit, I didn't put much thought into that possibility only because, to my way of thinking, if the shooter was being driven beside the targeted vehicles I'd think it would make for more accuracy in aim and more severe injuries. I suppose one must account for the shooter trying to maintain some measure of distance to keep any chances of being identified slim.

The idea of the shooter driving from the opposite side is definitely interesting if in fact this is a shooter moving on the road. That's a good angle to keep in mind.

Do you think this is a solitary shooter or..?

Not sure...could be solitary as the rounds have all missed, but could be similar to what we saw with the DC sniper where the shooter is in the trunk of a car, only this time the car is moving and would account for the misses....I am sure it would be hard to shoot from a moving vehicle without being seen...they could drive right by and shoot without the victim even knowing the shooter was in the car next to them if it was two people....the driver acting calm like nothing was going on and the shooter hidden with a hole cut out of the car somewhere to shoot from.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just saw this come up....

source

So they are focusing on a couple in a white SUV and have then detained. Could be exactly the scenario I was thinking....
edit on 9/11/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If doing shootings while driving, two people certainly makes more sense.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
They arrested a guy, of course he claims he don't know nothing as to the reason of his arrest.

Man taken into custody in Phoenix allegedly boasted to friends of rash of freeway shootings
www.foxnews.com...

I had just gotten cigarettes…when I got in the truck they rammed me, threw me on the ground and my mom, they haven’t told us nothing,” the man said. “They haven’t told us nothing. I kept asking, they said, ‘I can’t tell you anything.’ I have a messed-up back, I had three back surgeries.

They laid me on the ground and my face is still swollen, busted lip.”

Sources say police will attempt to develop enough information to obtain a search warrant for his home and car. Any weapons located could help match ballistics evidence gathered from vehicles hit by gunfire.

edit on 11-9-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

From your link..

Sources also say police are attempting to place the man and his white Chevrolet Tahoe at the scene of previous shooting incidents using cell phone data from nearby towers, license plate readers and video taken from the 19 Department of Transportation cameras lining a 10-mile stretch of Interstate 10 through Central and West Phoenix.

Guess we will find out soon enough whether he was near any of the scenes at the times of any shootings. I guess there haven't been any further shootings reported since yesterday?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
it is kinda hard to shoot your gun if it is in a pawn shop.

I think he may not be guilty plus since he was put in jail the shootings continue

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

yes the shootings continue

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Ashirah

yes the shootings continue

Any reports on recent shootings since he has been in? They matched the ballistics to his gun that was in the pawn shop, but his claim was that it was there since before the shootings started. If he is telling the truth then they are going to have a field day with this case.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

yea they just claimed on fox that 2 other events since he has been behind bars and his lawyer has a pawn ticket that shows where his weapon was yet they went and got the weapon out of pawn and claim a match to only a couple of the shootings. I will look for reports for the thread here

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
more shootings reported in here

important to note that the alleged forensics is simply a few small fragments matched to a weapon that has been in pawn for monthes

they are claiming that at one point in the questioning he admitted to the shootings

we all know full well that such statements could be out of context and have been said as sarcasm
edit on 21-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join