It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not call yourselves Christians any more.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey I just go by what you and SOME other christians have said in denying them help *shrugs* you have the magic excuse now "I only let god see my deeds supporting refugees" then say contrary on these boards.
Like I said NOT ALL christians aren't helping, but you certainly have made your position clear, so what are arguing about? That you really do good refugee deeds in secret?
OK thats great Im happy for you. Keep on doing those secret good deeds

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Another Christian bashing thread.......here we go.

Have you forgot that in the Middle East neighboring countries such as Saudia Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palenstine, Turkey and Egypt are not taking in their muslim brothers and sisters like the West is? So where is this muslim brotherly love? So now what? You going to say it is about money and economics? Muslims nations are not supporting the immigration issues like the West and since the West is seen as being dominated by Christian belief by the Middle East I say......Thank God for the Christian.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

"Kill them all let god sort them out".
Does that sound Christian.

edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Jesus did say lots of people call me lord but they do not do as I command..we are getting closer to judgement and God has commanded Satan to work harder to take as many soles as he can.Fear is the devils tool to control us all.Turn off your TV and do not listen to the news .True Christians do not fear for they know what is to come.They know that the world is to fall apart.These are the last days.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Not a Christian ,but

You'd rather label all of those refugees as terrorists

All ? no. The ones that are , yes.

You call it an "invasion", but I call it mass migration.

when a mass migration is done without the consent of the countries involved it is by definition an invasion

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Just some facts about the term Christian and why and how it was used.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Just some facts about the term Christian and why and how it was used.

Okay.....????

Still not sure how that relates to the OP, which is addressing how so many people call themselves "Christians" but don't practice the reported teachings of his (love your neighbors, etc).

Seems maybe you're going for a 'semantics' tack....is that right? (Rather than addressing the fact that so many 'Christians' (CINOs, anyone?) are so opposed to policies that would be exactly WJWD.

WWJD?

He would help.

edit on 9/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Also being a Christian means you can be an evil son of a bitch but as long as you accept Jesus it's okay.
Backward it is.

Also the Westbourgh baptist church are actually the ones who are true christians, they at least follow what is said in the bible, nopt cherry picking to back up peoples own bigotry.

Too many fake Christians especially when the Nazis call themselves Christians when they are not. Jesus died for everyone. If he did not other countries would probably be in flames by now. Jesus wasn't pure white. You can look at the Spaniards. It is suppose to be a religion of peace and harmony. Too many racist white people believe they are the only true Christians(America specifically) when in fact they are not.
Heck, I bet if Buddhism had began in Europe every white person would be calling themselves Buddhists and living in temples instead. White ancestors have a longer history of racial wars especially since the Vikings age.

You blame immigration, but, in fact your own country is destroying/suppressing other countries.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I don't blame immigration at all I welcome it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

First I will say I agree with 99,9% of your excellent rant.

You're not a Christian.

Yes I am

You don't practice anything of what Jesus preached.

I try but I fail over and over again.
I will openly and fiercely confront those who oppose new comers or others who don't fit in to codex of the status quo.

You all belong to the Church of Greed.

Not all. But since I can only speak for my self, I don't believe in or make use of the hideous tax deductions for religious purposes. I despise the "club" mentality, it is NOT a social club and being a very assertive load mouth they know my opinion .
I can't stand the bowing to those who contribute large amounts off money and I will voice my opinion.
What are they going to do? Roll me in tar and feathers? They wouldn't dare, they know I don't care the least about their opinion and that scares them (Ups can't write that) "feces-less"

I am NOT leaving my church because of egocentric, narcissistic people. One day...

This refugee/migrant hatred is getting ridiculous and I'm ashamed of my fellow Human beings that spout those sentiments.

I agree. As I have the past thirty years.
It is poverty mentality. Not true poverty but the lack of gratitude and knowledge of abundance.

Well written Rant.
WIS

edit on 10-9-2015 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yo ?

Why are you using religion to justify your stance on them 'refugees ' ?

Er lemme rephrase that.

Why are you denigrating them evil 'christians' to justify your stance on them 'refugees' ?

Basically that op can be summed up 'christians are bad because they don't support open borders'.

Funny part there is all the refugees became a problem wait for it ?

A religious group hell bent on imposing their religious beliefs on other people. People calling them 'muslims'.

And the 'christians' are the 'bad guy' in this little story ?

Uhn uhn.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You do know many Christians are also in need don't you? it shouldn't be about what religion they are, they need help.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You do know many Christians are also in need don't you? it shouldn't be about what religion they are, they need help.

According to the op.

It is perfectly acceptable to call out Christians.

So why not call out that religion causing all them refugees.

MY what an EPIC double standard being weaved here.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2015 by neo96 because: Holy double posts Batman!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I agree call out all religion because it is a cancer on society.
But people need help now because of the problems that stem from religion.
Oh and yes or no.
Do you agree on mandatory ID cards which the police can ask for at anytime?.
yes or no or too cowardly to answer?.

edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
After reading the FULL thread it's just too rich.

I especially love the biblical quotes from the people in every other thread screaming separation of church and state!

I especially love how the 'christians' get called 'right wing'.

When it's them RIGHT WING NEOCONS in their middle east clinging to the guns,qu'ran's, and religion running all them people outta there.

edit on 10-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some.
you should know all about hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh there is EPIC hypocrisy in this thread.

Not by the 'christians' though.

Anyhoo I don't particularly listen to people that tell me what my faith should be, or my actions should be to be a 'good' christian.

That's between me and my maker, and no one else.

And I will thank ya kindly, and others to stop side seat driving.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: no point conversing with hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

And not just people who call somewhere else "home." Right here, today, at this moment, American children are going hungry. American families, men, women, and kids are without a place to call home. There are millions of empty homes and buildings in this country. MILLIONS. Many millions. Nearly 19 MILLION.

But those 3.5 million homeless, hungry people right here, you know - they don't matter, either, I guess.

Do a search for 'number of vacant homes in america'.......
I'm not making this up.

edit on 9/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join