It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not call yourselves Christians any more.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
OP you seem to be one of the most judgemental and bigoted person's on ATS from what I have seen from your posts. You preach tolerance and acceptance and then turn around and post a vitriol filled OP that paints an entire group of mostly wonderful people as evil with your close-minded, angry brush of hate.

We don't need more veiled bigotry on ATS from you or anyone else. All this thread does is provide a place for you and your like-minded bigots to bash a kind and generous group of people. There is no good reason for this OP and it adds no value to ATS. Shame on you.

link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

originally posted by: muse7
Please don't

You're not a Christian. You don't practice anything of what Jesus preached.

You all belong to the Church of Greed. You'd rather knock down the ladder of opportunity that your ancestors climbed, than to let another immigrant climb it to have the same opportunities your ancestors had.

You'd rather label all of those refugees as terrorists than to welcome them with open arms, or with a glass of water, or with a bite of food. You don't care about anyone as long as you have yours. Right?

Why are you all so entitled? What makes any of you more special than those refugees fleeing war? What makes you deserve to live a comfortable life without the worries of war, or genocide but not them?

If we are to believe that every man is created equal then every man, woman and child have the right to seek out a better life.

There seems to be a new narrative being pushed, and that narrative is to hate on other people that are fleeing war.

That's not right.

You call it an "invasion", but I call it mass migration. The same type of mass migration that has occurred through out Human history. Just people migrating to other lands to seek out better opportunities. It's human nature. If you were in the same circumstances you would have done the same and so would I.

It's so easy to sit there and to say that they should just "stay and fight for their land". How many of you have had to make that decision? Most of you reading this were lucky enough to have been born in a nice country and none of you have had to fight in a civil war, and let me just say that voluntarily serving in the military does NOT equal staying behind and fighting in a civil war and running the risk of your family getting blown to pieces in the midst of a civl war.

This refugee/migrant hatred is getting ridiculous and I'm ashamed of my fellow Human beings that spout those sentiments.

But I still have a little hope.

If those refugees are willing to assimilate into these countries..... fine !

If they hold to Sharia above all other laws.....they are invaders.

Yep. Footage like this is appearing a lot recently ...

link   
Great thread op, now the thread will be flooded with the excuse of people who believe themselves superior moraly, because god said so.

The 3 abrahamic religion have so much in common, but they all push themselves as the righteous ones.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Whether I agree or not - I love threads like this. Especially when people bash you for being judgmental etc

Keep being strong and stay confident in your assertions.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Shame on the so called Christians who refuse to help others in need.
Shame on them all.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

All hail the Kangareux.

I was born a catholic, persuaded to be a Christian, and ended up being somewhat agnostic. Before I chose my own path I was lead to believe that there were only two paths to enlightenment, their way or the highway. Religion deals in absolutes.

edit on 10-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
I will never understand all the directed hate towards Christianity.

More hate has been leveled at people in the name of God than for any other reason. Blaming God is better than justifying ones actions.

Kind of like criminals who said the devil made me do it. Christians go one better, "God did it".

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

so as the so called christians are passing out food to the refugees, you're condemning them.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

They are the good ones of course and there are good ones but especially on ATS and in real life I don't see many good ones at all.

link   
All men are hypocrites....ALL. In terms of the fire and brimestone crap if you dont believe then why does it bother you? Is that the rub? Is the truth of the matter you want to believe but just cant because of hypocrites? Do you think Christians are the masters running everything?....you do realize that 99% of the richest of rich dont identify as Christian right?....

link   
p.s. for any who aren't aware of this factoid, i thought it pertinent to list it here:

white people=christians to people from africa and muslim nations.
so when you hear someone from those areas of the world condemning christians, they are essentially condemning all "white people"

heads up folks.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Metallicus

Shame on the so called Christians who refuse to help others in need.
Shame on them all.

The groups that love to label them selves as Christians are usually far right groups, and those are the groups that are often seen out in protests demanding that these refugees turn back and go back home.

It's funny how I'm being bashed for using a "broad brush" to paint a whole group of people with, but yet I haven't seen any of the persons bashing me say that to the people that are labeling the refugees as terrorists and invaders.

Show some damn empathy towards these refugees ffs

not everything is a conspiracy.

not every Muslim is a secret ISIS agent coming to get you.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
1. If we want to get technical, Christ said to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

In this case, Caesar would the nations being inundated with refugees. These nations have laws, and laws are there to be followed, by everyone, even desperate refugees. If no one were to follow laws or to only follow those laws that suit themselves, there would be anarchy and chaos and nowhere would be safe for anyone. Those fleeing such conditions would wind up in such conditions.

To put this in the terms of a street perspective, imagine if you had a house that was nicer than someone else, and they arbitrarily decided to move in with you because you had a better place to be. OK. Maybe you can absorb one or even two, but imagine the entire neighborhood moving in with you. How nice do you think your place would stay?

Or to use another analogy, how many people see the stories of the animal hoarders who started out with the best intentions to help homeless animals. At some point, the tipping point was reached, and instead of a safe haven, those animals wound up in worse conditions than what they escaped on the streets.

So as much as I like to help people, the reality is that there has to be order. There has to progression and there has to be rules imposed. That will mean there can't just be a flood of people to wherever. Some might have to turned away.

For example, why aren't they prioritizing women and children? Why so many young, apparently healthy, military age males? Couldn't they go back and fight for their homes?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It's xenophobia pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And now i see we have devolved from Christianity to all religions.....you do realize that even if all religions were to disappear today that people would still hold deep seeded beliefs that have nothing to do with religion? Do away with all religion and man will just find something else to worship....it is in our nature

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

plenty of empathy being shown. problem is, it's not the fault of the peons of the ultra rich who caused the problem in the first place it's never been their fault. it's not the fault of the refugees either.

notice how the emphasis is to create additional tension by using it as a political football? that's cause the ultra rich want that to happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Muse...why risk your nation. It only takes one ISIS member to set off a bomb

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
1. If we want to get technical, Christ said to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

In this case, Caesar would the nations being inundated with refugees. These nations have laws, and laws are there to be followed, by everyone, even desperate refugees. If no one were to follow laws or to only follow those laws that suit themselves, there would be anarchy and chaos and nowhere would be safe for anyone. Those fleeing such conditions would wind up in such conditions.

To put this in the terms of a street perspective, imagine if you had a house that was nicer than someone else, and they arbitrarily decided to move in with you because you had a better place to be. OK. Maybe you can absorb one or even two, but imagine the entire neighborhood moving in with you. How nice do you think your place would stay?

Or to use another analogy, how many people see the stories of the animal hoarders who started out with the best intentions to help homeless animals. At some point, the tipping point was reached, and instead of a safe haven, those animals wound up in worse conditions than what they escaped on the streets.

So as much as I like to help people, the reality is that there has to be order. There has to progression and there has to be rules imposed. That will mean there can't just be a flood of people to wherever. Some might have to turned away.

For example, why aren't they prioritizing women and children? Why so many young, apparently healthy, military age males? Couldn't they go back and fight for their homes?

I've seen plenty of children and women and old people.

This is what I do not get.

I hear it all the time, we don't have the money, we don't have the space, we don't have the resources

blah blah blah

It'll cost BILLIONS!

But yet we ALWAYS seem to be able to come up with trillions if we want to bomb some people.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

because the ultra rich and the average person are not the same entity. the ultra rich deflect your attention to the average person so you won't realize you are being emotionally and mentally manipulated to see some other group as your enemy.
edit on 10-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Read your posts here, undo.

Here's the thing about merging cultures - if both parties don't even TRY to understand one another, to become sensitive to the things the other culture feel are important (like, food, shelter, water, etc) then it doesn't work.

OTOH, if people sit down and talk, and LISTEN to one another, it can work.
The Native Americans were "forced to assimilate" and nearly exterminated entirely due to "culture clash." It's barbaric and wholly unnecessary.

This is why I say education is the answer.

When I was reading this thread, I was applying it in my mind to American Christians who consider anyone south of our border to be "aliens". I have absolute contempt for anyone who is rabidly anti-immigrant to the point that they refuse to see the pain, the suffering, the REASONS for why anyone would flee their own home, but rather want to either shoot them at the border, or capture and "send them back" to the place they risked their lives to escape.

As muse7 so deftly pointed out, this nation was STOLEN from those who already lived here. Well - news flash - the people of Central and South America WERE HERE FIRST. We stole it from them. And now, no sharing? No saying, "Hey, I got us all set up here, c'mon up, we can make it!"

THAT is how this nation got settled to begin with. (Well, that and refugees who were forced to flee their homelands due to tyranny, starvation, etc). My own ancestors were Europeans who were forced to flee their homelands to survive.

There is far more "christianity" in sitting down with someone who drags their weary butt to your doorstep and asks for help than to just say "you don't speak my language, or dress like me, or arrange your house like me, so GTFO!!"

Disgraceful. And even worse - those coming from south of our border are nearly all CATHOLICS. CHRISTIANS. Catholics are Christians.

But, if no-one in this country is wise enough to open their arms for those in need, to listen to their side of the story, well - then this country is indeed made up of a bunch of hypocritical, selfish, self-absorbed, IGNORANT people.

I blame the lack of education worldwide. It is a travesty par excellence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join