It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not call yourselves Christians any more.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
You may do as you please except one thing. Don't hold me to the Bible's standards unless you believe it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

uh, you hold YOURSELF to those standards, you've said so and claimed it and waved it around.
I had nothing to do with it.

YOU believe in that volume. YOU are the one who is supposed to live up to the standards.

I could just as easily (and pertinently) tell you to NOT attend a Renaissance Festival unless you intend to be in an approved period costume of suitable styling (authenticly appropriate from the hat down to the socks and shoes, even) say "huzzah"...... and believe the King is God's annointed representative.

I don't wanna be in your dippy club. Rennies don't want posers in theirs, either.

edit on 9/28/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You forget the standard I hold says I can judge others and you. But you and the Winword want me not to judge you while it is ok for you judge me, then you quote a Bible claiming I am not following a teaching of Jesus, before the crucifixion and for Israel, not the body of Christ today.

PS I love the Renaissance Festival I love the period costumes and reenactments, I also Love Williamsburg Va and there Costumes and reenactments just Like I like the Confederate and Union War reenactments with all their period time costumes.

edit on 28-9-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No it's not. I don't claim to live by the Bible, then make excuses for not doing so.

So, is It that you don't think you can meet the expectations of the bible, the reason you choose to deny its divine authority?

Is it fear of guilt, the fear of hypocricy that keeps you in a fruitless search for this customizable truth where you can make the mirror on the wall say what you want it to say, Or perhapse just refuse to look into a mirror at all.

Remove the Bible, Jesus and God for the moment. Would you say that the way you live your life is above reproach, are you without excuse?

If yes, how can we tell?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

So, is It that you don't think you can meet the expectations of the bible, the reason you choose to deny its divine authority?

LOL. What expectations?

I don't believe Bible stories are anything more than allegory. I don't believe that Jesus was any more real than Hercules and that "Christ" is a concept that embodies the human spirit, nothing more, nothing less.

There is no such thing as "original sin" and there is no such thing as a divine scapegoat to take my regrets away.

Although some of the supposed teachings of Jesus seem lofty, nothing that Jesus taught was new or original. All of it can be found to have been said by someone else, sometime earlier.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You forget the standard I hold says I can judge others and you. But you and the Winword want me not to judge you while it is ok for you judge me, then you quote a Bible claiming I am not following a teaching of Jesus, before the crucifixion and for Israel, not the body of Christ today.

Well. If that's your "standard", that you "can judge others", then carry on. (Pretty sure it was NOT Jesus's standard. But that's neither here nor there.) You have anointed yourself as a judge and jury, so don't come crying to me or Windword when your judgementalism (ha! There, I spelled it in your own language) bites you.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, Chester....

If you get to judge, so do I!! And my judgment is that modern Evangelical Bible-Thumping Christians are wrong, immoral hypocrites. Carry on, though, like I said -

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So whats the new name they are calling themselves now since it was decreed they stop using the term christian?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
You may do as you please except one thing. Don't hold me to the Bible's standards unless you believe it.

If you aren't going to hold yourself to the Bibles standards don't call yourself a Christian.

Judge not lest ye be judged...Matt 7 1-3

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you aren't going to hold yourself to the Bibles standards don't call yourself a Christian.

Judge not lest ye be judged...Matt 7 1-3

Right?!!!! I know! Unbelievable the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance going on amongst some people....

but, you know what also??? I have judged that they are not capable of comprehending that. I think we're just wasting our keystrokes with some of them. Right?

Meh. shrug. sigh.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

"Deluded hypocrites with cognitive disabilities", maybe?

Hell, I don't know.

C razy
H ypocrites
R equiring
I nfantile
S tories
T outing
I gnorant
A sinine
N onsense?

Maybe?

I don't know.

edit on 9/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: fixed it. Not C for Christian - C for Crazy

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A jury decries execution of judgment yet I have not done such. I do judge right from wrong, I judge correct to incorrect, I judge myself, I judge things spiritual and things secular. I base it all on the Bible but I wouldn't tell you not to call yourselves something that I my self did not follow.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Lysergic

"Deluded hypocrites with cognitive disabilities", maybe?

Hell, I don't know.

C razy
H ypocrites
R equiring
I nfantile
S tories
T outing
I gnorant
A sinine
N onsense?

Maybe?

I don't know.

So nice to see you able to make acronyms.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Oh, are you impressed? Yes, I have an advanced EDUCATION!!!!!

Unlike your own progeny are likely to get - probably won't pass muster ("cut the mustard" - might be the way you understand it).

edit on 9/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A jury decries execution of judgment yet I have not done such.

DeCRIES, or deCREES?

No, the jury does NOT "decree". The JUDGE decides.......

You have absolutely decreed that anyone who you judge is condemned.

edit on 9/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: OMG!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
it is great to see that some here are dispensationlist even though they claim not to be Christians. they divide Paul's teaching (given him from Christ Jesus) from the New Testament Kingdom Gospel writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. and there are others here that agree with the anti-Paul teachings by some here.

It is also nice to see others who are not dispensationalist and want to apply the Old Testament laws for all Israel to the church today to say how barbaric Christians are to follow such laws (which they don't and never will).

the problem with both groups are they don't follow the correct pattern to study as commanded in the Bible as found in 2 Timothy 2:15, These groups wrongly divide the scriptures to support a premise of their very own private interpretation of God's word. (Known as prophecy, because holy men were moved to speak and write his words which to them were the prophecy).

Rightly dividing God's word of truth means you will observe the text answering the who, what, when, why, where, which and how questions. In so doing they would learn that God dealt with men before Israel differently than he did once Israel came into the picture. They would Know once Israel came into the picture he dealt wholly with Israel giving them a set of rules to govern their society and when they did not he dealt with a heavy hand in calling and punishing them for their failure i.e. removing them from the land he promised. took them out and them brought them back and sent them the Messiah to fulfill the scripture promises to Israel.

They would know that When Israel rejected their Christ and crucified him they were given another chance at Christ resurrection until Paul's calling to repent and accept Christ as their King.

Also those mentioned above who improperly study the word of God's truth would know that Israel for a time is set aside, while a age of Grace building the body of Christ consisting of all men Jew and Gentile believers and when that age is done God would return to his dealings with Israel and fulfill all things as he spoke them beforehand via the holy men of God and his prophets and deliver the earth unto the kingdom of Christ and his God for a thousand years.

and further more they would know that during this time all are saved by faith alone on Christ death burial and resurrection, they despite the weakness of their flesh God has made the Holy and without blame in Christ.

It is a shame that those who do not believe the Bible, actually try and use a Bible to justify themselves and condemn others and all they while show themselves to be true hypocrites and blasphemers of God.

I wish you all no ill but if you suffer because of you actions you have no one to blame but yourselves. enjoy your life here for only here will you have joy.

edit on 1-10-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

and further more they would know that during this time all are saved by faith alone on Christ death burial and resurrection, they despite the weakness of their flesh God has made the Holy and without blame in Christ.

Unfortunately Christ didn't ever teach that...

Faith alone is nothing but words without action...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sure he did via inspiration of scriptures

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

here in

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

ye of little faith and little study

maybe your faith alone is without works but not mine there is so much of the work of Christ in me that all glory goes to him.

Not only that James if rightly divided if for Israel in the near future during the Great Tribulation. Once again your failure is in the way you study.

edit on 1-10-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

ye of little faith and little study

Oh please... Ye know not to whom ye speak... silly Christian

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

IF Paul even wrote this book, which is unlikely... he wasn't talking about anything within the NT... He was speaking strictly of the OT... most of the NT didn't even exist as far as we know when Paul was alive...

maybe your faith alone is without works but not mine there is so much of the work of Christ in me that all glory goes to him.

And of course this shows in how you judge others before you even know them... clearly

edit on 1-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

oh ye of very little faith

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh Ye of Paulian faith...

In that day HE will say "I never knew you"... for what you have done to the least of them, you have done to me(HIM)...

Faith alone is dead

edit on 1-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join