It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Japanese city of Joso flooded after Kinugawa river burst its banks

page: 1

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:46 AM

The huge rains also exacerbated a contaminated water problem at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant as it overwhelmed the site’s drainage pumps, sending radiation-tainted water into the ocean.
Link to article

Quoting Michio Kaku from the video below:

And when they evacuate (from Fukushima Daiichi), the thing's gonna be in free fall. Meltdown is inevitable once they have full evacuation...And again, the workers have to evacuate once it gets too radioactive. And once they abandon ship, the ship goes down. That means full scale breach of containment. That is the 'Chinese Syndrome.'

Time marches us towards evacuation of Fukushima Daiichi. It could be caused by many things as the following article explores:

Fukushima apocalypse: Years of ‘duct tape fixes’ could result in ‘millions of deaths’

The whole world is caught in a roulette game and the stakes couldn't be bigger.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:26 AM
a reply to: Profusion

Oh my this is bad news..sheeze. I feel really sorry for the Japannese people.

My prayers to them. The world as we now it is really at it's brink now.. not Good news...

Stay strong my friends.

Peace to all.
edit on 10-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:10 AM
Well team, its been a good game. Kinda.

Humanity has a bad habit of:

A. Cutting off the branch we're standing on
B. Watching rooms burn down around us
C. Passing the buck till the taxman comes.

Through arrogance or ignorance, both equally bad in this case, we've driven the last few nails methinks. Hold onto your hat folks.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM

Note the Michio Kaku video is an old video from March 2011. And the Second article is from Aug of 2013.

Just searching for more and watching bbc news nothing mentioned so far about contaminated water being washed to the sea. However, hugh flooding going on there right now.

No other sources to confirm any contimanted water being washed into the ocean.

Edit: Ok Guardian News also reporting about conterminated water.

TheGuardian News

The heavy rain, which is expected to spread north over the next 24 hours, has also caused additional leaks of radioactive water at the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The plant’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco), said rain had overwhelmed the site’s drainage pumps, sending hundreds of tonnes of contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM

That video with Kaku must be three years old....

But you know, it points up just how little data is being presented to the public today about this unending catastrophe.

There is all sorts of data that covers a broad swath of topics from malformed plants around the site to alarming increases in thyroid cancers of children in Japan to what is happening on the west coast of the US that may be connected to radiation releases both in the air and into the Pacific ocean.

I liken it to the UFO situation. There is this problem that isn't going away, but get only more intense, and mum is the word by government, science and media.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:47 AM
Reminds me of that documentation of Atomic waste that has been thrown into the Atlantic and the British channel until the 90s. The barrels were still there, some rusty others quiet intact. The radioactivity levels on some shores were higher despite offical statements denying any problems at all. I feel sorry for the Japanese...I hope things get better one day.

new topics

top topics