It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbershop Won't Cut Women's Hair Because 'Guys Come to Be Around Other Guys'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

She went with her boyfriend and made an appointment on the website and wanted a fade. Ya really trying to cause a stink.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If policies are applied to everyone, like those being unruly, it is not discrimantory.

Yes agree to disagree.

edit on thThu, 10 Sep 2015 03:26:14 -0500America/Chicago920151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
You never know, she could have been hoping to get tossed out and then set up a cryforme funding campaign to help with her being "wronged", seems to be the way nowadays.

btw: What's a fade?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

A fade is a style of hair cut, one a barber shop will generally be rather skilled in. Think military cut, where the length gradually goes up from bottom to top.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

In my estimation, real men get faded but that's just me. My 2c

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I would have just cut it very very badly.
Serves the woman right expecting a cut from a barber.
Oh and charged her 80 quid instead of 6 quid.
Madness how much you ladies pay for a cut.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Exactly, if I'm forced to provide service to someone I don't want to for any reason, well the service will be poor to say the least.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I would have just cut it very very badly. Serves the woman right expecting a cut from a barber.

Lesbian haircuts?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Give her a haircut the same as you would any other guy.
This isn't the "Little Rascals" He Man Woman Haters club.
If she doesn't like what you do, she can go somewhere else.
I've had two girlfriends that went with straight, no guard shear cuts.
I found it pretty damn sexy to be honest.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

A fade is a style of hair cut, one a barber shop will generally be rather skilled in. Think military cut, where the length gradually goes up from bottom to top.

Ah, I'm a simple #4 and #5 and (or #3 and #4 in the summer). My barber "blends them" when he does it, which is why my wife does not do it with home clippers as she has tried and failed.

I grew up in Boston and my italian great uncle used to be a barber with a shop right about where the Prudential Building is now. He retired after 60yrs of cutting men's hair and, if family history is correct, he never offered his services to the ladies as he just was not set up to handle all of their wants.

In any case, if the lady lived in Seattle, she could go to this little chain called Rudy's they will cut hers just fine, as well as any of the cuts the guys get. .

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The military style? Yeah everyone will be bald.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
As much as I am for equality for all... it's nice to have some places which tailor to which gender you identify with, if any.

I take my boy to the barber around the corner from our house, he's been doing men's hair for nearly 60 years. It's great because he's a local, we're neighbours, and we have a good yarn and with the other clients. My son loves it there because he feels, well, manly.

There should be no shame in being a man and being around other men. It's a great place for men to actually TALK, just like men's sheds (community woodwork/metalwork places).

We women have plenty of other places to go to get our hair cuts. Yes, costs us much much more usually, but either get a mate to give you a trim or deal with it.

Or, do what I did, and do a Britney

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Some people really have nothing better to do. Grandstanding and looking for attention. At some point, people need to realize there is a proper way to address issues like this. Instead of making this huge stink, she could have just accepted it, but one has to wonder why?

What was her motivation? Of course there are probably 10 other places with a better chance to get her hair cut right, so why a barbershop? Maybe she wanted a cut that screamed she was a man?

Just curious if the same holds true for a man wanting to get a cut at a beauty salon?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Who cares. Curves is a gym only for women. If I walked in there and they told me that it was just for women, I'd probably respond with something like, "Oh, okay...now I get the name of the gym."

Oh, then I'd go find a different gym, because there are many of them around.

Politically correct namby pampies of America just piss me the hell off.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

In my town, there's one, maybe two barbershops. I'm told one of them is excellent at trimming/grooming beards. In this same town, we have over 20 beauty salons designed for women, and at least 10 haircut places that are aimed at everyone.

I haven't been everywhere, but I've lived around and it seems everywhere you go, the ratio is very similar. There's absolutely NO reason this woman has to get a haircut at a barbershop, unless all she's doing is trying to stir up controversy, and make a quick cash grab lawsuit.

Pathetic.....

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TechniXcality

I won't, not taking away anything really. Just playing devils advocate.

This place excludes by gender but has female employees...

If I wanted to get a tuxedo for a wedding I am not going to a bridal shop...same kind of thing.

I would guess the female barber trained for a while specifically to cut mens hair. I also don't see any signs that a man's significant other can't come in and sit and wait on the one getting the cut. I don't think this place is discriminatory, I think they are catering to a specific clientele. If they don't know how to cut a woman's hair then I don't see anything wrong with them refusing to cut a woman's hair.

She seems to have gotten her panties in a wad and decided to make a stink over it. Sure she made an appointment online, but I doubt they have a "what gender are you" question on there and most, if not all, barber shops would correctly assume that anyone wanting to get their hair cut, at their shop, is male.

I go to a great barber shop in Atlanta. Never once seen a woman getting her hair cut there though, and I don't think any woman WOULD get their hair cut there. Barber implies men as salon implies women....fairly simple concept that this lady seems to have missed.

I wonder where she had her hair cut every other time before this? If at a salon, then I would imagine they could also do the style she wanted so why didn't she go back?

Either way...tired of the PC crap myself. Everyone wants to stir the pot these days.
edit on 9/10/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You can sign up as a man though, they can't refuse you.
She made an appointment, was there with her boyfriend and wanted a fade... and not until she got there did she get refused..by a female barber.

How is that being pc?

edit on thThu, 10 Sep 2015 11:22:06 -0500America/Chicago920150680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Another step towards an androgynous society.

Brave new world.

I don't belong in it, please put me out to pasture.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The person that wrote this article needs to work on their languages a little bit. Barbiere is not French it's Italian.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Barbers are trained to cut men's hair, not women's. This seems ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join