It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow has Greek approval for Syria flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
www.ekathimerini.com...

Greece granted Russia the right to use its airspace for humanitarian flights to Syria on Aug. 31, TASS news agency quoted a Russian embassy official in Athens as saying on Wednesday.

The Russian agency added that the request covered the period from Sept. 1 to Sept. 24.

Separately, Russia's Interfax news agency quoted a Russian embassy official in Tehran as saying Iran had approved all of Moscow's requests on flights delivering humanitarian aid to Syria. [Reuters]

Just thought I'd post this up, given how "outraged" some people were that Greece apparently agreed to a US request to deny use of it's airspace by Russia.
It's interesting that the approval covers pretty much the entire month of September.

It is virtually a meaningless approval though, because Bulgaria already said no to Russia, and Turkey wont say yes.
The only other option through that region is via Romania, Serbia and FYROM and on through Greece.

Better off just flying over the Caspian and over Iran and Iraq which have given approval apparently.
Iraq would be stupid not to give approval given that it would be one more country battling ISIS.

They could also send more ships loaded with supplies as they have been doing already.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I agree fully with the entire world backing off and letting Russia move in to the area. Here comes their second Afghanistan....this time worse.

Hades, let them waste all the resources they have left in a god-forsaken place as the Middle East. The one thing I agree with President Obama was withdrawing the troops from the area quick. Our government realized that it was a waste of time and money and lives to pursue bringing life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness to the region.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I agree fully with the entire world backing off and letting Russia move in to the area. Here comes their second Afghanistan....this time worse.

Hades, let them waste all the resources they have left in a god-forsaken place as the Middle East. The one thing I agree with President Obama was withdrawing the troops from the area quick. Our government realized that it was a waste of time and money and lives to pursue bringing life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness to the region.

LOL. Yet your government is still there meddling.
Your government still has thousands of soldiers, as well as navy and airforce assets deployed to bases across the Middle East.

Do you even know what your government is doing in your name?

LOL bringing life liberty and happiness to the region.
What a crock of utter #.

ATS, Deny Ignorance it says on the side panels....yet so much ignorance festers and grows on this site.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: Gothmog

LOL. Yet your government is still there meddling.
Your government still has thousands of soldiers, as well as navy and airforce assets deployed to bases across the Middle East.

Do you even know what your government is doing in your name?

LOL bringing life liberty and happiness to the region.
What a crock of utter #.

ATS, Deny Ignorance it says on the side panels....yet so much ignorance festers and grows on this site.

Thus my post.....you got the meaning.
Examples of leaders repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results. And what is that a clinical description of ?

edit on 10-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So this is Afghanistan again for the Russians,

Then i guess that means a contigent of US troops will soon be moving in for Iraq 2.0?

You knoq, definition of insanity and all.

Insane like thinking the US has brought any of those things you listed, anywhere Recently.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
Did I not say that the US wasted resources and lives trying? Did I say they did ? . No. ANd yes , somewhere down the road we may have an Iraq 2.0 . That is a possibility if the madness cointinues

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
the us government may be upset because of this move from greece.
but i don't care.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Plan B: Iran Opens Airspace to Russian Aid Flights to Syria

Iran has satisfied all of Russia's requests and opened the country's airspace for the delivery of humanitarian supplies to Syria, the Russian Embassy in the Islamic Republic told RIA Novosti.
"Several requests have been sent (to allow Russian aid flights to Syria via Iran's airspace) and the Iranian side approved all of them," the embassy's press attaché Maksim Suslov said.
He emphasized that it "concerns only the delivery of humanitarian aid."

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
but i don't care.

Are they?
Well, in that case, maybe they should stop being hypocrites with double standards.
Because the Greek people have A LOT to be upset about with the US Government. Decades worth.
But that's a whole bunch of threads on their own right there.

Who cares

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
but i don't care.

Are they?
Well, in that case, maybe they should stop being hypocrites with double standards.
Because the Greek people have A LOT to be upset about with the US Government. Decades worth.
But that's a whole bunch of threads on their own right there.

Who cares

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I found it interesting how Greece has choose to use its airspace. One thing about war is that it transcends all languages, so hearing how different nations are responding through their actions helps find some perspective to just what is going on.

At the moment it sounds like the US and NATO want to kill one bunch of people in the middle east while Russia and Assad wants to kill another bunch. With the current results of removing heads of state not working out well for the locals, the best approach I see is to support Assad in what ever he needs to return law and order, then work on a transition of powers plan.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So the enemies of ISIS are Iran, Iraq, Russia, Syria and the PKK

the US tried to stop Russia from flying in to fight ISIS
the US is backing and approving Turkey - who is attacking the PKK who is fighting ISIS
the US is against Syria and Asssad who is fighting ISIS
and the US accidentally allowed its cache of American made military vehicles, weapons and uniforms in Mosul to be taken and used by ISIS

Sure seems that the US is doing everything it can to ensure ISIS thrives and marches its way to Tehran!

new topics

top topics

join