It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Professor disappears. May have sold NASA and Defense secrets to China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Why would I need proof of that? America is turning into crap these days with gang violence and corruption. I wouldn't be surprised the Europeans moving back to Europe to live. Today, China isn't like the old Cold War crap anymore. It is so modernized that it is livable. You know what is worst than China? Middle Eastern nations or possibly Russia stealing the tech. America will be fine just so as long as they don't break ties with China. Even Americans are leaving America to Canada.

So basically your entire evidence toward why this man was most certainly not a spy and just a Chinese guy who's gone back to China is your disdain for the way America has turned out?

Let's ignore the fact that "Spy" isn't on your vocation list when you leave school & if he was one didn't just turn around and say "sod this for a game of soldiers, America has gone to the dogs I'm going home."

👀👍🏼
edit on 10-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So what else is new?
a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
anyone with sensitive enough information should be kept in the country

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Why would I need proof of that? America is turning into crap these days with gang violence and corruption. I wouldn't be surprised the Europeans moving back to Europe to live. Today, China isn't like the old Cold War crap anymore. It is so modernized that it is livable. You know what is worst than China? Middle Eastern nations or possibly Russia stealing the tech. America will be fine just so as long as they don't break ties with China. Even Americans are leaving America to Canada.

Your trying to tell me living in a communist nation is better than living in America?

I'd also like to understand how you believe Europe to be safer than America these days?
All those illegal immigrants currently resorting to violence.
The only reason a Polak would go back to Poland right now is to visit family. And because I am Polish, I hear alot of what our Polish friends are thinking and planning specially with what's going on in Europe. Many Pols are leaving to come to the States and live with or near their loved ones that are already here.

The other countries you stated I don't know about but itd be nice to see a link to something. Or hear about your personal experience.

But China on the other hand, is communist. You do what your told. Even if that's pretending to be free in a free nation while at the same time eveyrhing your doing is for a different cause.
In a crude way I think that's also the behavior of a spy. Faking and pretending to complete your real task.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Deep undercover.

So undercover he didn't even know.
Intrigue much.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
long time reader...created an account to post this. I studied under Ron Li for a Geomatics engineering degree at OSU. I spent the majority of my time on the Geodetic science floor of our engineering building, and I observered a couple abnormal things.
First there was a lab which received all the NASA MARS imagery. This lab was locked, and I only witnessed Chinese and Indian (country) people have access to the lab. It was locked with a 5 key cipherlock combination. I have no idea what went on in there, but I imagine they had access to all the unfiltered imagery of the mars rovers.
Mr. Li or his underlings were responsible for the very common 3d array imagery you see debunking the face on mars.

I personally thought he was a very nice man...but....he didn't seem to give a # about my development towards the profession (at the time I was a bit young for college and not as focused as I am now...but still intelligent) .... he adapted the lesson plans to conform with my classmates and I mental continuity. There was just 3 of us...and we were all non Chinese (white) ,... it seemed like...automatic B/A ...just try .....I appreciated it....but not a typical OSU engineering professor at the least.... almost as if (hindsight 20/20) ....that he had alteriative motives, and was just going thru the motions with myself and classmates...

sorry if this unproductive to the conversation and riddles with spelling and grammar errors...but I am drunk on wild turkey, and read this which struck close to home..

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bradley2

WOW welcome to ATS!
don't apologize, your post is insightful as someone who actually knew him.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bradley2

This post was far from unproductive IMO. Very insightful & knowledgable from somebody who knew the man as the above poster said! 👍🏼

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Friday, September 11, 2015 10:00PM

PHILADELPHIA --
Federal prosecutors are seeking to dismiss charges against a Temple University professor who was accused of scheming to provide secret U.S. technology to China.

The U.S. attorney's office in Philadelphia filed a motion Friday to dismiss four counts of wire fraud against the professor, Xi Xiaoxing.

In its filing in federal court in Philadelphia, the government says only that the motion is based on "additional information" it received since the charges against the 57-year-old professor were filed in May.

His daughter, Joyce Xi, says the family is relieved the charges are being dropped. She says it's been a difficult time for the family.

Xi was chairman of the university's physics department until his arrest. He remains a faculty member. He is a naturalized U.S. citizen born in China.

www.newsjs.com...://6abc.com/news/prosecutors-seek-to-drop-charges-against-temple-professor/980356/

Must be going around

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Hearsay and besides he likely has nothing earth shattering to give.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Clinton got away with it.
edit on 13-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What the heck, just yesterday there was an article in the NYT, in which the FBI had to drop charges against a scientist with a chinese background. They also accused him of spying, until the university found out the blueprints in question have been totally different blueprints. the FBI just did not check.

In the article is a link to another story, which is basically the same: a hydrologist this time, chinese ties, accused but completely innocent.

Seems to be some China paranoia by the FBI, I guess i would hide as well before the witchhunt start.
Hope they did not made him 'disappear'.

www.nytimes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Spy networks often create red herrings to keep authorities off track.

Obviously it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join