It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Professor disappears. May have sold NASA and Defense secrets to China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Rongxing Li, 56, who taught at the university for 18 years, was internationally famous for his mapping skills, which enabled him to help guide NASA rovers on Mars in 2003 and 2009. Also known as Ron Li, the professor grew up in China. Last year, he quit his job at OSU and vanished.

Li obtained access to Department of Defense technical information by offering a $36.9 million proposal to NASA for imaging work for a 2020 Mars mission. Li said in his 2014 proposal that he knew no Chinese scientists. However, OSU researchers became alarmed because Li had taken a 2012 sabbatical at Tongji University in Shanghai.

Ohio Professor disappears. May have sold NASA and Defense secrets to China

The FBI are searching for this guy after his university reported him to the authorities. He disappeared but had access to some serious NASA mapping information and Defense secrets. He was required to have no contact with Chinese scientists but worked on sabbatical in China. His wife was caught with thumb drives at the airport containing sensitive defense information. Wonder if he was paid by China, or his family was threatened in China.....

Investigators found Li was lying; he had all sorts of contact with Tongji, even his listing as a professor and as the director of a center for spatial information. Worse yet, they discovered he had worked with Chinese government programs to develop advanced technologies.

Someones been a very naughty boy.
Not that China will ever hand him over. He's gone and so is his information pertaining to advanced technologies.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sounds like this was a deep plant spy.

Deep undercover.

Something like Illegals Program

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is a logical assumption

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

dude that illegals program is fascinating to me.
always makes me think of the show the americans.

there is a book by a guy named nelson demille called 'the charm school'
came out long before the show and long before the illegals program came to light.

it is a great book. if youre a reader and a fan of that type of stuff i recommend it.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441853335&sr=1-1&keywords=the+charm+school+by+nelson+d emille

New York Times bestselling author, Nelson DeMille, delivers an explosive thriller of international intrigue and high-voltage political tension set in contemporary Russia.On a dark road deep inside Russia, a young American tourist picks up a most unusual passenger a U.S. POW on the run with an incredible secret to reveal to an unsuspecting world. The secret concerns "The Charm School," a vast and astounding KGB conspiracy that stands poised against the very heartland of America. Arrayed against this renegade power of the Soviet state are three Americans: an Air Force officer, who will fly one last covert mission into the center of a mad experiment; an embassy liaison, who will have her hopes for a saner superpower balance brutally tested; and the chief of the CIA's Moscow station, who will find his intricate dance of destiny and death reaching its devastating conclusion

its a good read.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Seems the car crashes has declined recently

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
He resigned in FEBRUARY 2014.......and this is "breaking news"??

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

When someone resigns it doesn't make Breaking news stories globally as a general rule.
The investigation has just become breaking news.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That's treason, he deserves whatever he gets, Death from plutonium, or life prison sentence.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

haha Must be an Ohio thing, yo can't trust anyone there, they'll stab you in the back first chance they get, and then sneer at you when you give them pleading eyes....

It wont be too long before things like this are not an issue. as we speak the chess pieces are being set in place globally.. and if you don't think that you're a pawn in this game, you're the best pawn they could have ever hoped for.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

This is literally nothing like that

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

haha Must be an Ohio thing, yo can't trust anyone there, they'll stab you in the back first chance they get, and then sneer at you when you give them pleading eyes....

Woah, woah, woah. Ohioan here. Ohio sucks, but you can trust some of us, and this guy was technically from China..... so there is that

-Alee

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma

This is literally nothing like that

I think it might be.

Not literally though.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Americans still believe the "camps" are for them, in a WW situation, it's men like this who will be occupants.
Enemies of the state.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Deep undercover.

That is my vote too.

China has the largest spy network in the WORLD.

Beijing fiercely denies it. Much of the world ignores it. But according to analysts and officials, the communist-controlled People’s Republic of China operates the single largest intelligence-gathering apparatus in the world—and its growing appetite for secrets has apparently become insatiable.

thediplomat.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was under the impression the Vatican had the largest spy network on the planet. I know they have the oldest one in existence.

As for China this would be nothing new. The leaps and bounds made by China over the yeas are the result of espionage - Militarily / Economically / Industrial.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Probably a plant, and a spy all along.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Deep undercover.

This reminded me of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop...

"I'm going deep, deep, deep, deep undercover!"

But yeah this whole story smacks of a man who was infiltrating the U.S. Gov't / NASA this whole time.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Probably a plant, and a spy all along.

If he was a spy, he wouldn't have the mapping skills that he gave NASA and teaching in Uni for that long. He is Chinese, obviously going back to China to work/live. Just like someone who is born from Poland or UK. Polish goes back to Poland, British goes back to UK. If he goes to other countries like Middle East and sells it, then that is down right treason.

If Americans are so afraid of technology being given to other countries. Then, they better teach their own population and stop relying on other people from other countries.
edit on 10-9-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
If he was a spy, he wouldn't have the mapping skills that he gave NASA and teaching in Uni for that long.

Sorry, you know this how? My very limited (and yet quite expansive) knowledge on the subject leads me to believe quite the opposite. Any "spy" who's been birthed within an opposing country will be educated, raise a family and work for many, many years in that country and specifically at times in places of importance, such as, yes you guessed it, the Education industry, Government, Military or somewhere else of great importance within the country's intelligence sector.

He is Chinese, obviously going back to China to work/live. Just like someone who is born from Poland or UK. Polish goes back to Poland, British goes back to UK.

This is a wholly inaccurate and if I'm honest rather weird statement. Again I must ask where your proof of this is?
edit on 10-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch

If he was a spy, he wouldn't have the mapping skills that he gave NASA and teaching in Uni for that long.

Sorry, you know this how? My very limited (and yet quite expansive) knowledge on the subject leads me to believe quite the opposite. Any "spy" who's been birthed within an opposing country will be educated, raise a family and work for many, many years in that country and specifically at times in places of importance, such as, yes you guessed it, the Education industry, Government, Military or somewhere else of great importance within the country's intelligence sector.

He is Chinese, obviously going back to China to work/live. Just like someone who is born from Poland or UK. Polish goes back to Poland, British goes back to UK.

This is a wholly inaccurate and if I'm honest rather weird statement. Again I must ask where your proof of this is?

Why would I need proof of that? America is turning into crap these days with gang violence and corruption. I wouldn't be surprised the Europeans moving back to Europe to live. Today, China isn't like the old Cold War crap anymore. It is so modernized that it is livable. You know what is worst than China? Middle Eastern nations or possibly Russia stealing the tech. America will be fine just so as long as they don't break ties with China. Even Americans are leaving America to Canada.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join