It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Begin Probe of Hillary Aide [Huma] Abedin for Embezzlement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The timing of news of this investigation being released now is curious.
Could it be that Huma is being 'prepped' to take the fall for Hillary? It's speculation, to be be sure...but it's interesting that untouchable Huma is now being investigated.

True to Hillary inner-circle form, however, Huma is blaming her disgraced husband, Anthony (look at my junk) Weiner for not alerting her to her illegal over-billing of the government (she says he handles all the money in the family).

Hillary's inner-circle is looking more and more like a 'Den of Thieves'...and, if they aren't to so already, they are going to start turning on each other, after they've run out of lies, excuses and other people to blame.

Vast Right Wing Conspiracy?...or chickens finally coming home to roost?

Federal investigators have formally began an inquiry into top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin after concluding that she took maternity and vacation time at the State Department without using her regular leave time.

The move brought Abedin nearly $11,000 in pay that she was not entitled to, The Washington Times reports. She is under investigation for embezzlement.

Abedin, 39, served as Clinton's deputy chief of staff from 2009 to 2012. She is the wife of disgraced former New York Rep. Anthony Weiner.

According to the report, which is based on documents provided to the Times, the investigation has also gathered evidence that Abedin filed time sheets charging the government for overtime that she was not entitled to for excessive hours after she had become a State Department contractor.

She had been a full-time employee for the agency.

The timecards were filed during a period that is being investigated regarding possible conflicts of interest, based on documents from the State Department's inspector general.

When Abedin left the State Department, she received a $33,000 lump-sum payment, the Times reports. About a third of that amount, or $10,674.32, has been deemed improper by investigators.

She told officials that Weiner did not tell her about the money.

Abedin later acknowledged that she probably did not complete a required form when she went on a two-week vacation to Europe in 2011 while pregnant. She has described the trip as a "Babymoon."

Failing to file the form resulted in the $10,674.32 in vacation time being cashed out to her in the lump payment when she left the State Department, according to investigators.

The agency's inspector general has concluded that Abedin did not correctly submit multiple required time sheets and leave forms involving her vacation and maternity leave, the Times reports.

www.newsmax.com...

edit on 9-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I saw the story a couple months back but honestly, didn't think it would go anywhere. If nothing else repay, penalties, and cover all cost of the investigation out of pocket. Be interesting to see what happens. As much as I dislike politicians and Clinton and Bush in particular, can't really fault Hillary for these actions unless it can be proven she knew and gave the ok. Hillary has plenty she is at fault for, not seeing this as one.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Embezzlement

Looks like even more corruption inside the arrogant Hillary Clinton Den of Iniquity.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Not a fan nor a hater but $11,000 is peanuts at that level of DC. If you dig deep enough into any of those folks' finances, chances are really good you will find "irregularities".

And she was a contractor? Yes? If so, even more likely one could find money that did not need to be there.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How much should tax payers spend to investigate an aide taking vacation time without first exhausting sick days?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Not a fan nor a hater but $11,000 is peanuts at that level of DC. If you dig deep enough into any of those folks' finances, chances are really good you will find "irregularities".

And she was a contractor? Yes? If so, even more likely one could find money that did not need to be there.

You're right....it is "peanuts" at that level. So, WHY is the FBI involved? There is more here than meets the eye.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This crap is ridiculous. No one can deny that it's a sign of the absolute corruption that is our government. There's no doubt Hillary broke laws that would have any other individual buried under some unnamed prison never to see freedom again. Yet Hillary still walks free, above our justice system, above our laws, untouchable.

The mass public doesn't care. That's our downfall.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
How much should tax payers spend to investigate an aide taking vacation time without first exhausting sick days?

Is that you Hillary?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like even more corruption inside the arrogant Hillary Clinton Den of Iniquity

Kind of cool - the corrupt Clinton's being taken down by the corrupt Obama administration. Maybe that is the solution - get them to turn on each other.

United we stand.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
This crap is ridiculous. No one can deny that it's a sign of the absolute corruption that is our government. There's no doubt Hillary broke laws that would have any other individual buried under some unnamed prison never to see freedom again. Yet Hillary still walks free, above our justice system, above our laws, untouchable.

The mass public doesn't care. That's our downfall.

As do George W. and Cheney, what is your point?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What's yours, straw man?

Both parties lie, so who cares, right?
edit on 10-9-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Man I'd love a job where I could swindle 11k and it's just no biggie.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think, Feds should be looking more into WHO AUTHORIZED these payments? Obviously there was a culture, where this was the way of the business.
edit on 9-9-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Hopefully not any where near as much as taxpayers are now going to fork over
to pay for 50 extra State Department employees, and a "Czar" salary to cover
for Hillary "Sorry about that".

Is this the way they intend to "create jobs" in the future?

Why not give every taxpayer 11,000 dollars to make it "even"?

What kind of "standard" is this?

edit on 10-9-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Thats a good point . Why do businesses want you to take medical leave in lieu of vacation/holiday time for sick leave. Where I work you have x amount of days as "sick leave" to use for medical reasons. For the rest of your employment there. It is a rather high number of days though. The average employee had rather take the vacation days , to save the sick days in case where you really need them....The investigation into this is ridiculous and I agree with you on this one.Could be a first ever.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Feds Begin Probe of Hillary Aide [Huma] Abedin for Embezzlement - evidence they are getting Hilary off the hook so she can be the first woman president in history.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I had to read the title 3 times, I couldn't get past the probing hilary part. Thought she had been abducted or something.

As much as I despise her, unless she signed off on it, this is one thing she is blameless of. And honestly, the charges seem kinda stupid to begin with. She took leave, in the wrong order? Geez.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Exactly. What indeed...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Sad but it happens. I wish it were different.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So the Hillary’s ‘Muslim Brotherhood princess’ is coming back to bite Hillary in her behind.

Perhaps the true intentions is to look into Abedin's past and links to the Muslim Brotherhood.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join