It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega Conspiracy(Not ATS politics correct.)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Let's all step back and collect ourselves for a moment...

Okay, the vast majority of the stuff you call "conspiracy evidence" is just nonsense. We all know (unless you are crazy) what is physically and technically possible. All the people in the airline industry, for instance, would be active co conspirators against the population. Anyone in jade helm would be traitors. Everyone in power has unquestionable loyalty to some shadow organization bent on controlling the world, universe, whatever.

Even disregarding that the things you say are being recorded on the Internet now. Years from now, when we are dead, somewhere, someone will find what we say and what will they think? Will it be "wow they thought Obama was the antichrist? Can't believe they couldn't tell it was Ken Ham"...

Or

Will you, a person interested in a reasonable understanding about certain situations, stop to ask "what am I doing? Am I really arguing that a damn demon Muslim lizardman has taken over the presidency?"

Maybe some people do it on purpose, I don't know. But many of you have a disinformation problem and it has very real effects. Now, we all know some people just can't help it. Sorry for them I wish they didn't have to live like that in fear.

But spreading known falsehoods is WRONG. We all are taught this from a very young age and yet people are spreading information that is simply not true. And not only do they know it's not true, but they will actively change the meanings of words in order to make something fit. It's madness.

This is it, I present you. The biggest conspiracy of all time. The conspiracy of speculation. Of wild guesses and thrown away logic. Invented scenarios and outright lies are just concepts. However peoples action are real. Perpetrating lies and especially lies that sew distrust and fear is the kind of thing that destroys mankind in the end.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

unless you are crazy

That's about it, in my opinion. You know as well as I that many people believe and perpetuate absolutely crazy stuff. Sometimes it's because they are crazy, and sometimes it's because their bias/agenda forces them to believe/perpetuate things they would otherwise question.

Your example of Obama is a very good one. Look at what many among the anti-Left crowd believe and post.

Nutbags.

edit on 9-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Nice post and spot on imho.

Yes conspiracies really exist.

But I feel the vast majority are salesmen fabricating fiction from fact, or ill informed persons relaying misinformation whether on purpose or otherwise.

The background noise can drown out reality, and drown out actual conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's been said the conspiracy theory was the greatest conspiracy of all time.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I disagree

When it comes to any organization of people of any size, people always have intentions and motivations. These will almost always conflict with the intentions and motivations of another, almost every time.

Whispers.. secrets.. lies all proliferate in the human environment where to be king to to be king.

Being a part of dynamic organizations myself in the past.. i was surprised to learn how scandal and information could be hidden on smalls scales.

Blow the scale from a 30 person organization up to something like the federal government.. I don't event want to imagine what they have to hide.

Humans want to feel special.. it's natural.. information will always be power.. and valuable.

There is nothing that isn't possible in this world. All of the crazy conspiracies could very well be true. All except for the ones that are almost blatant satires of themselves.

A good example of that is the whole reptilian thing.. with the YouTube videos of celebrities eyes changing and their toungues sticking out. That's just rediculous.

But JFK? Aliens? Hidden genocide? Paranormal? Doomsday?

All of that is very possible Co side ring the power of science and money.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Federal government is the biggest purveyor of false information followed closely by the media.
Given that as the accepted source of official news and information one is left with mucking about independent media websites and looking for lies in the official news.
No small task for anyone.
Even those like myself with the luxury of time have a difficult task in sorting through it and re-establishing daily our perception of the world.

For me, it has boiled down to very few sources that I feel I can trust.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is a complex topic. It touches on human nature and points out just a few of our fallacies. Misinformation is definitely real and it comes from everyone whether we want to admit it or not. Haven't we all at one time or another said something because we jumped to an early conclusion? Some people may mistake what was an opinion and taken it for a fact. The media is the best of example of the worst offenders. Politicians too. They sound authoritative but don't always know much more than the next person.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I disagree

Ill allow it, but your still not making a convincing argument. All you are saying is "people keep secrets " and that means that these thing could've happened. Even these are not secrets, just memes every one on the Internet knows about.

link   

The whole time I was reading that I was thinking, "Oh ya, you mean Religion."

link   

You can trust whoever you wish. I trust nothing the government or it's affiliated agencies have to say.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

And yet when the government lies and is found out I see people held accountable a lot of the time. I know government lies happen. And I have evidence that there has been a punishment for government lies. That's not to say the justice system is perfect, but at least the people we are supposed to trust have a vested interest in not lying to us whenever possible because the masquerade always falls and everyone who has ever existed knows this.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaperMetel
so have you been wondering why you haven't had a single reply to this until now?

one persons fact could be seen by another as a lie..

there are many conspiracy's that end up to be true yet people still call them conspiracy's.

this thread didn't even merit a reply,yet here I am.. what a waist

JUST A RANT PEOPLE

When one persons fact is another persons lie, it means one of those people are wrong.

Also a conspiracy isn't about something being true or false. A conspiracy is just some kind of planned event by 2 or more people, usually nefarious and secret.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Truth is not subjective. Reality and science are the future of mankind, we must not let our easily led drag us back to the dark ages.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: NewzNose

And yet when the government lies and is found out I see people held accountable a lot of the time. I know government lies happen. And I have evidence that there has been a punishment for government lies. That's not to say the justice system is perfect, but at least the people we are supposed to trust have a vested interest in not lying to us whenever possible because the masquerade always falls and everyone who has ever existed knows this.

You may or may not have use for my story but, in 2011, I used state open records law to uncover the truth about a 'government/political' conspiracy that has been mocked and ridiculed endlessly by the media. I informed several people in the media that a state government agency confirmed this widely mocked conspiracy theory was, at least, in part, true. I was ignored until I gave up. It has been a terrible burden and an insult.

What does that leave me with? Well, if I try to tell my story without 'confirmation' from the media, no one 'trusts' my story. They only trust what the media is willing to report. So, I live now with knowledge that the media refused to report and I am too squeamish to talk about anymore. I realize that the media has made sure that anyone who spends one moment listening to- or considering what I discovered would be made to feel ridiculous.

I did a lot of work to get an answer that many people wanted and what I found was an inconvenient truth.

So, I cannot help but resent this thread because it seems to encourage the thinking that one individual cannot uncover a truth. But I did. And I feel like the message of your thread is that 'it' must be crazy unless another more 'acceptable' source reported on it first.

If I am wrong, forgive me. But that's how I read this post.
edit on 9-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This is it, I present you. The biggest conspiracy of all time. The conspiracy of speculation. Of wild guesses and thrown away logic. Invented scenarios and outright lies are just concepts. However peoples action are real. Perpetrating lies and especially lies that sew distrust and fear is the kind of thing that destroys mankind in the end.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, it's also probably the reason the human race always seems to be at war some place.

I am not religious in any way shape or form but there is good & evil at play, it's also with that thought why I distrust so many people & politicians

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I guess my question or comment isn't if you believe or not. I actually enjoy the story lines on many conspiracies. If I believe or not I still think it takes quite a bit of creativity in how some of them get created, linked, and tied together.

But I frequently see many people coming into ats, which has a good portion of conspiracy discussion to it. To let everyone know how bad and wrong conspiracies are. Its like taking a job as a teacher and then complaining about pay.

Honestly if you think it's stupid, it's cool, if I do I don't engage in the forum or that topic. But I understand that what seperates ats from so many others is that they have such a variety of topics including the far out conspiacies. I may not engage some but I appreciate they are here.

I am at ats and the day that the crazy and far out threads disappear because people worry about what people in the future will think. That's the day ats looses it uniqueness. Why be here when that happens?

To be honest I don't care if someone thinks Obama is a lizard, doesn't hurt me if they do, don't see lizard hit squads trying to take him out, so who cares? I've seen some people say I like to make fun of them. If that's what you need I have a list of people, they. Definately need to be made fun of and may actually impact your life. In other words, relax, who cares?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

People trust who they trust. If someone trusts you to relay that information to them, it is under the reasonable assumption that you are telling the truth. There are things that are simply impossible. However that is not to say a conspiracy would not happen or has not ever happened. I am sure they go on because I have evidence that conspiracies have happened. It is demonstratably true.

However suspension of disbelief will only take you so far.
edit on 9-9-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I think it's fascinating and the hell of a good time, but people think some dangerous things and while it is funny it is also alarming.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join