It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Container with aid for "refugees" was full of weapons and ammunition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And we are best pals with Saudi, we have our fingers in the rise of Wahhabism.

Our warring of that nation that left nations in ruins and families devastated laid the way for them to take over and spread.

You can seriously try and say the US has no blame in this, we have been bombing the ME for decades.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You can seriously try and say the US has no blame in this, we have been bombing the ME for decades.

Well they been killing each other for CENTURIES long before there ever was a US.

I have had enough of the 'western guilt' complex.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
is there still anybody left in the thread to discuss the cargo?

or shall i better leave?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have had enough of this "we didn't do anything" crap.

I am not saying their own conflicts are not to blame either but we threw gasoline on that fire over and over and over and over and over again.

Is "Western guilt" the new made up term like white guilt that the right is going to make up?

I guess we can't talk about the negative effect our wars have had, that isn't PC.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84
The question to ask is why would they try to smuggle weapons into Europe? When the weapon of insurgance choice is the AK 47 and that was manufactured just up country from Greece in Russia.
I'm sure for the right amount of money there are enough suppliers in eastern Europe that will gladly supply them with whatever weapons they want.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So no one else thinks this was just a regular seizure that's being used for political gain?

I do.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I don't get your question: "why would they smuggle weapons into europe?"

The cargo ship was sailing from Turkey to Lybia. So from a non european country to another non european country.

The only european connection was greece who stopped the ship and discovered the cargo.

The other question is the interesting one: why not AK47 from eastern european suppliers?

American produced weapons, described as 'police style' rifles have been on board.

Wild guessing would lead to a US or US affiliated sender.

ADDITION: unbreakable, you might want to change the thread title. we are 4 pages in and not a single factoid was pointing towards "aid for refugees". (except the title of the youtube video).

i think there might be an interesting story with the cargo but it has nothing to do with refugees.
thanks

edit on 10-9-2015 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84
I would agree with you but why was the ship in Greek waters? The ship was supposed to be going from Turkey to Libya it had no reason to be in Greek waters. Unless? If your smuggling anything it's best not to off load it at a port where it can be detected. You can try to drop it off anywhere around the coast of the country you're trying to smuggle something into, hence you have to be in their territorial waters.
My answer still stands, there's more weapons floating about in eastern Europe for any need to smuggle any in.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

get a map! search for iskenderum, turkey. you will see its in a bay. right in front is cyprus, part of cyprus is greek. there is no effing way you could leave iskenderum without crossing greek waters.

here the map for the lazy ones: www.google.com...@35.2114864,33.6584072,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x14de1767ca494d55:0x324c3c807fc4146e

iskenderum is north east (top right) on the map.
edit on 10-9-2015 by svetlana84 because: added the map

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I know there are numerous threads already pertaining to the refugee crisis, so why not one more. On other threads some members are poo-pooing the idea when it is brought up that there could be a terrorism component that exists with the current crisis. Here is one example where weapons under the guise of aid are included in a container for refugees in Greece. It would be interesting to see who provided that container. I'm not saying the package was definitely for nefarious purposes, it could have been an innocent shipment of weapons for private purposes. But this shows it can be done.

Excellent find..THIS ONE HERE

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

But you are aware of religios tensions in the Middle East? Shiites, Sunnites and Alavites stuff, you know...

I am aware, yes. Just how is the west supposed to deal with that? Should the Shiites go to Sweden and the Sunnites to Germany, others to Austria? If they can't live together in the homeland, what makes you think they'll be pals in Europe?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I know it is hard to picture people of that area as normal down to earth people just looking to escape an area ravaged with war, but are we even trying? Or does it make us feel better to just act like they are all isis agents.

Isis kills just as much muslims, if not more, then anyone else, I don't think they have as good as recruiting as made out.

I have no clue how many radicals may be sneaking in. But if it is a small percentage and stuff starts going off was it worth it to get a bunch of people who needed help into the country along with the bad? Depends.

Now if the bad means some other country, city or neighbor gets bombed, increase in overall crime, rape etc. You may still say great.

If how ever a family member or friend gets killed, raped, maimed, etc was it still worth it? What about if it's your wife, girlfriend or self? Tough call

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

If how ever a family member or friend gets killed, raped, maimed, etc was it still worth it? What about if it's your wife, girlfriend or self? Tough call

Hypothetical appeal to emotions isn't a great place to argue from.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I

Hypothetical appeal to emotions isn't a great place to argue from.

It's a fact, it will happen. Always does. So you can avoid the question all you like. But trying to dismiss it because you don't like it, avoids the reality that it will happen. It's not hypothetical, it's when. You cannot have large influxes of people and avoid it.

Trying to sound smart and using a tactic of dismissing something only works if what's said it not grounded in reality.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Calling out you using a hypothetical to prove a point isn't trying to sound smart, your stance is that since a crime will, though you can't say that happen, then we shouldn't bring anyone in?
Or that it means that we should assume they are all isis agents?

Crimes happen, I agree, don't think we should punish those that haven't committed them because someone might later on.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When Fast and Furious was exposed it didn't stop Obama and Holder from getting weapons to our enemies, nor did it keep Obama from giving weapons and aid to the Muslim Bros. His Bros. They likely figured out how to do it better, and not get caught.

So this could very well be from them, at least, it is within the range of possibilities..

Imagine using your supporters and MSM perpetual state of denial to hide and mask all sorts of crimes like they do..

It takes a special kind of dirt-bag to do the things they have already been caught doing...
edit on 10-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I have had enough of this "we didn't do anything" crap.

I am not saying their own conflicts are not to blame either but we threw gasoline on that fire over and over and over and over and over again.

Is "Western guilt" the new made up term like white guilt that the right is going to make up?

I guess we can't talk about the negative effect our wars have had, that isn't PC.

If you took direction actions, that led to this problem you should feel guilt and work to make amends. I along with probably no one else on this board along with most the west took no direct action and didn't do anything. Is this going to be another made up blame session?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You do know that the west, as in our military, was involved right?

Like do we just ignore that?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Calling out you using a hypothetical to prove a point isn't trying to sound smart, your stance is that since a crime will, though you can't say that happen, then we shouldn't bring anyone in?
Or that it means that we should assume they are all isis agents?

Crimes happen, I agree, don't think we should punish those that haven't committed them because someone might later on.

I asked a question of how would your opinion change when crimes happen and if it would change even more if it hurt you directly. Didn't say anything about what Europe should or shouldn't do. Not my call. I was curious and asked a question.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It would change my opinion of the person(s) that committed the crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join