It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions for those religious/spiritual people out there

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Smokers smoke thier entire lives knowing very well the ill effects inherent: polluting thier lungs and degenerating brain cells on a periodic level; propogating cancerous diseases throughout thier lives. Society, itself, pullutes mother nature in the very same manner: releasing harmfull chemicals into the atmosphere polluting the air and subqeuntly polluting our lungs. Both of whom have chosen to live partialy, and not to thier full potential; both of them who choose to live death, and not live life. Whom deserves repentence for thier ignorance? Both chose ' now ' than ' after '; both chose ' I ' and not ' other '. It's only near death that one realizes the mistakes carried out in ones life, and more importantly, it's this actualization of mistakes and repentence towards not a foreign diety, but to ourselves, that is the last true obstical to our existence.

We hold a moral obligation to seek this repentence, uber allese.

Humans are still visercal creatures, praxeologicaly speaking, and the faculty of self-preservation yearns more than rationality and morality.

As for your questions: a diatribe, subjective and dogmatic, could suffice, but as of now, i'm not sure what my own beliefs are; being 22, i'm far too young to even understand ' life ' through it's current discourse let alone ' death '..

I'm going to go take a shower, maybe i'll think of some more while becoming Zestfully clean.

Deep

[edit on 31-12-2004 by ZeroDeep]

[edit on 31-12-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Actually, I take an evolutionists standpoint on pollutants.

We have evolved to become what we are through subjection to mutagens, mainly solar radiation. I believe that it is possible that through smoking, alcohol, drug use, and environmental neglect, we may just be making future generations stronger for themselves, and may spur a new evolution. If only our bodies could learn to fashion new and useful organs from cancer cells. Hell, we might just end up becoming lumbering ever-growing behemoths in the future and take over galaxies!

So go ahead, only eat half the bottle of anti-biotics! It will only challenge our immune systems to realize their full potential!

God, that was stupid.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, I'm assuming you're looking for opinions...as of course, none of us have the answers to this... So, I'll respond with my personal beliefs, with the preface that of course, they are simply my beliefs... (And I hope it's many, many happy years until you learn these answers my friend....)

1. What happens after we die? what kind of place do we go to? Does everyone go to the same place? Do we come back to Earth? Do our souls STAY on Earth (ghosts) Or is it completely different?

My thinking is that our "soul" (for lack of a better word), departs this plane of existence. In doing so, the soul creates a kind of "pocket universe". As to "where" one goes, it depends upon their mindset upon death. If one believes they are going to hell, then the pocket universe they create resembles their idea of hell. If they believe in the pearly gates, then that's the reality that soul creates. These realities are populated with constructs of those you wish to spend time with. Similar to a Star Trek holodeck. However, when these people pass on on Earth, they too create their own universes. When two or more souls are close, it is possible for their universes to "overlap" at points, and the REAL entities (souls) can share time as well as the construct. I should also add, that just as in a dream, the constructs will behave seemingly on their own accord, and it will be made from the memories you have of that person (at least until the real one comes to share time). As for ghosts, these are souls who had something left to do before creating their universe. It may be to watch over someone, avenge a wrong, etc. Since the passage of time is meaningless in this state, it's not a big deal to the ghost. Some ghosts though, simply were too confused upon death, and may not realize what they are capable of doing (i.e. creating their own heaven). Still other souls have managed to partially manifest on Earth if willing also, even while in their own universes.

2. Will we be reunited with our loved ones? Will we even know each other? Will we care? If some go one place and some go another will you (or them) know of the separation?

My belief is that there are some souls who simply know each other throughout their various lives. In some lives they are lovers, in others, relatives, friends, etc. Once off Earth, the souls don't have the complexities we have here, and simply understand they are close to each other.

3. If you die and your wifes remarries when they die what happens? I am serious with this one. Are you reunited with her or do yall have an eternal threesome or are you out in the cold?

See the above answer....

4. If you have killed/harmed others will they confront you? Or is all forgiven? How about if you were a real sicko? Will your victims have to spend eternity with you?

Only if you populate your universe with them (which is perfectly possible, due to the guilt of the soul). Luckily however, you have as long as you like to try and rectify it with your soul, and the constructs may aid in this.

I hope this helps add to your list of possibilities. I believe the above based on many things, I've simply felt this all along, various paranormal methods, etc. Again, I hope it's quite a while before you find out...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
What happens after we die?

I don’t think death is painful and we will be lead by the hand of God to a spiritual place, a peaceful place.

what kind of place do we go to?

In my mind I don’t see some city where we are completely separate from everything. My mind sees like an enormous ball of white light with God at it’s center. Rays of love and peace radiate out of the center from God himself. The rays penetrate every ounce of your being as everyone rotates around God. It’s like you were outside in 20 degree weather for hours and in an instant you were moved inside to an enormous roaring fire. The fire slowly penetrates the layers of your clothing and body warming you. It’s all that you could ever want and need. You are being touched by the hand of God at every moment.

Do we come back to Earth?

No

Do our souls STAY on Earth (ghosts) Or is it completely different?

No

Will we be reunited with our loved ones? Will we even know each other? Will we care? If some go one place and some go another will you (or them) know of the separation?

Yes we will be reunited with our loved ones. For some reason I have it in my mind that we won’t be completely separate from the whole, we will become one with everything in heaven but we are able to identify each other and remember the past.

If you die and your wifes remarries when they die what happens? I am serious with this one. Are you reunited with her or do yall have an eternal threesome or are you out in the cold?

I think you would be just as happy to see this other man as you would your wife. All earthly emotions are left at the door when you enter heaven. Being striped of greed, envy, lust and jealousy you would love this man almost as much as God. You would be eternally grateful that he was able to care for your wife while you were gone.

If you have killed/harmed others will they confront you? Or is all forgiven? How about if you were a real sicko? Will your victims have to spend eternity with you?

If you give your life to Jesus and are baptized all is forgiven. You can’t do something that Jesus wouldn’t forgive. This is his promise. If you were a real sicko on earth and were allowed into heaven you obviously changed your life and are no longer a sicko. Your victims would welcome you into heaven as you welcomed your wifes new husband. All is forgiven and earthly emotion and issues are left at the door, they will seem so insignificant like they happened a million years ago. There are no negative feelings or emotions in heaven, you are being bathed in the light of God for eternity, love and complete happiness is all anyone can feel.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No one really knows, all we can do is speculate, in my opinion you either die and thats it, or your neural energy or consiousness leaves your body and travels the universe, or it could be like stargate where we evolve into energy beings. Personaly I hope its like the stargate one or the neural consciousness.

In the Buddhist view you are reincarnated into something that reflects your previous lifestyle such as if your good or bad its Karma, than when you reach enlightenment through pure goodness all your life you ascend to Nirvana.

Really though no one can say for sure.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, all evidence points to the consciousness being dependant on the brain.

Have you ever undergone surgery? You know how you can never really remember exactly when you fell asleep? You just kind of peacefully slip into a dreamless state? I imagine death like that, but forever, I suppose. It doesnt really bother me, but I kind of would like for me to move on somehow. Of course, its possible that we just havent discovered some type of mechanism for our energy or "soul" that allows to evolve or whatever. It interests me, but as for the evidence right now, nothing really points in that direction.

Theres nothing to worry about though, if there is no mechanism in which we can "live" after death, then we slip into a peaceful non-existance. And if there is a mechanism, then cool, it should be interesting.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
These are my beliefs, and I believe them with all my heart. When we die...our energy or soul.....passes leaving the physical body. Those that we know that have passed, are there in the form we recognize to help us with the transition....as sometimes, especially in the case of sudden death,we can be confused as to what is happening to us, to help us over and realize what's going on, We go to place where this energy/soul, has a period of time to reflect over the incarnation we have have just left, call it heaven, or whatever you call it There are many other beings there too attending to whatever they are attending to, including angel forces etc..... What was learned, what could we have done better, etc...before we reincarnate again to learn the next lesson. The over all point of it all, of course is to achieve a higher level of spirituality with each incarnation eventually resulting in being able to become one with the one true all empowering/omnipotent/creating energy force......while in the energy/soul state.....we are not involved with the concerns of things as we were in the physical body. You do recognize those you know, but not in the sense of, "Oh there's aunt Emma" or "there's my mother".....that's what that force was while incarnate.....not the ethereal.....we understand that while in the energy/soul state, that we are each on a mission while in the physical body. You also stay around the same energy through most of your incarnations....during one incarnate, who was your mother in once life may be a best friend in another. I hope this explains it. I was trying to in a way to get it across to majority...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, for starters, in case anyone didn't figure it out from the avatar, I'm a born again Christian. Fairly new believer, too. Only been doing the Christian thing for about 5 years now, so more mature, wiser Christians may have a better take on what I say, and I hope they add on and correct any of my ignorances (remember, ignorance can, and is, be corrected, stupidity cannot
). I'm going to state things factually. Naturally, it's only what I believe since I've not been to heaven yet, but rather than put all kinds of disclaimers into every sentance, I'll just have one here now. This is what I believe.

1. What happens after we die? What kind of place do we go to? Does everyone go to the same place?

Gotta start this one with a quote from a great song: "I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk by your side." Quite frankly, only one person has been there and come back to let folks know what it was like and they nailed him to a tree for it. No, everyone does not go to the same place. From what I've been able to gather, Heaven is being in the direct presence of God, Hell is the complete abscense. I can only imagine what it's going to be like to be in the direct presence of God, basking in His glory. I doubt it will be like What Dreams May Come or something along those lines since, after we die in the flesh, we lose the temptations of the flesh -- we're not going to want 72 virgins or a field filled with candy growing on trees.

Do we come back to Earth? Do our souls STAY on Earth (ghosts) Or is it completely different?

Still out on this one like I am with evolution. Ghosts. No where in the Bible does it say they don't exist. In fact, when Jesus is walking on the water, his disciples believe Him to be a ghost, and tell him so. Were there no ghosts, that would have been a prime time for Jesus to rebuke them, but He just says, "No, it is I". Plus, I've seen them. So I have no idea what ghosts are. As to coming back to Earth, I dunno, but I doubt it, since if God had a message he wanted down here on Earth, he'd send one of His messangers (Angels)

2. Will we be reunited with our loved ones? Will we even know each other? Will we care? If some go one place and some go another will you (or them) know of the separation?

Aite, here's where I've gotten with this one, and it was with the help of a far more mature believer. We will be reunited with our loved ones, but not necessarily all of them. Those that don't make the cut (didn't accept Christ or didn't lead a perfect life (you only have to match one of those criteria to get into heaven)) won't be there. I'd often wonder how heaven could be heaven without person "X". A friend explained to me, far better than I could y'all now, that there's probably a blessing that we would consider a curse here on Earth: forgetfulness. They're gone from memory. Another possibility would be that you are as keenly aware of what they did through and with their life, and since God is completely just, you understand and are ok with them having chosen the path of the damned. For those of you ready to bite my head off for this, read the first paragraph again. And yes, I believe this.

3. If you die and your wifes remarries when they die what happens? I am serious with this one. Are you reunited with her or do yall have an eternal threesome or are you out in the cold?

There is no marrige in heaven. I don't know where it states this, but it is written in the Bible that family ties no longer exist and you are all related as brothers and sisters of eachother under God. So yeah, you'll probably be reunited with them (if you care about anything other than basking in the glory that is Him), and it won't be akward or anything. Plus, how are you going to have a threesome without any of the biology to do so?

4. If you have killed/harmed others will they confront you? Or is all forgiven? How about if you were a real sicko? Will your victims have to spend eternity with you?

I don't believe you will be confronted. God is forgiveness; I highly doubt he's going to put you into a situation where you're going to be confronted by someone for something that He's already forgiven you for. You want a real sicko? By all accounts, Jeffery Dahmer found Christ before he was beaten to death in prison. So, if true, he's sitting up there in heaven right now. From what I've come to understand, there are different levels of heaven, but he is up there. However, God doesn't hold grudges if you simply ask for forgiveness. I suspect those victims, if they made the cut, will have to spend eternity with you, but they won't mind. They will, I'm sure, be thrilled you made it and made the change in your life and in your heart to know what is really important in life.

Aite, I really have to get back to work. Sorry to hear you're having health problems, Amuk
That sucks!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Something I'm curious about...not looking for a debate, especially on this thread...

What exactly do Christians think Heaven is like?

Is that all there is to do? Bask in the glory of the creator? Hmm....

I suppose, "you'd lose the temptations", or we "simply don't know" are fairly good cop-outs, but then it raises the other question...

Why strive to attain a state when you know nothing nor believe nothing particular about that state???

I'm seriously curious here... How do Christians imagine Heaven? Is forever bowing and worshipping to someone really so appealing that the other pleasures in life...(love (with humans), good food, friends, fun, etc.) pale in comparison? I just find that a little blind...and sad really.

Again, it's a simple question to answer, not a debate.

Q: How do Christians imagine Heaven, what do you do for eternity?

EDIT: Kinglizard's is pretty good...fairly similar to my idea of the final incarnation of the soul, but with a Christian slant to it...

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Gazrok

You have taken this pretty much to my next question
The thought of bowing and scraping for an eternity and being incapable of doing anything else brings to mind hell more than heaven. What would be the point of having freewill for your "life" just to have it taken away in the afterlife. I would hope that it would be kinda like now just with people being nice to each other.

Again I have not started this thread to bash ANYONES beliefs but to ask some honest questions from my heart.

I would also like to hear from Jews and Muslims on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What exactly do Christians think Heaven is like?

Is that all there is to do? Bask in the glory of the creator? Hmm....

I suppose, "you'd lose the temptations", or we "simply don't know" are fairly good cop-outs, but then it raises the other question...

Why strive to attain a state when you know nothing nor believe nothing particular about that state???
[edit on 3-1-2005 by Gazrok]

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the individual's goals. Personally, I didn't get into religion and Christianity for the end goal. I became a Christian because it became abundantly and obviously clear that Jesus Christ was, is, and ever will be God. I serve for the pleasure of serving, not for the end goal of heaven. As a result, I've not given too much thought as to what it will be like. I know it will live up to it's name, and that's good enough for me.

It may sound kind of strange, worshipping, serving, and willing to dedicate my life to something invisible, but people do it all the time substituting God with country. There's no end goal for taking a bullet for your country, yet millions do/have done so, and proudly. So there! (Sorry, just lost my train of thought and need to get back to work)

That's why my concept of heaven is so undefined -- I just haven't really put a ton of thought or research into it.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that there is life after death, and reincarnation cycles if necessary, where the goal is for the eventual melding of a collective consciousness into one, which happens once we evolve away all of our imperfections, faults, sins and me mentality with each corporeal visit. Call the end result Heaven if you will, I like to think of it as the plan God has for all of us, every last one, to understand that we become collectively, a part of him. That I truly believe was why he created mankind, to share all that he is.

I think when the body dies, the consciousness may indeed see loved ones, but briefly if as a means to initially comfort the passing sub-conscious back into the ethereal plain from whence it originated until reoriented with its purpose.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)

All sin is...is missing the goal God has set for us! That's all it is. Now the 'outward manifestations of sin', well I'm sure one glance at the news headlines will reveal that to us. And I know that everybody has their own ideas about what sin is or what that goal is, but it's not our ideas that count, it's God's.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).

That's the bad news...the pay for sin sucks! Unless death becomes you, you don't want to travel that road. Notice it doesn't say punishment here, it says wages. A sinner earns his way to death. God is simply the paymaster. Talk about a bad career move.

Notice also that God provides a way of escape...as a gift no less! Not through the church, not through religion, not through hypocrisy or tradition, ritual, long flowing robes, confession booths, candles, church attendence, knocking on doors, clean lifestyle, good works, good standing in the community, clean smelling clothes, or even another Christian...but through a person: Jesus Christ! From what I am hearing many say against the gospel message, its clear to me some people sure like to complicate things...or should I say, 'confuse' things? There is no New & Improved Jesus Christ with Added Calcium! There is simply...the gospel.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly (Romans 5:6).

We can't save ourselves. We don't have the right stuff, so God did it for us.
Christ became our sin, our 'missing the mark' when He died on the cross.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9).

Ok, so that's easy enough. Why does everyone try to make it seem more complicated than that? Maybe its because they don't believe. Gotta read the rules here.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).

ê¿ê

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
My opinion is this. I don't care what you believe, or how smart you are, you do not know what comes next. No-one does. Maybe an afterlife, maybe not. Everyone has to wait their turn to find out. Thats just part of life.

No, we can know. God has not left us without a general picture of what mankind can expect by what God tells us in the Bible. The EXCUSE that we cannot know is not valid and lets a person shirk their responsibilities to God.

1. Each man or woman hhas a beginning but we do not have an end. Those who have accepted Christ will live eternally with God. Those who reject Christ will face eternal seperation from God. When a person dies their soul either goes to be with Christ or goes to hell. Ghosts are not humans who haven't moved on. Demonic or fallen angels are the source of "ghostly" activity.

2. Loved ones are reunited in heaven but their is no fellowship in hell. We will know each other and retain our memories. People in hell retain their memories as well. God tells us He will wipe away all our tears. If He wipes them away their have to be tears for something. If we retain our memories and we cannot find someone living with us and God(after eternity begins0 there is only one other place they can be.

The Bible tells us that there won't be marriage for those who enter eternity. Although I believe a man and woman who have a loving marriage relationship on earth will certainly have some sort of special relationship in heaven.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
My opinion is this. I don't care what you believe, or how smart you are, you do not know what comes next. No-one does. Maybe an afterlife, maybe not. Everyone has to wait their turn to find out. Thats just part of life.

No, we can know. God has not left us without a general picture of what mankind can expect by what God tells us in the Bible. The EXCUSE that we cannot know is not valid and lets a person shirk their responsibilities to God.

1. Each man or woman has a beginning but we do not have an end. Those who have accepted Christ will live eternally with God. Those who reject Christ will face eternal seperation from God. When a person dies their soul either goes to be with Christ or goes to hell. Ghosts are not humans who haven't moved on. Demonic or fallen angels are the source of "ghostly" activity.

2. Loved ones are reunited in heaven but there is no fellowship in hell. We will know each other and retain our memories. People in hell retain their memories as well. God tells us He will wipe away all our tears. If He wipes them away their have to be tears for something. If we retain our memories and we cannot find someone living with us and God(after eternity begins there is only one other place they can be.

3.The Bible tells us that there won't be marriage for those who enter eternity. Although I believe a man and woman who have a loving marriage relationship on earth will certainly have some sort of special relationship in heaven. If someone remarries I can't give a specific answer to that one. An example is given in the Bible where a woman remarried 6 times and Jesus tells us that in heaven that she will be the wife of none of them. If you are married and lose(death or divorce) your spouse and can remain unmarried, it's probably better to do so. If you want to remarry do so the Bible tells us.

4. There are two places to dwell in eternity. With God or apart from Him. If you accept Christ you have chosen to come to God through Him for forgiveness of your sins. At your death or Christ's return you will be with Him forever and live with God in all His creation, not just heaven. If you reject Christ that is a choice someone makes also. If you reject Christ you will be seperated from God at death or His return. There seems to be an indication in the Bible that the current seperation in hell will not compare with the seperation that will happen when one enters the lake of fire and experiences COMPLETE seperation from God for all eternity. God has provided the way to escape Hell. It doesn't matter what you'e done as far as sins. All have sinned and need salvation in Christ. So if you were saved and someone killed you and then they asked for forgiveness through Christ then yes you would both see each other in heaven. Just as you were forgiven for your disobedience against God, they have the right to be forgiven also. At that point in eternity we will be joyous to know that we are with God and others are also. When we get to heaven some things will lose significance in the light of eternity.

Right now each person is on a countdown from the moment they are born. We may hit 70, 80 or alittle longer, but the fact remains 1 out of every 1 people die. In eternity time ceases to exist. We are not on a countdown to death any longer. The third verse of amazing grace is awesome. It says when we've been there(heaven, eternity, with God) 10,000 years bright shining as the sun, (Now listen I mean really listen to this part) WE"VE NO LESS DAYS TO SING GOD'S PRAISE THEN WHEN WE'VE FIRST BEGUN. Eternity is filled with things we cannot imagine.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
sozzledboot:

Unfortunately the NT authors and the church fathers got themselves all muddled up in an effort to explain this sin equals death ideology. First they require baptism, and can’t decide between themselves whether that is in Jesus’s name or for remission of sin, then they say Jesus died for our remission of sins. Aside from the several idiosyncrasies of that, the ultimate redeemer of sins supposedly died to cancel past sins (as I see it, counter to your interpretation), included in that would be the “original sin” of Adam and Eve, yet everyone still dies.

More importantly, is how this totally illogical thought needs circular logical to make itself seem feasible. Adam was told not to eat the fruit, or he would die. That is taken to be the reason why humans die, but that premise presupposes, starting with Paul, that man was going to live forever, which is not a given since God removed them from Eden lest they; ”…take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.” and since, that only suggests one reason for the tree of life; They were intended at one time to eat from it in order to never die, which means it would have been made compulsory (freewill issue) food or man would die. So now we have a decree about humans having to die, in Genesis 2:17, this is a given, they ate, they will die, they cannot get to the tree of life to overcome this. Yet, God finds it necessary later on in 6:3 to declare his spirit will not always strive with man, and man’s age therefore shall be limited, which, unless that is taken as a statement of inevitable fore-sakement, it is a second death sentence, and totally unnecessary, since one was already passed.

That same circular logic is demonstrated here;

We can't save ourselves. We don't have the right stuff, so God did it for us.
Christ became our sin, our 'missing the mark' when He died on the cross.
If Jesus became our sin, 2004 years ago, and saved us, then every human to have lived after his time needs nothing to be saved, not even him. They can commit all the sins they like because you state Jesus took the sin away. But at the same token, that has to have been selective cleansing because you hold firm to the belief that even though Jesus took that sin away, one is obviously sinless but still doomed unless;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

So now we have gone from dying because we sinned, to dying because we don’t confess Jesus died to wipe out man’s sins so that man would not die.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
sozzledboot

I did not ask how to become a Christian, I asked about different peoples beliefs in the afterlife. We all know how to get "saved" or become a Buddist or whatever I am merely asking "what happens after we die"

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

… I am merely asking "what happens after we die"

Hi Amuk,

Near Death Experience and After Death Communication research both point to the existence of a soul that outlasts the physical body. They also point to an independent and transcendent spectrum of energy to the physical plane that operates off of an entirely different set of principles. The well-known metaphysical catch-phrase of “going into the Light” reflects this energy of Spirit. We can venture into the Light to the extent of our ability to love genuinely and deeply, regardless of our faith and/or religious affiliation. The Light is Universal, nonliving, not a respecter of individuals or groups, and values our ability to Love and our application of The Golden Rule above our ability to preach or give lip service.

"Heaven is achieved through deed, not creed."

As a spiritual medium, I have communicated with people on the Other Side who are representative of many faiths, e.g., Pagans, Spiritualists, Christians, Buddhists, New Age types, Bahá'í, Muslims, alien spirits, etc.

Generally speaking, what first happens after bodily death is the awareness of no longer being in the flesh and in feeling surrounded by love and protection. Some take a while to realize that they are in the Spirit. Then we all go through a life review or "bardo" whereby we can see our life in full clarity and the effect that our thoughts, intentions and actions had on those within our particular sphere of influence, including mistakes made and inroads gained in our spiritual development. If we take responsibility for our misdeeds and strive to correct them, then we can ascend to at least a fairly spiritual place or dimension of energy in the Light. Focus is everything. Those on a higher level can look down to those on the lower levels but no one can look up in vibration unless one ascends to that expanded dimension in the Light.

Most souls decide to join a group consciousness of like-minded individuals. This gives people a sense of family, peace, and telepathic unity. The “cities of light” in the basically spiritual planes or Mid Realms that are reported by near death experiencers (like Dannion Brinkley) are the manifestation of these astrally-combined groups.

The discarnate dimensions consist mainly of a large collection of special interest groups. The more mature souls are individualistic and take a long time to reflect on their incarnation. Everyone has the choice of whether to descend into the flesh or stay in the Spirit. There is no such thing as perfect circumstances for an incarnation; you simply strive to get the best conditions you can from what is available -- with the constant reminder that many others are also pushing and pulling for their own chance to come into the flesh.

We all have many choices to make and our destiny on the Other Side is determined by our application of The Golden Rule before (and after) we leave the flesh and return to the Primary Reality. The farther the soul can ascend into the Light and stay there, the more spiritually advanced the personality.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Amuk, I will give you my version of after death. Most of it is from dreams.

After we die we leave our earthy bodies, we become the same, we are beings of light.

We go back to the place of origin that many will call it heaven, but actually is a gathering of souls.

We share experiences and we in that body less state have the wisdom of the ages.

We are also close to the source of all life, and we have not need for sex indentification, because we have none, so the life we experience in earth or other worlds, is were we become a male or female or we chose the role we play like a actor in a stage.

The human sufering and human feelings are left behind once we leave earth.

A wife or husband a son or daughter or a mother or father, are only of our human lives.

I had seen many things in dreams of how life is after we depart from human life.

Occurs this my personal version.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Gazrok

You have taken this pretty much to my next question
The thought of bowing and scraping for an eternity and being incapable of doing anything else brings to mind hell more than heaven.

First of all we need to get some things in their proper order. I work at wal-mart. I didn't found wal-mart, Sam Walton did.. The store has levels of management. I have duties in my present job that I carry out, and If I do my job right I can advance to a different position. The general manager has different duties there and knows things about running a retail store that I don't. Above Hime are corporate managers who make other decisions and know more than him.

God created the universe. I didn't do it and you didn't do it. That's a fact that must be accepted. There is a God and He knows more than me. But as a christian He has let me join in on what He's doing. By being faithful and responsible with my time and finances and applying them to worthwhile endeavors that will carry over into eternity I am learning responsibility for the future. Yes we will praise and worship Jesus(God) for all eternity. But I think you have the wrong concept of what that is. Worship can also be called worthship. In praise and worship you are acknowledging that you are giving God the proper place in your life. God created me. If it wasn't for Him I wouldn't even exist, that should humble you. Then He died and rose again that I could live forever, that should humble you more. Then comes the question, is God worth giving my life to. Is He worth getting up for on Sunday morning and going to church to learn about, or am I more important and should I stay out late Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday. Do I spend all my money on myself and get a huge dvd collection that will someday be meaningless, or do I give some to save others. Is God worth running all my decisions through Him first.

A parable in the Bible has a man distributing finances to some of his servants. He then leaves and leaves them in charge of these finances. When He returns some of the servants have increased the finances and the man rewards them with even more(responsibilities). One was afraid and shirked his responsibility and buried what the man gave him. The man then took what he gave him away and gave it to a faithful servant. This is also told to us in another parable except cities instead of money are used. And the servants are rewarded with leadership over more cities. These are parables about God and christians. God is training me right now for responsibilities in eternity. We won't be sitting in heaven saying the same thing over and over again. God is going to share all He has with us. Space has always fascinated me. Someday I will get to see the other planets and only God knows what He will have me doing on them. I like to do woodworking(making things). God put that trait in me when He made me. And I firmly believe that I will be using that trait and ability in eternity and throughout the universe. And what if there's something more than this universe. What if God is going to make something that we can't imagine. Something other than a universe with planets. Yah we will be thanking God for things and praising Him for who He is, but we will also be doing work. Work that's fun and truly rewarding. Eternity with God will never be boring.

That's the God I love and live for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join