It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions for those religious/spiritual people out there

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is not a conspiracy and if it needs be move it but I choose this forum to get the most responses I could.

As my health fails my thoughts turn more and more to what comes next, something I never thought of before and I have a few questions for EVERYONE out there. Please don't turn this into a bashing of others beliefs I just would like to here from everyone out there.

1. What happens after we die? what kind of place do we go to? Does everyone go to the same place? Do we come back to Earth? Do our souls STAY on Earth (ghosts) Or is it completely different?

2. Will we be reunited with our loved ones? Will we even know each other? Will we care? If some go one place and some go another will you (or them) know of the separation?

3. If you die and your wifes remarries when they die what happens? I am serious with this one. Are you reunited with her or do yall have an eternal threesome or are you out in the cold?

4. If you have killed/harmed others will they confront you? Or is all forgiven? How about if you were a real sicko? Will your victims have to spend eternity with you?

I am interested in hearing from all sides on this subject.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My opinion is this. I don't care what you believe, or how smart you are, you do not know what comes next. No-one does. Maybe an afterlife, maybe not. Everyone has to wait their turn to find out. Thats just part of life.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople Everyone has to wait their turn to find out. Thats just part of life.

I agree.

I wasn't asking for the secrets of eternity just for people to flesh out there beliefs a bit here. I am really looking forward to hearing EVERYONES thoughts, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, etc.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
1)When you die you go to a place of rest where you reflect about your life. Everyone goes there no matter what they did. You than choose to come back to earth and fulfill karma.

2)Your souls will always be together in someway. Your wife in this life could be your father in the next.

3) You will all be together one way or another

4) Well if you do something bad then something bad will happen to you. If your Hitler then you probably be in really bad spot.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thats pretty interesting Vegamite

What do you base these beliefs on?

And the place you go, where is it? Do you remain human or become something else?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Buddhism and My own opinion

The place is called many things Heaven, Summerlands its the place where all souls go after they die.

Its up to you where you reincarnate. Could be human, could be animal,could be something you don't know about.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What the hell's the matter with your health?!!! Know this. You don't go anywhere when you die. That's why it's important that you do whatever you most want to do while you're here.

The silly prospect that something magical happens when we die is just another symptom of our human condition, which is predicated mostly upon denial. No, our collective ego could never allow the possibility that we just simply die. Nobody talks about where plants and animals go when they die. Why? Because we are selfish and we don't care about where they go, or if they go. No. We are the only ones with a heaven, we are the only ones with a hell.

The closest thing that I have considered to be heaven or hell is the possibility that in our dying moment, our perception of time slows to such a rate that we could consider it eternity, and that "life flashing before our eyes" thing is simply a reprocessing of all the memory that we fear to lose. After that, we may be overcome with a feeling of guilt (since that is what we are taught to feel), and this last moment could become hell-like, as we consider the 'evil' that we've done in our lives.

So screw guilt. And screw fear.

At the point of death, it won't matter if you were a human being or a single celled organism, from your point of view. So don't worry about it. But take care of yourself, man.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now you've done it. You opened the can of worms that no one wants to talk about. Alright then. I'll fill you in from my point of view. I'm sure it will be considered too obvious an will be laughed at.

Originally posted by Amuk
1. What happens after we die? what kind of place do we go to? Does everyone go to the same place? Do we come back to Earth? Do our souls STAY on Earth (ghosts) Or is it completely different?

Your soul returns to it's maker. I hope you don't honestly believe that the cosmos is an accident. It's just too organized. The Earth is positioned in just the right spot. So along with the cosmos, your soul is a creation. I know some will have a problem with this and want to know who made the creator. Let's just say that's beyond what our minds can grasp at the time.

What happens when you meet your creator is up to you. Is he your friend or enemy?

2. Will we be reunited with our loved ones? Will we even know each other? Will we care? If some go one place and some go another will you (or them) know of the separation?

I believe you will not loose any knowledge when you die, and its possible that you can be reunited with your loved ones. I don't know if their memory will be wiped out if they choose not to align them self with their creator. That remains to be seen.

3. If you die and your wifes remarries when they die what happens? I am serious with this one. Are you reunited with her or do yall have an eternal threesome or are you out in the cold?

I don't' believe that sex as in reproduction will be necessary once you die. I'm sure you can all be friends.

4. If you have killed/harmed others will they confront you? Or is all forgiven? How about if you were a real sicko? Will your victims have to spend eternity with you?

It is possible that you can be confronted, but the only accuser that really matters is the one that judges you soul. He can and will forgive anything you've done if you ask. Some people really get hung up on this. Think about your children. If they stole your car and then came back and said they were sorry, would you forgive them? Of course, and you'd probably even loan them your car again. As long as you have the proper relationship forgiveness will always be there.

Will victims have to spend eternity with you? I'm not sure what that would mean, but everyone is only accountable for what they can control.

This life is just preparation or a staging ground for what lies ahead. Of course as a Christian I'm going to tell you that reading the Bible and following the instructions written there is the way to prepare for what happens when you die.

I was thinking about this just last night. Think about all those people that died in the tsunami. Tragic loss of life, but the same thing will happen to me some day. Taxes aren't really a sure thing. You can cheat and get away with not paying them. Death is unavoidable but I'm just like everyone else. I really don't spend that much time thinking about it unless it looks me right in the face.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hi Amuk!

First off, I want you to know you are in my prayers

Then I want you to know that some of the questions you have asked are unanswerable. And despite the fact you'll probably have people come on and pretend to know the answers - I think in your heart you'll find that the answers are reserved for the spiritual side...of which we may learn to enjoy aspects of, but do not yet live in.

I'm going to give my personal opinion based on my own spiritual beliefs. I am a christian, so I do firmly believe that faith in God's gift to humanity through the sacrifices endured by Christ is what allows us salvation.

1. What happens after we die?

I do not know. I do not know if our spirit sleeps until a designated time, or if we immediately travel to our next destination.

what kind of place do we go to?

I do not know in the short-term, but I believe eventually we are in the presence of God. What "kind of place" it is holds no importance to me other than being in the presence of God...and once I'm in His presence, it's mine opinion I still won't care where I'm at.

Does everyone go to the same place?

If you mean immediately after death - I do not know. If you mean eventually - long-term, I do not believe so.

Do we come back to Earth?

I do not know. Quite frankly, there is nothing in the Bible that precludes re-incarnation. Now, staunch fundamentalists who do not take the time to consider this issue would shout NO. But God the Father is unlimited in His mercies and I could very well see Him allowing a soul multiple tries at "getting it right". But my personal opinion is that a saved soul does not return....there is no need, and it isn't even logical.

Do our souls STAY on Earth (ghosts) Or is it completely different?

I do not believe our souls stay on Earth.

2. Will we be reunited with our loved ones?

I believe we eventually will be.

Will we even know each other?

I believe so, but in a spiritual way.

Will we care?

I don't think so.

If some go one place and some go another will you (or them) know of the separation?

I don't know. But I believe bieng in the presence of the Creator will make a soul "know" that all is well.

3. If you die and your wifes remarries when they die what happens?

I am serious with this one. Are you reunited with her or do yall have an eternal threesome or are you out in the cold?

You asked above if we would care if we actually know one other. I answered that I don't think so...I don't think this will matter either. There are higher levels of consciousness that kind make the things that SEEM important to us now diminish to negligible....IMO. p.s. Christ said we would not marry in our next existence.

4. If you have killed/harmed others will they confront you?

This is a very good question. My personal thoughts are that this could very well be part and parcel of what is referred to as "Judgement Day". And it could be very much more real than just confrontation...imagine feeling all the hurt you have caused others by your acts of inhumanity?

Or is all forgiven?

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. You may have to endure the hurts you caused in order to learn and grow as a spritual being. But that doesn't mean you aren't forgiven.

How about if you were a real sicko? Will your victims have to spend eternity with you?

Absolutely don't have a clue.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm not dead so I can't say. However the transition of physical dead is predictable. The energy that makes up your coporeal form takes on a different form continually for all of time according to the theory that energy is neither created nor destroyed, but the physical death is probably not what you are looking for. As far as the consciousness or spirit or 'ghost in the machine' is concerned no one can say for certain as they whould have to be dead to confirm it and flatlining for a few minutes is not true death as there is still activity in the brain. However if you ask for my opinion, I have seen NO proof that consciousness exists without the workings of an active brain. Energy exists as can possibly be seen in residual hauntings, but that is not proof of consciousness.

This all relies on the consciousness surviving which I can not confirm so in the absence of proof I am forced to say no.

See answer above. My step-father had his leg amputated a few years back and my mother believes that he will be reunited with it in heaven. Pretty strange if you ask me. Is your leg who you are? Are you less of who you are if you lose a limb? What if you have your apendex out?

This one I do have a (as I see it) valid theory on. Everything that you do, all your actions and reactions, affect the development of your personality/spirit/consciousness and vice versa. This effects the transitional phase of dieing (life into death). I believe that the type of person that you see yourself as overwelms your disposition during the Dieing. By this I mean to say that if you are filled with regret or shame or just refuse to let go of life, you will die in a stated of emotional termoil. But remember this is just the Dieing state and not the Death state. The Death state I have no conscious experience with.

Think of it this way. You are taking a train to a cab in order to get to a boat. The train (Life) reaches its destination and in order to get to the boat (Death/Afterlife) you need to hail a Cab (the Dieing/Transitional phase). If the cab driver is confused or unfocased you may end up at the wrong boat or some place completely different then intended. The is the mental termoil of the Dieing. Although I can not say if the boat leads to another sort of existence or just sinks at the dock.

I know it probably does not seem it to many, but I am very spiritual and do believe there is something that could be refered to as a god type thing (I say god type thing because I don't want it to be confused with the normal concepts of what god is). However, the existence, or rather NON-exitence, of this NON-conscious thing is of little relivence to our lifes. It is like understanding the basics of how to operate a car without seeing the relivence in becoming an auto mechanic.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Now you've done it. You opened the can of worms that no one wants to talk about.

That was the point of my thread.

I believe you will not loose any knowledge when you die, and its possible that you can be reunited with your loved ones. I don't know if their memory will be wiped out if they choose not to align them self with their creator. That remains to be seen.

this is one of my questions. How could you enjoy your reward knowing your wife and children were being tortured for eternity? (just an example) and if you dont remember anything what was the point? You are being rewarded or punished for something you cant remember.

I don't' believe that sex as in reproduction will be necessary once you die. I'm sure you can all be friends.

This wasnt about sex. It was about realationships, family bonds, etc.

Will victims have to spend eternity with you? I'm not sure what that would mean, but everyone is only accountable for what they can control.

I meant could your next door neighbor in heaven be the man that kidnapped, tortured, raped and killed you?

I am glad the way the thread is going so far

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
What the hell's the matter with your health

Its not as much of a matter of where I am at as in the direction I am going, but its not really important other than to say it is what started my "quest" for spirituallity or search for answers.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
What the hell's the matter with your health

Its not as much of a matter of where I am at as in the direction I am going, but its not really important other than to say it is what started my "quest" for spirituallity or search for answers.

All right, you had me concerned there. I kind of read that you were on your deathbed or something. Well, we're all terminal in the end, I guess. At least we're all going the same direction.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would like to think that we are just visiting or possibly reality hopping.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Hi Amuk!

First off, I want you to know you are in my prayers

Thank you as I said earlier its not really important, right now it is more of a QUAILITY of life thing but it will get worse and worse. I not going toward the light but I can see the tunnel down the road.....LOL

This is a very good question. My personal thoughts are that this could very well be part and parcel of what is referred to as "Judgement Day". And it could be very much more real than just confrontation...imagine feeling all the hurt you have caused others by your acts of inhumanity?

I would think this could be "punishment" or "hell" seeing yourself for who you are and feeling the hurt you have caused others.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I agree the only people who know are dead.

I think that there is nothing after death, you are dead.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, It was a gift to you. You had it before you came here, you have it now and you will still have it when you die. Its not a question of what will happen to you, its a question of what are you going to decide to do. Its up to you.

I'm coming right back. I like it here. The people are nice, the food is excellant and the sex is fantastic. What more could a growing young spirit ask for? It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

You see, it doesn't matter when you are or where you are. It doesn't even matter how you are or why you are. All that matters is who you are and only you can decide that.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There are entire religions and beliefs that would place emphasis on the search for spiritual truth as the goal. The path not the destination.

The principles of alchemy were not to find Gold, but to find your soul in a lifetime journey, to have an audience with your creator. Juddaism, CHristianity, Muslim, Buddhist, Tao, non denominational etc share the same core philosophy; searching for spiritual truth.

Good Journey.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I believe that what happens upon death is shaped by both our conscious and subconcious beliefs. Your beliefs whether you acknowledge them as such will play a significant role in how you percieve the journey.

In a sense we all go to the same place, yet that place will be different for each and everyone of us. I believe in reincarnation. I believe when I die, I will enter some sort of sanctuary, a place for my soul to heal and refresh, some may call that heaven, or have other names for it I don't have one. Anyways you stay in this place where there is no measure of time, you can be reborn the minute after you died in the physical plane or years, even centuries later. I believe that we have no control of this and it is decided by the ultimate consciousness as to when we return.

Well if you believe that earth is the only place capable of life in any form that maybe earth will be your only option, personally I think depending on the level of your enlightment, the earth isn't the only possibilty.

I believe that ghosts (souls) can remain on earth for a short time following their deaths. If not yet reborn they may be able to occassionally visit us in the form of dreams and visions. But I also believe that ghosts in general, those without a soul can be on earth, but I look at them more as a snapshot or a photographic memory that somehow gets trapped in certain locations.

Relations here on earth are not the same as in the afterlife. I believe that if you have the need to reunite with loved one, you will be. We will know each other and many more than we thought we knew because we are all one whether we realize it or not.

mortal relations again can be very tricky. In life we think we cannot live without someone, but yet when they die, we somehow find the strength to go on. Sure it hurts, and we don't forget, but we still live. In the afterlife, we will not feel jealousy or care, because we will realize once again that we are all connected.

But on love, I do believe in a soul mate. Someone that will find you time and time again in life after life. we can discuss soulmates later, my cough is acting up and I want to attempt all your questions.

We all have to deal with our personal demons at point or another, and I believe that if you are guilty of sins, before you pass on, all these demons will surface to confront you before you die.

I believe that if you were a wicked person, your rest would very brief and you more than likely will be brought back in situation in which you will have learn from your errors and hopefully correct it.

Sometimes I like to think that really evil people come back as roaches, just to get stepped on and be born again, forever scurrying around, dying and reborning without a chance to change (but that's my evil mind, I don't speak for god on that
)

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

FIrst off, I would like to say that I am a Christian, so my beliefs come from things that I have read in the Bible.

We do not all go to the same place, but we do go somewhere. It seems to be a kind of 'staging area' for where we will spend eternity. Jesus talked about it in a parable. He told of two men who died, a wholly evil man and that mans servant. While the man was in a place very uncomfortable, he could see across a vast gulf where the servant was being comforted in the bosom of Abraham. A conversation ensued between the man and Abraham and he discloses that he cannot cross the void, nor will he send messages back to the living.

The Bible also talks of a day when all will be judged. It does not say that it will happen as people die, but all at once. It is generally believed that after the millenial reign of Christ and the battle of Armegeddon, there will be a judgement of the people and then we will go to either heaven or hell, based on our decision of if we were going to believe in Christ and his sacrifice for us.

The Bible talks of us coming back to earth, but probably not in the way you are thinking. The dead in Christ will come back to earth with him for his millenial reign in New Jerusalem.

We will be reunited in some way. If you look at the brief talk above about Jesus's parable, some of us will be together and some not, based on our decision. Again, the separation will be known or ba able to be known.

Jesus spoke to this very specifically. The Jews had a very important law during those times; if a man were to die and his wife had bore him no sons to carry on the lineage, she was to be given in marraige to the next available brother of the man, so that the family line would carry on.

Now, there were some who brought a question to Jesus to try and stump him or make him contradict something held true. They talked about a man and wife and the man died without a son and she was givien to the next brother and he died and so on until she had been married to all 7 brothers and none had given a boy. They asked which man she would be married to in heaven.

Jesus answered him that there would be no marraige or giving in marraige in heaven. He said that we would be as the angels. I have not done any real study on this, but do know that the popular opinion is that the angels possess no genitals, so sexual relationships are out of the question.

As for a continuation of the man/wife relationship outside of marraige, the Bible says that there is really only one thing that we will be doing for eternity, and that is singing praises to God. In short, we won't be interested in anything else.

There will not be that kind of thinking going on in heaven. AFter the judgement, we will go to where we will be for eternity. No one will be concerned with what was done to them in life, it will just be too trivial.

I would like to take the time to point out that God does not want anyone to perish, to spend eternity in Hell. He wants all of us to be with him. The problem is that he set down some guidelines for us. Those guidelines were harsha nd unforgiving. They were very hard to follow and not a single person followed them all. There were still those who were righteous in the eyes of God, but since they were still weighted down with their sins, there was not anything that could be done. God sent Jesus to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins and then there came a way for us to enter heaven. Now, there is not a list that we need to perform correctly, there is only a decision that needs to be made - will I accept Him or not.

Jesus made it very clear that those who are not for him are against him. Those who choose to continue practicing sin will be judged accordingly. The Bible says that if a man does not discipline his children, he does not love them.

One last thing, I am a sinner. The apostle Paul said of himself that he was the chief sinner. I commit sin every day. I cannot help it. Jesus was the only perfect being who commited no sin. I just want to make this clear so that the above paragraph makes more sense. I commit sin, but I do not practice sin. I do things that I know I should not do, but I do not plan to do them, my whole self cries out that I should not do it and I feel like the chief sinner after it is done. That is my nature as a human being, but I still believe.

I don't believe I got too far off subject, but I will come back. I hope some of these answers help you. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join