It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universal language exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone, today I'm gonna post something that has been discussed a lot. The universal language is not like the speaking languages we have. It's to have a higher view of a text, a scripture. Every words are a symbol, they all have a second meaning, put some together and they got another meaning. Our alphabet symbols have to be inspired, related to another. And this "another language" also have to be related to an older one. Do this to all our languages today, their root is the same, like our religions.

The universal language is a standart, a concept found in all the universe, in all languages, all symbols. It's a way to comminucate without the need to speak, to hear. Without knowing it, it surrounds us. Let me take an exemple, the binary code:
What you see can be interpreted differently, you can make it a decimal number, an hexadecimal number, maybe a symbol or word in computer meaning. If we go beyond, it can be an image showing a galaxy! Interprete the 0 as a planet and the 1 as space/void. The 0 can be a galaxy, the 1 staying with the same meaning. It can be a goal, the 1 been the path leadings to it, the 0 are the steps. You can also sketch an atom with these 1 and 0. And this only with the binary code, but what about alphabets? You need to go to the origins of the human scripture, to get the first interpretations of symbols aka, the sumerian scripture.

By doing this, you can have the first meanings of most of the symbols we see today. All of them are inspired by the first symbols interpreted by human. But this is only for our civilized alphabets, for native symbols, it's way more older, and way harder. You don't need to know every communication to learn this, but to think differently than what our language is. Universal language is in the letter symbol, in the word symbol, in the sentence symbol, in the paragraph symbol, in the text symbol, in the pattern settle by our ancestors in the caves. Heck, even our gesture are symbols and have multiple meanings.

When I first got told about this language, I didn't understand at all, nothing, it was black. But after studying a little the sumerian scripture and this exemple of the binary code, I started to understand (just a little bit tho) what it is, and think it would interest someone
. Anyway, I'll continue for myself to follow this path of comprehension and wish you a good day!

PS: I have found a good site with the sumerian phonogram alphabet, but I haven't explore all the site, so I don't know if they have pictograms, determinatives and ideograms: www.omniglot.com...
edit on 9 9 2015 by Pouilleux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Zero wasn't invented until at least 1500 years after the Sumerians no longer existed. The Babylonians came up with it around 800 BCE

Before that they just left a space, which wasn't a true zero, but a precursor to it...

So I don't think your idea holds water, sorry

edit on 9-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pouilleux

Surely a universal language would be based upon elements that would be the same, and have the same meaning, regardless of the culture and physical attributes of all language users.

Certain mathematical precepts and the universal constants that they described would be good examples of basic building blocks.

Carl Sagan designed a plaque which was placed on the Pioneer space probes which was based upon this idea. A more comprehensive record was placed on the Voyager probes, but they were based upon the same design.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I wasn't saying that the 0 was sumerian. It was just an exemple, but in fact, it's just a description to an already existing symbol that had many meanings already.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That's really interesting, thank you for the info. I'll look at that for sure!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pouilleux

I wasn't saying that the 0 was sumerian. It was just an exemple, but in fact, it's just a description to an already existing symbol that had many meanings already.

The symbol didn't exist until 800BCE at the earliest, so there's very little point in you pretending otherwise. Mesopotamian mathematics is about the best documented evidence we have of Mesopotamian culture, there's no wiggle room here...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The universal language exist.

Yes, and you started out by abusing it in the title of your OP.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure this form has already existed and being interpreted in human history before that. All is not writen.

Yes, and you started out by abusing it in the title of your OP.

abusing?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure this form has already existed and being interpreted in human history before that. All is not writen.

errr, right ok, so apparently you have just assumed it was around forever.
You didn't even check Wikipedia ?
Wikipedia Zero

Ancient Egyptian numerals were base 10. They used hieroglyphs for the digits and were not positional. By 1740 BC, the Egyptians had a symbol for zero in accounting texts.

By the middle of the 2nd millennium BC, the Babylonian mathematics had a sophisticated sexagesimal positional numeral system. The lack of a positional value (or zero) was indicated by a space between sexagesimal numerals. By 300 BC, a punctuation symbol (two slanted wedges) was co-opted as a placeholder in the same Babylonian system. In a tablet unearthed at Kish (dating from about 700 BC), the scribe Bêl-bân-aplu wrote his zeros with three hooks, rather than two slanted wedges

We are talking about a subject that is completely understood and dated precisely by experts from each relevant culture. Whereas you have assumed
I don't know how to tell you this any other way
YOUR HYPOTHESIS IS NONSENSE...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

so apparently you have just assumed it was around forever

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pouilleux

Are you suggesting that the universal language has always existed in the form of information and that hypothetically all hypthetical life could have access to that same language that anyone with knowledge of said information can convey meaning and understand said meaning? In that case I concur.

However, what that as close to a perfect language would be, remains a riddle for us.

Why are you arguing with him in such a dark tone? He fairly stated that he believes that 0 has always existed as a given positional value. And also said that he knows the sumerians didn't know about it.

Why don't you ask him kindly about what he was trying to convey so you can relate to him instead of straight out opposing him?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3

Why are you arguing with him in such a dark tone? He fairly stated that he believes that 0 has always existed as a given positional value. And also said that he knows the sumerians didn't know about it.

Why don't you ask him kindly about what he was trying to convey so you can relate to him instead of straight out opposing him?

No, he made the claim that the Sumerians didn't know about it after I showed him the Sumerians didn't know about it. Or are you thinking he knew that when he posted a link in to Sumerian language in his OP

He even said

in the pattern settle by our ancestors in the caves.

So he believes zero was around 30,000 years ago
then he made this claim

I started with the dark tone as you describe it because he completely ignored the facts twice.
You can't be nice to ignorance, you clearly know nothing about the history of math yourself to be agreeing with him on anything
here's an idea
Do some research yourself

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

lol
nice one

I hear you though.

I'm adequate, though not by my own standards.

Have a nice evening/night.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You are using one statement "in the pattern settle by our ancestors in the caves." in a isolate way and interprete it differently that what I'm saying in my text, as I wasn't necessarely refering to the 0. And it's not like we have found all the caves where there's pattern on the walls, so yes I presume there can be some with a similar symbol for any reason it can have.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes, a universal language exists.

It's called: $$$$$$

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You are using one statement "in the pattern settle by our ancestors in the caves." in a isolate way and interprete it differently that what I'm saying in my text, as I wasn't necessarely refering to the 0. And it's not like we have found all the caves where there's pattern on the walls, so yes I presume there can be some with a similar symbol for any reason it can have.

But you are using assumption and presumption because you don't know any of the facts.
The evolution of language and mathematics is well understood. You are ignoring that.

So its a bit like claiming, the ancients might have had a 747 passenger aircraft, we don't know because we haven't looked in the caves yet.
The fact is, mathematics existed thousands of years before the invention of zero.
Both the examples I posted earlier clearly show that before the zero there was a placeholder and we absolutely know the dates for that because we have the writings of ancient mathematicians. You are basically saying that the people who invented maths were idiots, because from your perspective, zero already existed thousands of years earlier so if they knew as much as you do then they didn't need to invent it...
Which again. I'm sorry, is nonsense.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
In the field of neuroscience it has been argued that language is a "phyletic memory" which means it is an attribute that is built-in to the human brain. Researchers found constants among all languages that insist there is some sort of innate wiring in our brain that was made for language.

"Language is strictly a structure-dependent function, and the structure of language must conform to grammatical rules. in accord with these rules, a sentence can undergo innumerable changes in its superficial structure while preserving its meaning. Hence the epithet transformation, which has also been applied to universal grammar."

from "Cortex and Mind"

Another example of a not-so-commonly known phyletic memory is walking. Sure enough, we are born "knowing" how to walk, it was programmed into our spinal cords... it is just a matter of obtaining the necessary leg strength to support the weight of the body... and viola... you have walking. To test this, they hovered infants over treadmills, and the walking motion was revealed.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You are assuming that I pretend the people who invented maths are idiots. You are interpreting my words as these. It's you that take it negatively and try to convince me of your belief. The difference is that you use facts and I use my instinct and logic. And why not? Maybe the ancients actually do had a 747 passenger aircraft!

Cooperton: I agree that it's in our ADN to have a common way of communicating each others as a species.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hold a glimmer of hope for alternatives, I really do. But you've run square into a stone wall here my friend.

I'd suggest reading some of Marduk's threads and posts. The guy is exceptionally knowledgeable where the Sumerians are concerned, however abrasive he may be. That's not a knock against him though, I've read his reasons for this and I have to say I can't blame him. ( sorry for speaking for you Marduk and I swear I'm not following you, lol ).

It's OK if your theory is incomplete or incorrect. We're all here to learn. Embrace it, friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join