It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for entropy in virus genome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Earth isn't going to last long enough to see universal entropy play out, so it's not exactly the same thing. Life on Earth is working toward order, which is why genes are constantly reorganized and physiology is changed. The Earth started out as unorganized magma forming into a ball: disorder into order. The same goes for life on Earth: from disorder to order.

The more genes you have the more chaotic your genetics are, the less genes you have the less chaotic your genetics are. Your example is not an example of entropy but the opposite.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

all matter has entropy. All matter is slowly draining of energy. If there is no method of energy being regenerated through a cosmic method then all the energy that forms our universe and can reform again into a smaller universe and then reform again into a smaller universe because entropy is constantly draining so eventually no universe will exist at all because of there being no method of regenerating.

If the universe is 13 billion years old then we're a little late to the party if this is all that's left after a finite explosion. But i personally believe the universe has a regenerative process. I believe that at the center of every galaxy is a dense cluster of matter so compressed its that matter is fused by its pressure the shattered remains of matter is bound against magnetic oritentation. Imagine magnetic opposites being fused together where pressure overcomes micro-magnetic alignment. All matter aligns based on force pairing. I blieve when a force overcomes it's natural ability to repel it becomes neutralized under such pressures. Under something as powerful as a black hole, i would imagine is is a solid object. I blieve that gravity is a product of matter generating and recieving connecting force. A connecting force is generated by entropy through expelling energy. Something that cannot expell energy such as dark energy generates zero point energy because the single fragments are no longer vibrating but are building up potencial energy.

I just think the Universe has been doing this for a long time and all matter is eternal in the sense that it goes from being physical matter to being compressed dark energy and then injected into space by gamma rays from the nuclear furnace.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX To add, evolution is the survival of the fittest. Human can be wipped out by something and cockroach survive. The fittest would be the cockroach and not the human. It's sad, but "evolution" is not going toward "your ideal" but the environnement "ideal".

If a shark gets beached on dry land he dies. Abrupt environment change. The crab walks right by him unaffected because there was no abrupt environmental change for the crab, it is used to walking on the beach.

The crab and the shark didn't just display survival of the fittest, it was a bad roll of the dice for the shark and just an average roll for the crab.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Our sun came from an exploding star. That exploding star was unorganized energy and gas floating every which-way, yet it eventually became ordered and turned into the solar system we see today. If entropy was universal on every single scale possible, there wouldn't be a universe at all and galaxies would have never formed.

Gravity is constant, it does not experience entropy. It is what turned those unorganized gases and particles into the solar system we see today. The same goes for evolution, there is an invisible force that is "directing" it in a certain way, that invisible force is the awareness of the life experiencing its environment. Just as the invisible force of gravity fights against entropy, so does our awareness fight against entropy.

There is order in our solar system, and that order came from the disorder of an exploding star.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yep, evolution is a series of lucky rolls. My example is for two different species, but within the same species caracteristics varies, and some caracteristics can give advantage for an individue inside hes populations. Exemple, in a population of bird a bird with blue feet have more chance to mate with a female. So with time, the whole species will have blue feet, with some exeption the unlucky that won't reproduce because female dislike them. But a new species is introduced and hunt only the bird with blue feet. The unlucky (none blue feet) one have now the chance to mate and will push the population to have none-blue feet.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

yeah that thinking about survival of the fittest isn't truthful to our ecosystem right now.

all life depends on other life in a very symbiotic way. many plants we eat we kill to eat but there are many that don't die from us taking. We have symbiotic relationships with multiple plant species that have been a part of US humans as a species for millions of years. Dogs and many other animals were programmed through what ever method to become symbiotically attached to us. I personally believe it was done as a gift from the gods. But either way, many animals need each other symbiotically. That's how an ecosystem works. There is no survival of the fittest. What happens to the mosquito happens to the spiders, what happens to the spiders happens to the bugs, the bugs devour all plant matter. What effects the plants effects our air, and this the survival of the fittest crumbles.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Why do you attempt so hard to disprove evolution? despite yourself not even understanding the basics? Is it your religious beliefs?.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And, let me add. The virus that you are comparing in this thread have more differences than your shark and your crab...
edit on 9-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

all matter has entropy. All matter is slowly draining of energy. If there is no method of energy being regenerated through a cosmic method then all the energy that forms our universe and can reform again into a smaller universe and then reform again into a smaller universe because entropy is constantly draining so eventually no universe will exist at all because of there being no method of regenerating.

If the universe is 13 billion years old then we're a little late to the party if this is all that's left after a finite explosion. But i personally believe the universe has a regenerative process. I believe that at the center of every galaxy is a dense cluster of matter so compressed its that matter is fused by its pressure the shattered remains of matter is bound against magnetic oritentation. Imagine magnetic opposites being fused together where pressure overcomes micro-magnetic alignment. All matter aligns based on force pairing. I blieve when a force overcomes it's natural ability to repel it becomes neutralized under such pressures. Under something as powerful as a black hole, i would imagine is is a solid object. I blieve that gravity is a product of matter generating and recieving connecting force. A connecting force is generated by entropy through expelling energy. Something that cannot expell energy such as dark energy generates zero point energy because the single fragments are no longer vibrating but are building up potencial energy.

I just think the Universe has been doing this for a long time and all matter is eternal in the sense that it goes from being physical matter to being compressed dark energy and then injected into space by gamma rays from the nuclear furnace.

The current string theory says everything is just vibrating strings.
The singularity at the bottom of a black hole is best described as an infinitely small circumference. A circumference implies a border or boundary. An infinitely small boundary filled with vibrating strings with the potential to be everything, all the forces, the fabric of space, energy and matter (of all that went into the black hole), a singularity that exists in 11 dimensions, that if released would collapse into 4 dimensions and the stuff of the universe. If a black hole at the center of a galaxy were released, the rapid expansion of space would blow the galaxy apart, perhaps to be the stuff of new galaxies.

At least that is how I understand it at the current time.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

yes matter does recycle itself, Im saying that matter also recycles from a decayed state. When matter runs out of energy that force that is generating the connecting qualities of physical matter fluctuates. To the point where it connects to frequencys of other matter and are pulled to them. My belief is that the ratio of dark energy to regular matter would mean it takes longer for matter to recover enough energy to become active physical matter. The darkness is just inactivated sleeping matter. Like the universe resting. And all the physical matter in the universe is awake. Metaphorically speaking. i think matter has always been cycling from exploding and expressing the potencial energy from being bound for billions of years in the state of dark energy. Where charged dark energy explodes from the power of the fragments generation to much potencial energy. And all physical matter is the remnant of that explosive energy dissipating slowly through entropy.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I also find your avatar Ironic...Sheeple?.
Coming from one who belongs in a flock, shepherded into church and bleats nonsense....

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yes but all matter requires oscillation to function. Everything physical scales down smaller and smaller. Within the orbiting circumference of an atom is electrons protons and neutrals all acting as individual magnetic forces. Neutrons are highly compressed masses of both protons and electrons which is why they connect to both protons and electrons because they are densely coupled orbiting geometric formations of smaller and smaller fragments of matter that even have smaller fragments of matter oscillating within them. Once you generate a particle that is absolutely solid, it cannot act in this way that generates movement, and movement is what expends energy to the point where oscillation occurs.

So Dark energy is non oscillated highly compressed matter that cannot generate connecting forces. Because momentum is required to use potential energy. That's what believe anyways.
edit on pm90000003015Wed, 09 Sep 2015 22:03:43 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: AnuTyr

Our sun came from an exploding star. That exploding star was unorganized energy and gas floating every which-way, yet it eventually became ordered and turned into the solar system we see today. If entropy was universal on every single scale possible, there wouldn't be a universe at all and galaxies would have never formed.

Gravity is constant, it does not experience entropy. It is what turned those unorganized gases and particles into the solar system we see today. The same goes for evolution, there is an invisible force that is "directing" it in a certain way, that invisible force is the awareness of the life experiencing its environment. Just as the invisible force of gravity fights against entropy, so does our awareness fight against entropy.

There is order in our solar system, and that order came from the disorder of an exploding star.

Gravity is the curvature of space time.
It has no bearing on the subject of entropy. Although if you were to measure over time a mass in space, it would over time have less mass therefore curving space less.
In that way you are measuring an ordered system of a planet that started as a collection of space dust, ordered into a spherical mass then entropy towards disorder. It would not gain more order infinitely, it would eventually cease to have order, and therefore cease to curve space time.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I also find your avatar Ironic...Sheeple?.
Coming from one who belongs in a flock, shepherded into church and bleats nonsense....

Your personal attacks are a win win for the OP, every single time.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

i think the mass of matter changes because the osscilation and collection of orbiting fragments of mass fluctuates. Once you minus a certain amount of electrons, Or electrons get reabsorbed into protons of neutrons the energy that depletes changes which charges these charges will interact with. Because not every electron holds the same variable totality of energy.

That in mind, i believe the universe is constantly expanding over-energy inflated dark energy. Shooting super charged particles off in random space. Which then recollect into gas clouds and form galaxies or join already created galaxies based on their gravity ( Any of the magnetic forces that connects to it and pulls it first)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Care to answer my question then?.
Oh and it is ironic even If you can not see it.
Why do you always make a thread attempting to disprove evolution but end up just failing every time?. Is it to do with your religion? does evolution make your club null and void?.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Yes but all matter requires oscillation to function. Everything physical scales down smaller and smaller. Within the orbiting circumference of an atom is electrons protons and neutrals all acting as individual magnetic forces. Neutrons are highly compressed masses of both protons and electrons which is why they connect to both protons and electrons because they are densely coupled orbiting geometric formations of smaller and smaller fragments of matter that even have smaller fragments of matter oscillating within them. Once you generate a particle that is absolutely solid, it cannot act in this way that generates movement, and movement is what expends energy to the point where oscillation occurs.

So Dark energy is non oscillated highly compressed matter that cannot generate connecting forces. Because momentum is required to use potential energy. That's what believe anyways.

To give an idea of scale in string theory for strings...
To go from an apple on the ground to viewing a neutron in the apple is 8 orders of magnitude Fermi scale. To go from the neutron to see the string, you need to go down another 9 orders of magnitude Fermi scale. That is like way way small, the stuff that makes stuff that makes parts of atoms before anything has mass.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Entropy leads to order, not disorder. More energy in a system creates more disorder. Imagine a classroom or third-graders who are each given a can of Mt. Dew. That added energy will turn the classroom into a zoo until the energy is gone and the classroom is in order again.

The sun has been an ever-flowing can of Mt. Dew since life began. Even when catastrophic events like giant meteors or volcanic eruptions wipe out nearly every bit of life on earth, life finds a way to come back as strong as ever. Entropy is a non-issue for life on earth as long as the sun keeps pouring energy onto earths surface.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
Entropy leads to order, not disorder.

You got stars for that?

Entropy - a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder

Can I get stars for saying the earth is flat too?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Entropy can lead to order as well.

ANN ARBOR, Mich.—Researchers trying to herd tiny particles into useful ordered formations have found an unlikely ally: entropy, a tendency generally described as "disorder."

Computer simulations by University of Michigan scientists and engineers show that the property can nudge particles to form organized structures. By analyzing the shapes of the particles beforehand, they can even predict what kinds of structures will form.

Source

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join