It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors: Resolution to Impeach EPA Head To Be Introduced in Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ain't this a kick in the butt! Well people I know I feel safer that the EPA is looking out for us, and taking care of the planet. Why yes people it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing the experts are on the job. Come on now people 3 million gallons of toxic waste by a little EPA faux pas is just a minor event. Just a fluke I say, and pay no attention those congressional hearings with tag lines of HIGH CRIMES and MISDEMEANORS.

Administrator McCarthy committed perjury and made several false statements at multiple congressional hearings, and as a result, is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors—an impeachable offense," the letter written by Gosar states. "Perjury and making false statements to Congress are an affront to the fundamental principles of our republic and the rule of law, and such behavior cannot be tolerated. This bill holds Administrator McCarthy accountable for her blatant deceptions and unlawful conduct."

What's this mess gonna end up costing us?

And for the love of Gaia please don't pay any attention to the EPA trying to cover it's own behind.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow congress might almost look like it's doing something.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So they'll replace one blood thirsty unelected tyrant with another.

Beware middle management types bearing clip boards, lanyards, and khaki pants. The all love pressing that boot against your neck. Each one pressing down harder than the last.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
She didn't read the book !!

Now McCarthy is doing what the Administration is guilty of.

ONCE THERE WAS a little Dutch boy who discovered a leak in the dike.

What should he do? From a single leak, a terrible breach might grow. The whole country could be flooded, and everyone he knew would drown.

THE LITTLE DUTCH BOY WHO SAVED HOLLAND

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When I was young we had OSHA "looking out for us". At work we were supposed to report any violations of toxins in the work place that we saw to a phone number. It was supposed to be anonymous reporting to protect the person calling it in. One day we called them to report the wave solder machine was always filling the building with smoke because they weren't venting to the outdoors. All the people at OSHA wanted to know was the persons employee number that was making the report.

Despite repeated day after day calling this in, they refused to act on the reports until they had an employee number. The day the person finally gave that up, the company fired them on the spot.

This was a long time ago, but I stopped believing watch dog agencies were there to protect workers, they were there to identify whistle blowers.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Perfect example.

A nation of hall monitors.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Being downstream of that little leak, I am ingesting the heavy metals and toxins as I write (slurp). I'm betting some cancer will grow in my gut soon as a result and make this spill quite relevant to me... and others.

Now, we all know govt needs watching ... accountability.

It, at least, looks like some accountability is being done... how are we sure? Through a little, under appreciated, under paid, 4th estate (or is it 5th or 6th now?) called Journalism. Same way we even saw this debacle play out.

Unfortunately, folks just aren't accountable on their own... and I'm not up for a wild west capitalistic orgy like China... so I'll keep the EPA, thanks, and hope the press's pressure and voter's attention work in tandem to keep 'em honest... or as honest as politicians and bureaucrats can be.

But I feel ya... a thorough housecleaning has been needed for some time, now. Wouldn't hurt to clean the water, either... and the air... sigh.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
When I was young we had OSHA "looking out for us". At work we were supposed to report any violations of toxins in the work place that we saw to a phone number. It was supposed to be anonymous reporting to protect the person calling it in. One day we called them to report the wave solder machine was always filling the building with smoke because they weren't venting to the outdoors. All the people at OSHA wanted to know was the persons employee number that was making the report.

Despite repeated day after day calling this in, they refused to act on the reports until they had an employee number. The day the person finally gave that up, the company fired them on the spot.

This was a long time ago, but I stopped believing watch dog agencies were there to protect workers, they were there to identify whistle blowers.

The US's history with whistle blowers is long and bloody. One of Obama's biggest campaign promises was that he would bring about some whistleblower protections, but he did just the opposite and we have very visible cases of it such as Snowden who couldn't even remain in the country because there weren't enough protections in place to ensure he wouldn't be tortured, much less simply given a day in court.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Not only Snowden (who can never come home), but Manning (persecuted and in prison) and Assange, hiding for his life in an Embassy.

The real whistle blower gets punished. Corporations rule.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm sure there are some intricacies and nuances that you're withholding to protect your privacy, which is perfectly acceptable, but just from the snippet you've provided it sounds more like the company you worked for was the one who set up the number and either A) deceived the employees into thinking it was OSHA or B) was working with OSHA to cover up hazardous working conditions. Either of the those options screams illegal. Just from your paragraph I'd blame the company over OSHA any day.

As to the OP, thehill.com has a write up as well;

In each case, McCarthy was discussing the agency’s rule expanding its regulatory power over waterways, something Gosar and other Republicans deeply opposed.

Many of Gosar’s accusations center around disagreements between the EPA and the Army Corps of Engineers — the two agencies that wrote the water rule — and the way McCarthy discussed the formulation of the rule during her testimony.

I don't expect the bill to go anywhere. More GOP grandstanding to make it appear to the base like they're doing something worthwhile instead of more important things like...you know...writing a budget (we're facing another government shutdown, yay)or dealing with the tens of thousands of Syrian refugees (who we're obligated to take in under international law) or fixing the numerous issues at the VA (how many veterans have died waiting for care this year?). The EPA's establishment of a 4,000 foot rule is a joke compared to our real problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

The EPA's establishment of a 4,000 foot rule is a joke compared to our real problems.

Actually, the EPA's attempt at a 4,000 foot rule is a joke. Period.

Along with the decoy word "navigable", which was a red herring
all along and then removed from the language at the last hour.

But yeah..in light of the new law...The EPA should be fined according
its own standard under the Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule for
its purposeful contamination, every day until they have fixed the
problem.
edit on 10-9-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

it sounds more like the company you worked for was the one who set up the number and either A) deceived the employees into thinking it was OSHA or B) was working with OSHA to cover up hazardous working conditions.

B)

This was back when companies used open wave solider machines, solder stations and vapor degreasers on the main floor of manufacturing.

Back then In Silicon Valley there were companies dumping their chip making runoff directly in to the ground on site. Signetics comes to mind. There was all this flap abut health and OSHA visited, playing like they were caring and all.

We knew how toxic the stuff was, they played like there wasn't anything to worry about. But insisted we call when we saw 'violations'.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's a nice start, but if Congress doesn't replace her with someone not hateful of development and progress to the point of blunt obstructionist, who is on a short leash that can and will be violently snapped back any time they allow the agency to veer from the American Peoples' heel, it's all for nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Another interesting EPA boondoggle ....

Alert the media! The Environmental Protection Agency has been releasing a carcinogen into a creek in upstate, New York. This has been going on for months, and the EPA continues to ignore a local officials pleas to stop releasing the dangerous chemical until tests are conducted. I wrote about it for Watchdog Arena.

According to the EPA, the solvent 1,4 dioxane is a carcinogen; however, for months the agency has been releasing the solvent into the Valatie Kill creek from the Dewey Loeffel Superfund site in upstate New York.

EPA Dumping Known Carcinogen Into New York Stream

"Valatie Kill creek" ???

These ironic names are crazy. Doesn't the EPA even think anymore?

top topics

join