It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I ‘always felt that I was in the military’ at military school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: buster2010

What experience does the current Potus have or had prior?

he doesn't have any...but, he had the good judgment to not try and insinuate (lie) that he did.....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Personally, I'd have preferred he lied about his military service over that "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" crap. And the other 4,916 lies about the ACA.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Do the lies really make a difference?

Or is a lie a lie?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Show me someone who never told one and we'll take it from there.

Not all lies are equal.

"You don't look fat in those jeans."

"You can keep your doctor."

"I was in the military."

Which of those is most harmful?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So you consider his lie a little white lie?

Huh, didn't know saying you are better trained then some military folks is like telling your wife the jeans don't make her look fat...

I won't say I never lied, far from it.
But lets not play this game of "Obama lied worse" when they are both lying.
At least barry some what apologized for his, albeit after some tooth pulling.
www.politifact.com...

"We weren’t as clear as we needed to be in terms of the changes that were taking place, and I want to do everything we can to make sure that people are finding themselves in a good position, a better position than they were before this law happened. And I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he said.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I don't know that Trump's comment was a lie. I'm not familiar with the training he received, or what the training in the military would've looked like at the time Trump was in school. Some of those military schools can (I'm told) be pretty hard core and almost all of them I'm aware of are run and staffed by ex military.

I sure never mentioned my wife, (or any other female) but I think it's entirely possible that Trump's comment may be less of a falsehood than telling say, Chris Christie that those rodeo clown pleated pants don't make him look a little bloated. Like maybe he's retaining water.

Lake Michigan.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

He said that he has more training then some people in the military, and because of that he has always felt he was in the military.
He went to a high end military prep school.
www.ew.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

“My classmates and most people that I know find it to be funny because there is no comparison to the real military,” said Augusto Esclusa, a member of the class of ‘85.

And I know you didn't talk about your wife, that wasn't what I was saying.
Was asking if you are implying that what Trump said is the same as some one lying about jeans make making people look fat.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Let's not discount how Trump 'feels'. I think it's evident in the current environment the feelies 'trump' everything else.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

He lied, I guess for some reason you don't want to accept that.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

He said he felt like he was in the military. You know he didn't feel like he was in the military?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

He said he felt like he was in the military. You know he didn't feel like he was in the military?

You can lie about your feelings....

ex... nah baby, I love you, I'll call you later!

Trump and his devotees will believe anything he says because the cult of personality has clouded their vision so badly they can't see what a parody of himself he has become. The entire American political system has become some ridiculous parody. Trump is the perfect candidate.

“The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation.”
― Cheryl Hughes

edit on 16-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

He said that he has more training then some people in the military, and because of that he has always felt he was in the military.
He went to a high end military prep school.
www.ew.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

“My classmates and most people that I know find it to be funny because there is no comparison to the real military,” said Augusto Esclusa, a member of the class of ‘85.

I have explained this already, Donald Trumps graduation date from NYMA predates the "Reserve Officer Training Corps Vitalization Act of 1964". So, comparisons about "what he did" while at the Military Academy and "what it counts for" is most definitely from another era, that few, if any, are familiar with today. Both men referenced in the article, Spencer Tunick and Augusto Esclusa graduated in 1985. I can GUARANTEE, at the very least, that the hazing, marksmanship training and PT in 1985 was not even close to a quarter of what it was in 1964. Also, looking at Augusto's Linkedin account, he does not appear to have served in the Armed Forces, so what is he basing his opinion on? Same goes for Spencer Tunick, who is now a photographer.

originally posted by: yeahright
I don't know that Trump's comment was a lie. I'm not familiar with the training he received, or what the training in the military would've looked like at the time Trump was in school. Some of those military schools can (I'm told) be pretty hard core and almost all of them I'm aware of are run and staffed by ex military.

If there were a way to look up past Commandant's of NYMA, it would be quite easy to surmise how much more difficult it was to attend that school in 1964, but, I'll admit, we don't have that information. Also, I'm not sure Trump said that he had "more training" than some people in the military, but even if he did make such a statement, HE DID HAVE MORE TRAINING than a majority of the folks entering the CONSCRIPTION based RESERVE army that existed in 1964.
edit on 16-9-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join