It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I ‘always felt that I was in the military’ at military school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Trump: I ‘always felt that I was in the military’ at military school

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump reportedly told the author of a forthcoming biography that while he never served in the military, he “always felt” that he had because he attended a military-themed prep school that gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.” According to the New York Times, which received an advance copy of Michael D’Antonio’s “Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success,” the real estate mogul feels his experience at New York Military Academy, a boarding school in Cornwall-on-Hudson, N.Y., to being in the military, in part because he wore a uniform and participated in marching drills, and because some of his instructors had served in the military.

So this draft dodging commander in chief wannabe thinks that some babysitting school for little rich bad boys is the equal or even more intense than the training that those of us that actually went into the military received? How can anyone take this person seriously? He is constantly putting his foot in his mouth and is clueless on basically everything. If you read the article you can see he knows nothing about foreign policy when it comes to people that America has labeled terrorist such as Hezbollah head Hassan Nasrallah and Iranian Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani. The people that supports this person for President needs a serious reality check.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What experience does the current Potus have or had prior?

edit on 9-9-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
He probably also felt like he was a 5-star general. Hell, he probably felt like he was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Trump don't stand a chance in hell at getting elected according to many on the Left and Right from what I have been seeing posted here.

So if he don't stand a chance in hell? Why ya'll giving him so much publicity?

You do realize whether your Republican or Democrat that the whole political system in this country has so many people pissed off that they are figuring if we are going to be screwed anyways, we might as well vote for someone who at least makes it feel more enjoyable?

Our government has become a joke that isn't funny anymore. At least Trump makes our political system hilarious?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Trump gained his thousand yard stare by looking at an eastern European girl from 1,000 yards away, screamed "incoming" when throwing a ball to the first baseman, held a dying buddies head in his hand (or at least a drunk buddies hand in the head). Trump was shell shocked during his military experience, but laughed when he found who'd electrified the oyster shell (praise the lord and pass the caviar, Sarge).
edit on 9-9-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
He felt like he was in the military. Watch out now, because if he felt like it, then he was. You are what you feel like, right?

Not only was he in the military because he felt like it, he was a hero because he wasn't captured.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I always felt like I was in the Army...Because I'm in the effing Army.

God I hate Trump.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am never surprised when Donald Trump opens his mouth and says something really stupid.

I am always astounded when he does it and people are surprised.

(For that matter, the same statements apply to all politicians.)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

It's only a matter of time before his words come back to bite him in the ass. In many ways, Trump is his own worst enemy.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

At least he held office before winning President as far as the military goes it's his fault for not being old to be a draft dodger like Donnie.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What branch of the service was Bernie Sanders in?

Just curious since I know you support Bernie from other posts you have made and apparently military service is so important to you in a candidate.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Lol okay, but it's fine to think your a girl when your a boy or black when you are white but god forbid it's not okay to pretend to be something else if your Trump.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
it's his fault for not being old to be a draft dodger like Donnie.

If you're drafted and don't go, you're a draft dodger. If you leave the country prior to being drafted to avoid the draft, you're a draft dodger. Trump had a high lottery number. So did I. I sure don't feel like a draft dodger.

Of all the things you can say about Trump, I don't think draft dodger is one of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

none and he doesn't pretend to have "felt like he was there" he doesn't throw jabs regarding the captivity of pow's either. love him or hate him obama has more class in his pinky than trump has in his whole body.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: buster2010
it's his fault for not being old to be a draft dodger like Donnie.

If you're drafted and don't go, you're a draft dodger. If you leave the country prior to being drafted to avoid the draft, you're a draft dodger. Trump had a high lottery number. So did I. I sure don't feel like a draft dodger.

Of all the things you can say about Trump, I don't think draft dodger is one of them.

hahaha if he was such a tough guy that "felt like he was in the miitary" i'm sure he could have toughed it out in the actual military and on to vietnam and not used several student deferments and a medical exemption for "bone spurs" to avoid service.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Trumps a changeling. The ability to shape shift his position in an instant, depending on the demographic he is addressing. He's good at it because he can lie in an instant, giving the impression he is truthful to everyone listening.

Like a chameleon, he changes colors to blend in with the background, but most understand that underneath the camouflage coloring, he's just a lizard.

Cold blooded, quick to react, only eating meat.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

none and he doesn't pretend to have "felt like he was there" he doesn't throw jabs regarding the captivity of pow's either. love him or hate him obama has more class in his pinky than trump has in his whole body.

Really? What has Obama or John McCain or anyone else in our government done to change how the VA has been treating our Veterans?

OH sure they ALL take every opportunity they have to grandstand and say how THEY respect those they sent off to war, and were killed or maimed, but actions speak louder than words! Not a damn thing has changed at the VA since the last time we saw our politicians of BOTH parties stand up in outrage to those they serve, saying they will fix the problem.

It's a cycle of BS! The politicians care about the money from Defense Contractors PERIOD!

My solution? Those who make money off of war, should be those who pay for the medical care of those who do their dirty work! Not the tax payers who have no say in who our government decides to murder!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

"I was given the biggest award by the Marines the other day, one of the biggest civilian awards by the Marines the other day," Trump said. "I was with all of the Marines, I was with the new head of the joint chiefs of staff, he's a very impressive guy, at the Waldorf Astoria the other night. I was given one of the most distinguished awards, which was a great honor for me.

He was with all of the Marines, and they gave him an award. He said it. Not me.

Nope. He lies. That's when he's not being purposely vague. The award was from a civilian organisation, and he could not have possibly been there with 'all' the Marines.

If you think he'll solve your problems because, he's "a smart guy" or because "he would hire good people" but still don't know any more than that, you deserve him. Someone else who has no idea what it means to be a part of a government.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
After watching "Lets be cops" I felt I was one as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
What branch of the service was Bernie Sanders in?

Just curious since I know you support Bernie from other posts you have made and apparently military service is so important to you in a candidate.

It's not that military service is important, it's that lying or saying insensitive things about it is important and being willing to have thousands of our service men and women killed in the middle east and not giving the military more benefits, especially after being wounded in service. That's what's important.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join