It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitution Fail - Why you keep doing it and how to prevent it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We are all so damned divided that at this point in time where our national debt is unpayable and our jobs suck so bad the people who work minimum wage jobs are demanding a wage unrealistic for their skills, that anyone not prepping for a societal breakdown has their head in the sand?

Seriously.

With EVERYTHING going on in the world, and epic problems here how the hell does 'gay marriage' even rate in the top 50.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It shouldn't but as long as people are denying people their rights it will be a story.
It sure is a story to the people it effects but It doesn't effect you so why should anyone care?.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You forgot xenophobes.
Some even will allow the Government to take away their rights to control the foreigners won't they?.
Papers please.

Don't joke! Your in the EU right?

Give it a month or two and let's see how critical you are when you judge us!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We are all so damned divided that at this point in time where our national debt is unpayable and our jobs suck so bad the people who work minimum wage jobs are demanding a wage unrealistic for their skills, that anyone not prepping for a societal breakdown has their head in the sand?

Seriously.

With EVERYTHING going on in the world, and epic problems here how the hell does 'gay marriage' even rate in the top 50.

It rates because it can be used to further divide those who are gullible enough to buy into it!

When do lawyers do free work if it isn't political?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It sure is a story to the people it effects but It doesn't effect you so why should anyone care?.

Oh I am effected everyday by the tens of thousands of REGULATIONS/LAWS that effect business,finance, and firearms.

But that bigotry is perfectly acceptable.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Will you answer the question I posed in another thread then? or skirt around it again?
Do you wish mandatory ID's and police powers to stop and ask for them?.
Because that is a front against freedom in my book.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Will you answer the question I posed in another thread then? or skirt around it again?
Do you wish mandatory ID's and police powers to stop and ask for them?.
Because that is a front against freedom in my book.

They already exist here in America.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No it is not mandatory to carry an ID card.
Again dodging the question.
It is simply yes or no.
Going to the right thread to continue this one but I doubt you will answer truthfully.
edit on 9-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It is simply yes or no.

No he is not dodging the question!

Do you realize that in the US if a driver of a vehicle fails to use their turn signal that when the police pull the car over that they will and CAN pull every passenger out of the car and search them?

It happens on a daily basis! The driver screwed up there for everyone in the car can be searched and if they happen to have drugs on them BOOM! Arrested!

Get the picture yet?

As much as you may want to believe we are heartless? We are not! This is a reality that you don't live nor understand!

edit on 9-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Not everyone drives....
Yes he is.
I understand drivers have to have a licence on them at all times but I'm asking If he wants a mandatory ID card which must be carried at all times driving or not.
So keep dodging the question it just shows him to be a hypocrite...bleating freedoms when the only freedoms he cares about is his own.
I'm out.
edit on 9-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It is simply yes or no.
Going to the right thread to continue this one but I doubt you will answer truthfully.

It may not be mandatory, but try doing anything serious without some form of ID on your person. Heck, even if you carry a credit or debit card, the clerk is within their rights to ask for a valid ID to check the signature on the back of the card to make sure it is yours.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So keep dodging the question it just shows him to be a hypocrite...bleating freedoms when the only freedoms he cares about is his own. I'm out.

Doesn't 'make' me a hypocrite. What it does make me a normal American that basically HAS to carry ID to do anything in this country.

And like I said in that other thread a MANDATORY ID card was created back with social security.

But hey now Imma 'hypocrite'.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not everyone drives....
Yes he is.
I understand drivers have to have a licence on them at all times but I'm asking If he wants a mandatory ID card which must be carried at all times driving or not.
So keep dodging the question it just shows him to be a hypocrite...bleating freedoms when the only freedoms he cares about is his own.
I'm out.

Without an ID card in the US? Expect to go to jail until they figure out who the hell you are! But yet to ask someone here illegally for their papers is offensive to the Progressive Democrats!

You accuse Neo of dodging your question yet you dodged my answer for telling you if a driver makes a traffic infraction that the police can pull passengers out of the car for a body pat down and arrest them if they have a joint in their pocket.
Yet citizens are pricks for getting pissed at those who think it is wrong to ask those here illegally for their papers?

No sympathy here and hell will freeze over before I get that damned stupid to stand up for someone who isn't a citizen and here illegally that gets more rights than I do as a tax paying citizen!

Edit: Boymonkey? Do the police in your country pull everyone out of the car and ask them for their ID and pat them down if the driver of the car makes a traffic infraction?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
My own mother who is educated called me crazy when I told her the Constitution limits the power of government, not the people.

What do you mean, "not the people?" Is it not possible for one person to violate another's rights?

If rights are inalienable, then the Constitution was intended to limit the power of "any entity" that would attempt to infringe upon these rights, including people.

edit on 9-9-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Without an ID card in the US?

Without an ID and someone is in an accident how the hell the police gonna notify next of kin?

LOL.

Almost everyone I know carries ID for a variety of reasons.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Without an ID card in the US?

Without an ID and someone is in an accident how the hell the police gonna notify next of kin?

LOL.

Almost everyone I know carries ID for a variety of reasons.

I have grey hair, a long beard, and clerks in our stores are required to ask for my ID so they can enter my number in the computer if I want to buy a pack of smokes!

I roll my own so I don't have to deal with it.

I know Boymonkey isn't a bad dude, I just do not think he understands why we feel the way we do across the pond?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So you do want mandatory ID cards issued by the Government and the police powers to stop and ask for them?.
My question is not about people having ID for various things it is about the government bringing in mandatory ones which you must carry.
The USA does not have these yet.
Yes or no?.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Hell I have to produce ID to buy a firearm.

It's MANDATORY.

Need one to open up a bank account. Mandatory.

Need one MORE IDS just to GET an ID at the DMV. LOL.

Dunno where the communication failure is.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

My question is not about people having ID for various things it is about the government bringing in mandatory ones which you must carry.

Which I have said, and will say AGAIN did over 70 YEARS ago with the social security card.

So WHAT IS THE issue?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So you do want mandatory ID cards issued by the Government and the police powers to stop and ask for them?.
The USA does not have these yet.
Yes or no?.

Yes! They are called drivers license! If you don't drive you get an ID card to prove who you are. Without and ID? The police have the authority to hold you until they can verify who you are!

Are you starting to understand why we are pissed that those here illegally have more rights than we do?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join