It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Okay, I'm sure that some members know me, and they'll know that I'm not one to post numerous accounts of weird things, nor do I post anything I think is untrue or misleading. So please believe this -

I'll keep it short and basic, I was lying in bed, around 2 - 3 am I think, I wasn't tired like usual (I rarely go to bed before 4) so I was watching BBC News 24. like usual.

Well, to put it bluntly, the female news reader on the TV suddenly started speaking like a devil. I was shocked, and I'm not too macho to admit, it put the heeby jeebys up me. After the inital shock I thought it could have been a technical problem with the sound (although what I heard, I know wasn't technical....but I needed reasurance if I was going to sleep.) Anyway, I turned it over straight away, I was terrified. There was some program about the countryside or something, so I left that on and lay back down. And then I heard thatd "demonish" voice again coming from the people (an old man and an oldish woman) on the TV. It was only for about 5 seconds and came when they were talking to. I don't know if it was just pure terror or not, but both times I heard that voice it felt like my ears were trying to cave themselves in and I felt dizzy.

Well, it seems less creepy now in broad daylight but last night it was alarming to say the least. Anyone had this happen to them or want to offer an opinion (cynical or otherwise).

Hmmm..

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, I surely believe you because you tell nothing, but the truth. I think you are not a liar.

So let's see the facts: You were either dreaming, or you have gone nuts... considering that you tell the truth... !

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If your overly tired, the mind can play tricks and you can believe you hear things, when , in actuality, they are just common noises around the house.

For example: I have this huge weeping willow tree right outside my bedroom that sounds like a woman screaming sometimes. Upon further investigation, it is just occurs when the wind is very strong. But, when I first heard it, I was scared beyond belief.

Have you ruled out all the logical stuff?

B56

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't that commercial for a video game, in which the woman suddenly hasa deep "demonic" voice???

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If it happens again, you might want to get a checkup.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blend56
If your overly tired, the mind can play tricks and you can believe you hear things, when , in actuality, they are just common noises around the house.
B56

Yeah, right...

My computer's vent is playing "voices" sometimes, and they sound like ghosts near me. When I'm sleepy while playing, they can be very scary.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I know exactly what you went through!

I remember I was watching CNN about two weeks ago and they started talking like Demons too! It was rather odd at first and I began to think that it was the end. I decided to switch channels to see if other ones were talking like that too and what do you know, they were! I was laughing hysterically at the time and was trying to call for some family to come check it out. Unfortunately the Devil left the TV and moved on to yours before I could get anyone to come see. Personally I think it's just a problem with either the TV or the provider.

May I ask you what TV provider you used at the time of the incident?

Edit-

[edit on 12/31/2004 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Let me guess---

It's almost New Year in my country, in some other countries it has already passed by. TV shows prefer comics and laughing everywhere around the world. It is natural, that funny things occur on TV these days!!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't really know if it's worth ellaborating, but it was on BBC NEWS 24 a News programme and not a comedy. It was talking about the Tsunami, I'm pretty sure they weren't injecting "New YEars" light heartedness Vertu. I have thought of the logical explanations, and there's tiredness, which is a problem because I wasn't tired, but I would be willing to accept that I just "lost it" for a minute and hallucinated. I can't think of anything less bizzare.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I hear and see strange things sometimes, also! You could videotape the show or have a camera with you, and then you will know for sure if you heard what you thought you heard or saw what you thought you saw. It really helps. Sometimes, I am like, did they really say that, etc? Another thing that helps me is to read something positive before I go to sleep. I will read a positive book of prayers, or a book about "Angels", etc. Also, before you go to sleep, pray some positive prayers, etc. This weird man came to my house to check the phones, and he started saying weird things, so I grabbed a camera and started taking pictures of him, lol. He ran out of the house, lol! Hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Please explain what the Devil talks like
I know the name of a good clinic
you could go to for a few days rest.:@ You must get your SLEEP or strange things happen

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Out of interest:

A) Do you have digital TV?
B)If so, do you use the Freeview service?

If you answered yes to both the questions, I know what might be causing the problem, as I have had this with my GF's TV when installing her Digibox. (Although it doesn't have to be Freeview, i have had it off NTL too)

I replaced the Aerial lead from the wall to the Box, and they all stopped speaking like Apophis from SG-1 then!!

Turns out, the missus not knowing much, that the cables had been coiled in a box under the stairs, and she had put some breaks in it. Even Digital TV isn't infallible...

(It was rather cool though, it was like watching Gou'ld TV...
)

[edit on 31/12/04 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Nah it wasn't digital, it was terrestrial BBC 2. And I say "the Devil" cos thats the first thing that comes to mind when I think about it. It was just deep, warbly, drawling and creepy. I couldn't make out any words, just gibberish.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
yeah i'm going with the other guys you need to be checked up on i eman come one a demonic voice came into my t.v and just went away maybe it means somthing

get a grip mate

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
this happened to me when i took acid.

top topics

join