It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 3.01 - Let's Look at those Center For Medical Progress Planned Parenthood Videos

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Equating abortion to racism is red herring.

Reported Legal Abortions by Race of Woman Who Obtained Abortion by the State of Occurrence

Location; United States
White 55%
Black 37%
Other 8%
Total 100%

Abortion is a personal choice made between a woman and her doctor. There is no racial agenda in granting woman access to safe and accessible abortion.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

sorry, I don't get into going into your historical revision of history. those stats are current reality.
more women are dying due to maternity issues now than years ago. and the researchers are attributing that to the growing inability of women receiving the proper healthcare, mainly due to financial burdens.

the risk posed to african americans seem to be three times as great than the white population, and gee it seems that they have a greater chance to be among the economically challenged.
The state of lousianna made a claim that there was over 2,000 healthcare providers able to replace the care that planned parenthood has been providing in that state (those clinics in louisanna don't provide abortions by the way) and they were called on it...
it seems like eye doctors can provide that care, as well as nursing home care providers, and cosmetic surgeons, or at least that was what they claimed. they were force to go back and redo their list and well, ended up with 29 providers many who were ready to claim that no, they wouldn't be able to handle the influx of patients if planned parenthood was shut down.

you claim you anti-racists intentions all you want but it doesn't change the fact that defunding planned parenthood will put women at risk and cause unneccessary deaths, and the effect will hit the african american community harder than the whites.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

you claim you anti-racists intentions all you want but it doesn't change the fact that defunding planned parenthood will put women at risk and cause unneccessary deaths, and the effect will hit the african american community harder than the whites.

Libertytoall is using racism to disguise his misogynous view and to aide his personal "War on Women's Reproductive Rights".

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

an well, it does appear that that war on women just might be causing deaths in my opinion...

the same game he is playing with sanger has been play with the christian bible, we can take quotes out of the bible, and from the church leaders of long ago and use it to defame the christian churches of today, they don't seem to like that when we do it do they???

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't know what either the church or womans reproductive rights has to do with this topic of discussion. Are you assuming if I'm outraged with planned parenthood that it automatically defines me as religious or against womans reproductive rights? Stop acting feebleminded. The real topic is that planned parenthood is a racist black eye on the face of America. This racist organization helped spawn the third reich's ideals and is being allowed to continue to operate those goals / ideals in hiding, and the world should be outraged. And I don't see how being in the business of harvesting babies to use their body parts can ever be seen as a moral act or a defendable ideal by a morally responsible person.

Anyone who can defend this type of action is unfit for society

edit on 12-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

and the fact that it is currently one of the major providers of women's reproductive healthcare needs is irrelevant to you right???

and well, just what is your opinion of planned parenthood based on, pray tell?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and the fact that it is currently one of the major providers of women's reproductive healthcare needs is irrelevant to you right???

and well, just what is your opinion of planned parenthood based on, pray tell?

and the fact that it is currently one of the major providers of baby harvested body parts that are primarily targeting non white demographical areas is irrelevant to you right??? The fact that the number one cause of death for a black person is abortion is irrelevant to you right??? That if you're african american you're 17 times more likely to be an abortion rather then be born is irrelevant to you right???? The fact that planned parenthood was openly anti black and severlely racist before you were born is irrelevant to you right????

www.lifenews.com...

edit on 12-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

LIES, LIES, LIES.

and the fact that it is currently one of the major providers of baby harvested body parts that are primarily targeting non white demographical areas is irrelevant to you right???

Planned Parenthood doesn't target non-white women for abortion.

The fact that the number one cause of death for a black person is abortion is irrelevant to you right???

An embryo and a fetus is a potential person. Abortion doesn't kill a person.

That if you're african american you're 17 times more likely to be an abortion rather then be born is irrelevant to you right????

Wrong. You numbers don't add up! My research shows that there are about 45 millions African Americans living in the USA. About 325,000 African American women will get an abortion in a year. About 583,834 African America will give birth in a year, in the USA.
www.abort73.com...
www.cdc.gov...
www.cdc.gov...

The fact that planned parenthood was openly anti black and severlely racist before you were born is irrelevant to you right????

Planned Parenthood is funded through TITLE X specifically for low income women. Planned Parenthood is, nor was it ever a racist operation.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If I am remembering right, StemExpress boasted of having fetal tissue sources in the triple digits on one of those videos. and yet, planned parenthood, had, at the most I believe, 5 clinics participating in fetal donations, and at least one of those was solely to a university and weren't compensated in any way...

so that leaves at least 95 non-planned parenthood clinics that are a source of fetal tissue, and yet you claim that currently one of the major providers of baby harvested body parts, for some reason, I don't believe that those numbers are gonna mesh together too well....

planned parenthood targets low income areas to provide their low income based healthcare to.... maybe you should be asking why it is in this day and age, african americans still have a higher proverty rate than whites do.....maybe that's where the racism is coming in, and not with the people trying to help the poor.

but well, I found a Sanger quote that I found quite interesting!!

When it comes to discussing the methods of Birth Control, that is far more difficult. There are laws in this country which forbid the imparting of practical information to the mothers of the land. We claim that every mother in this country, either sick or well, has the right to the best, the safest, the most scientific information. This information should be disseminated directly to the mothers through clinics by members of the medical profession, registered nurses and registered midwives. (Applause.)

Our first step is to have the backing of the medical profession so that our laws may be changed, so that motherhood may be the function of dignity and choice, rather than one of ignorance and chance. (Applause.) Conscious control of offspring is now becoming the ideal and the custom in all civilized countries.

Those who oppose it claim that however desirable it may be on economic or social grounds, it may be abused and the morals of the youth of the country may be lowered. Such people should be reminded that there are two points to be considered. First, that such control is the inevitable advance in civilization. Every civilization involves an increasing forethought for others, even for those yet unborn. (Applause.) The reckless abandonment of the impulse of the moment and the careless regard for the consequences, is not morality. (Applause). The selfish gratification of temporary desire at the expense of suffering to lives that will come may seem very beautiful to some, but it is not our conception of civilization, or is it our concept of morality. (Applause).

In the second place, it is not only inevitable, but it is right to control the size of the family for by this control and adjustment we can raise the level and the standards of the human race. While Nature's way of reducing her numbers is controlled by disease, famine and war, primitive man has achieved the same results by infanticide, exposure of infants, the abandonment of children, and by abortion. But such ways of controlling population is no longer possible for us. We have attained high standards of life, and along the lines of science must we conduct such control. We must begin farther back and control the beginnings of life. We must control conception. This is a better method, it is a more civilized method, for it involves not only greater forethought for others, but finally a higher sanction for the value of life itself.

Society is divided into three groups. Those intelligent and wealthy members of the upper classes who have obtained knowledge of Birth Control and exercise it in regulating the size of their families. They have already benefited by this knowledge, and are today considered the most respectable and moral members of the community. They have only children when they desire and all society points to them as types that should perpetuate their kind.

The second group is equally intelligent and responsible. They desire to control the size of their families, but are unable to obtain knowledge or to put such available knowledge into practice.

The third are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequence of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased ,feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent entirely upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped. (Applause.) For if they are not able to support and care for themselves, they should certainly not be allowed to bring offspring into this world for others to look after. (Applause.) We do not believe that filling the earth with misery, poverty and disease is moral. And it is our desire and intention to carry on our crusade until the perpetuation of such conditions has ceased.

www.nyu.edu...

Quite frankly, the only part of what I quoted that even sounds remotely racist might be the last paragraph, no particular race is mentioned and well quite frankly she sounds like many of the conservatives on these boards do! Except they would prefer to just starve all the reckless, irresponsible people!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

everyone knows libertytoall is correct. you guys are super feeble. Everyone knows the horrible history of PP.... only idiots like you guys would doubt their dubious past.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I haven't seen any evidence of PP being racist.
what is this evidence?

And they haven't been in the BUSINESS HARVESTING body part per say.
They performed abortions and instead if the foetuses they have GIVEN them FOR FREE to be used in science. The company nearly paid the storage and transport costs as PP legally have to store them and transfer them themselves.

You arguments all boil down to you not agreeing with abortion and trying to find other reasons to make others hate those that give women their reproductive rights.......
All the while, the withdrawal of funding to PP is killing Moms-to-be.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior

what is this evidence?

If a person is racist publicly, dedicates their lives to putting down and ridding society of non white people, opens three organizations that publicly demean and blame black folks for societies downfalls, and then opens a fourth organization designed to target black communities to reduce population of them, I'd say that person is definately a racist. The statistics don't lie either. The only way one could interprate the statistical data, when viewed among all the other racist actions and statements, the only conclusion is that this was a racist action. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck...

originally posted by: b14warrior
what is this evidence?

In 1921, Margaret Sanger founded the American Birth Control League

in February 1917, the first issue of Sanger’s journal, The Birth Control Review, was published. She was The Review’s editor until 1929, and used her editorials to promote birth control and eugenics. For Sanger, these issues were inseparable.

In her 1920 book, Woman and the New Race, Sanger wrote that birth control “is nothing more or less than the facilitation of the process of weeding out the unfit, of preventing the birth of defectives or of those who will become defectives.”

Sanger founded the American Birth Control League, which (following a 1939 merger with the Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau and then a 1942 name change) became the Planned Parenthood

in 1926, Sanger spoke at a Ku Klux Klan rally in Silver Lake, New Jersey.

in 1939, Sanger went to work “cultivating the garden.” She initiated the Negro Project to weed out the unfit from the black population. In bringing birth control to the then largely poor (i.e. unfit) population of the South, with a few influential black ministers promoting the project as the solution to poverty, Sanger hoped to significantly reduce the black population.

Sanger still believed that there were people “who never should have been born at all.”

Planned Parenthood successfully created a public image of an organization working to help the poor, while hiding the reality that it targets the vulnerable. That was Sanger’s plan from the start.

“…those of us who believe that the benefits of Planned Parenthood as a vital key to the elimination of human waste must reach the entire population, also believe that a double effort must be made to extend this program as a public health measure to Negroes who need is proportionately greater.”

— Dr. Dorothy Ferebee (black physician serving as the Chairman of the Family Planning Committee of the National Council of Negro Women) at 1942 annual Planned Parenthood meeting.

Black people make up 13 percent of the population yet they receive 40 percent of all abortions. If you ignore the facts you might be evil.

edit on 13-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sanger crossed the Catholic Church and won. She got birth control decriminalized! Of course they're still waging holy war against her legacy.

Margaret Sanger devoted her life to legalizing birth control and making it universally available for women. Born in 1879, Sanger came of age during the heyday of the Comstock Act, a federal statute that criminalized contraceptives. Margaret Sanger believed that the only way to change the law was to break it.
www.pbs.org...

edit on 13-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It's amazing to me that any person like yourself can ignore the racist views of a sick movement by shrugging it off as an effort of religious fanatics to stop abortion. I'm not religious I'm simply anti bigot, anti-genocide, and anti hate. You are shrouded in your own hate and fogged from seeing the misfortunate truth that this country is still wearing a hat portraying the image of racism.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You're the one who keeps bring up racism. I'm not even going to dignify your misinformed accusations of my personal hate and racism with an answer.

Planned Parenthood offers birth control to millions of poor and otherwise disenfranchised women, as well as STD, cancer and other reproductive health related services. Their abortions services are a much needed, legal medical procedure that is constitutionally protected. You want to undermine Planned Parenthood because you don't like the fact that they perform legal, affordable, safe and accessible abortion. You want to attack and undermine me, personally, because I don't accept the hyperbolic logic behind your crusade toward stripping women of their reproductive rights, banning abortion, blocking access to contraceptives, and defunding Planned parenthood.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

They can't argue with the amazing resource for public health that Planned Parenthood is today ... of course they want to cherry-pick history and try to build a narrative that demonizes the organization.

As far as the purported "facts" about a eugenicist/genocidal origin for PP (taken completely out of the historical context), or even an agenda-based corrupted reading of Margaret Sanger in that pejorative way (gasp, you mean she wrote things and said things after 1912??? Imagine that.) ... the whole argument collapses when the facts of the matter are reviewed and the smallest degree of logic is applied.

Once again, anyone who wishes to "deny ignorance" can review Sanger's writings and speeches for themselves: The Margaret Sanger Papers Project at New York University

As far as the faked statistics about an inequity in the number of African American women getting abortions via PP, adjusting for the economic demographics involved brings the matter into clear perspective.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, and those who criticize Planned Parenthood for helping poor black women should put their money where their fat mouths are and pay for those black women to have the same quality of prenatal care the rich folks have, and pay for nice homes for those black women to raise their children, and pay for the education of those black children to ensure they get the same exact level of education as the rich folks have, and pay to help those black youth get started on their own careers - and if those who criticize Planned Parenthood aren't willing to pay for all that out of their own pockets, then they need to keep their fat mouths shut.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sanger herself stated how her group differed from the eugenists...

Sanger, “Birth Control and Racial Betterment,” Feb. 1919:
We who advocate Birth Control, on the other hand, lay all our emphasis upon stopping not only the reproduction of the unfit but upon stopping all reproduction when there is not economic means of providing proper care for those who are born in health. The eugenist also believes that a woman should bear as many healthy children as possible as a duty to the state. …
We maintain that a woman possessing an adequate knowledge of her reproductive functions is the best judge of the time and conditions under which her child should be brought into the world. We further maintain that it is her right, regardless of all other considerations, to determine whether she shall bear children or not, and how many children she shall bear if she chooses to become a mother.

Cain’s False Attack on Planned Parenthood
Posted on November 1, 2011

www.factcheck.org...

and what she stove to do was give the same option to the poor that the rich was already enjoying!!!

Margaret Sanger (1879-1966) was a birth-control activist who founded what is now known as Planned Parenthood. Birth control — a phrase Sanger coined — was illegal in the United States at the beginning of the 20th century, and a major goal was to make it available to all women, not just the rich who could afford devices purchased in Europe.

Herman Cain’s rewriting of birth-control history
November 1, 2011
www.washingtonpost.com...

both of these sources have additional information that debunks the claim that Planned Parenthood was out to eliminate any race. Matter of fact, if you dive into her speeches some you will find where she discusses how the health and happiness of the mother effects the lives of her babies and may cause them to be ill fitted for survival in the world.
I posted the dates both these articles were published because well it seems like these issues are brought up quite regularly and then when debunked they kind of disappear back into the woodwork, only to resurface again at it's regularly scheduled time, usually around election times!

Birth control was relatively common in the middle and upper classes and legal throughout most of the 19th century, when the Comstock laws were passed.

Comstock Act, a federal law prohibiting mailing of "any article or thing designed or intended for the prevention of conception or procuring of abortion" as well as any form of contraceptive information.[18] Many states also passed similar state laws (collectively known as the Comstock laws), sometimes extending the federal law by outlawing the use of contraceptives, as well as their distribution. Comstock was proud of the fact that he was personally responsible for thousands of arrests and the destruction of hundreds of tons of books and pamphlets.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

So well we seem to have had a situation where the more well to do had the knowledge and finances to control their family size, which in turn helped them keep their finances in check, while the poor was kind of left out in the cold.
The idea that a husband could rape his wife is a rather new thought, and laws didn't start changing till the 1970's.
So, in the poor families, it was more or less forced pregnancy.
Sanger, or planned parenthood never force anyone into birth control, or abortions, although the gov'ts were busy sterializing women who they deemed as unsuitable for motherhood!
So it seems to me that there were offering two choices here...
the gov't decides who would bare children, or the mothers themselves decide.
The government at the time were practicing eugenics and racism,
But it seems to me that Sanger was extending the option of free will....

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

She was on the record far EARLIER than the US Government, the US power elite, and virtually anyone else as being in OPPOSITION to Adolf Hitler and the Rise of the Nazi Party in Germany.

It is ironic that actual facts are so easily ignored.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, I bet if we went back further, we'd find that the topic comes up about every four or so years, ya know during election time,
in which case, well, what can I say....
Elections are never about the truth!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join