It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 3.01 - Let's Look at those Center For Medical Progress Planned Parenthood Videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Scientists Speak before the Senate: Human Life Begins at Conception

clinicquotes.com...

Now if scientist cannot agree, shouldn't we err on the side of caution?

In 1981 (April 23-24) a Senate Judiciary Subcommittee held hearings on the very question before us here: When does human life begin? Appearing to speak on behalf of the scientific community was a group of internationally-known geneticists and biologists who had the same story to tell, namely, that human life begins at conception

Now with modern technology so much more is understood about these things.

*** Dr. Micheline M. Mathews-Roth, Harvard medical School, gave confirming testimony, supported by references from over 20 embryology and other medical textbooks that human life began at conception.

“It is incorrect to say that biological data cannot be decisive…It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.”

***”Father of Modern Genetics” Dr. Jerome Lejeune told the lawmakers:

“To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion…it is plain experimental evidence. Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception.”

*** Dr. McCarthy de Mere, medical doctor and law professor, University of Tennessee, testified:

“The exact moment of the beginning of personhood and of the human body is at the moment of conception.”

*** Dr. Alfred Bongiovanni, Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, concluded,

“I am no more prepared to say that these early stages represent an incomplete human being than I would be to say that the child prior to the dramatic effects of puberty … is not a human being….I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.”

***Dr. Richard V. Jaynes:

“To say that the beginning of human life cannot be determined scientifically is utterly ridiculous.”

***Dr. Landrum Shettles, sometimes called the “Father of In Vitro Fertilization” notes

“Conception confers life and makes that life one of a kind.”

And on the Supreme Court ruling Roe v. Wade,

“To deny a truth [about when life begins] should not be made a basis for legalizing abortion.”

*** Professor Eugene Diamond:

“…either the justices were fed a backwoods biology or they were pretending ignorance about a scientific certainty.”

***Gordon, Hymie, M.D., F.R.C.P., Chairman of Medical Genetics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester:

“By all criteria of modern molecular biology,life is present from the moment of conception…Science has a very simple conception of man; as soon as he has been conceived, a man is a man.”

** C. Christopher Hook, M.D. Oncologist, Mayo Clinic, Director of Ethics Education, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine:

“When fertilization is complete, a unique genetic human entity exists.”

I know without a shadow of a doubt someday, future generation, through scientific study will prove we were wrong about abortion.

All life is sacred. Every honest abortion advocate concedes this simple fact, abortion ends a human life.

Bernard Nathanson co-founded one of the most influential abortion advocacy groups in the world (NARAL) and once served as medical director for the largest abortion clinic in America. In 1974, he wrote an article for the New England Journal of Medicine in which he states, "There is no longer serious doubt in my mind that human life exists within the womb from the very onset of pregnancy..."6 Some years later, he would reiterate:

There is simply no doubt that even the early embryo is a human being. All its genetic coding and all its features are indisputably human. As to being, there is no doubt that it exists, is alive, is self-directed, and is not the the same being as the mother–and is therefore a unified whole.7

www.abort73.com...

There are no experts here on this forum, just social advocates taking sides with lives,

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No, not all pro-life people are religious

One group that comes to mind is Secular Pro-Life, whose name speaks for itself. In 2013, the group’s blog published a piece debating the claims of a rabbi who stated that the idea that life begins at conception is a religious belief – one to which he does not subscribe. It was the site’s second most-read post for that year, as the group pointed out that whether a pro-lifer is religious or not, real, modern science backs them up

Secular Pro-Life Perspectives

blog.secularprolife.org...

How is it "religious" when there are millions of pro-lifers in the United States with no religion? It can't just be because there are religious folks who agree with us; most religious people also agree that human trafficking is immoral, but we don't call human trafficking a religious issue.
So this is the part I don't understand. Your definition of when life begins is not based on scientific fact. It is your religiously held belief. But it isn't mine.
The reason Rabbi Alexander doesn't get it is because

our definition of when life begins IS based on scientific fact.

According to this recent Gallup report, 19% of atheists, agnostics, and those with no religious preference identify as "pro-life.

Over 34 million American adults identify as atheist, agnostic, or no religion; that means roughly 6.5 million non-religious pro-lifers.

Interactive Prenatal Development Timeline
www.ehd.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

And this wasn't about religion, but for some reason people keep interjecting it.

Now if scientist cannot agree, shouldn't we err on the side of caution?

Gosh if only we held the same beliefs on global warming!
Science is always going to be divided at some level, it is just in the nature of science.

It sounds harsh but even if it was unanimous about when life started, abortion should still be a choice.
We don't need more babies that people can't take care of.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The origins of PP have ZERO baring on whether they broke the law or not in those videos.
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've watched the whole 4+ hours of that congressional committee investigation or whatever it was and I have to say...
weather or not planned parenthood broke any laws don't seem to be a concern for many of them either.
they aren't out to discuss weather or not the videos were obtained illegally, nor are they really that concerned with the fetal tissue part of it. it's all defund planned parenthood and well support this bill limiting abortion that's sitting in the senate and not being acted upon, after all if that bill was passed, then those fetus' wouldn't be available, right....

heck, I have to say, ats has better discussions and brought out more information than these guys have so far. But well, I guess they plan on having more sessions so maybe they'll dive a little deeper than the oh abortion is so wrong, blah, blah...defund planned parenthood!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Defunding planned parenthood is the ultimate example of government overreach.
Those fat old conservative men have no business with my body or womb or any of the health issues that Planned parent hood assists women with.

They need to stay away from me and other womens personal health.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

There are no experts here on this forum, just social advocates taking sides with lives,

There are no experts either, apparently in any of your links. Anyone who pretend to "know" when "life" started is liar. They can only express their opinion on when autonomy beings. There is no magical Life Fairy that bestows LIFE at some point.

The fact is the sperm is alive. A woman's egg is alive. When the two meet, it sets off a chemical reaction that cause the already alive and living cell to change qualities. How Did A Haploid Cell Get To Be A Diploid Cell?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Hell the name of the stupid committee is a dead give away at that.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS
Awesome new installment, glad to see you back Joe!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I enjoyed helping out BTS on the set of the new NLBS. It brought back a lot of good memories from working on ATS Recap.

On the set of ATS Recap, we created a "one of a kind" studio. The setting was Joe's apartment and with the help of multiple Home Depot runs we were up and running..it was fun, authentic and we were learning lots about the entire process. I will hunt down a photo so you all can laugh with us..

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Swills

Look man, I believe CMP believes what they are doing is right, it's also legal. Surely there is shock value involved with the videos, is it legit I don't know. That however isn't my disagreement, do I support them, as much as I support anyone else's legal rights.

Most of your comments here have been reasonable. But, if you investigate CMP, you will find they are being paid by a right wing-likely politically backed-organization. This is not because CMP believes anything. They doctored the videos knowing full well the people they interview broke no laws nor were intending to. They are shills, not devout believers of, at least, what they attempt to prove and fail.

Legal? That question hasn't been decided. The judge allowed the videos to go out, but the question of their legality is still in that court. They are also being investigated by the IRS.
edit on 10-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: codegreenspace
I enjoyed helping out BTS on the set of the new NLBS. It brought back a lot of good memories from working on ATS Recap.

On the set of ATS Recap, we created a "one of a kind" studio. The setting was Joe's apartment and with the help of multiple Home Depot runs we were up and running..it was fun, authentic and we were learning lots about the entire process. I will hunt down a photo so you all can laugh with us..

Awesome, that must have been fun!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Since the disposition of an aborted fetus is a state issue, in some states across the nation Planned Parenthood is under investigation . And since the disposition of an aborted fetus other than cremation is illegal in these states , if they have broken the law it carries multiple felony charges in those states.Plus closing all facilities in those states.

This is covered by federal law. The states where PP is donating tissue, it is legal.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I disagree with the OP's original post, to me it has nothing to do with "selling baby parts for profit" to me it comes down to the attitude of some of the employees, the disrespect for the bodies (even though some probably won't choose to look at them as bodies) they showed a deep disrespect. Also, if they woman that was a former employee can be trusted the more disturbing part was them changing the way they do procedures for their own benefit, not necessarily the safety of the mother, and also the fact that she said they still took parts without consent. If abortion is to be allowed, I can't think of many things IF ANY going on in society today that should be treated more seriously or with more respect. IF PP can't do that, then their funding should go to another organization that can act responsibly.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Melissa Ohden abortion survivor, Testifies Before Congress on Abortion

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I believe she is the one that was aborted in the 70's and then left in a bucket of flourmaldahyde to die by the doctor who says that she is sure that she wouldn't be alive if she was aborted by a planned parenthood doctor.

the other survivor was only counseled and maybe referred to an independent abortion doctor, if I remember right she also said she believed she wouldn't be alive if it was a planned parenthood doctor.

both these abortions occurred in the 70's and the laws have changed considerably since then. It was illegal then to leave them to die I believe, and it would definately be illegal then.
they also mentioned a few more abortion doctors, but never did say that any of them actually had any affiliation to planned parenthood and no one did bother to ask them.

my question is, just how could either of these two women know one way or the other weather they would have been in a better or a worse position if they had gotten their care from planned parenthood??

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Rep. Gowdy's Questions during House Judiciary hearing on Planned Parenthood

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

More intellectual dishonesty! It just shows that this committee has no goal to discuss the truth. Their intent is to misinform and emotionally inflame the ignorant.

There is no reason to discuss "Partial Birth Abortions" during a 2015 Planned Parenthood congressional committee witch hunt, because Partial Birth Abortions were banned in 2003! Planned Parenthood doesn't do Partial Birth Abortions!

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Now here is the new political correct terminology for the unauthorized killing of a baby in the womb. I just happened by this today.

Michelle Wilkins is recounting the terrifying moment a stranger attacked her and sliced her open, removing her unborn child from her womb
She is also detailing the brief amount of time she got to hold her dead daughter in the hospital, calling her 'perfect'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 3lOBCSb4z
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and here it is

Lane is being held on $2million bail and pleaded not guilty to eight felony counts including first-degree unlawful termination of pregnancy, attempted first-degree murder and first-degree assault in July and is set to go on trial in early 2016.

First-degree unlawful termination of pregnancy.

See how that works?

It has always fascinated me that abortion wasn't considered murder, but the killing of a baby in the womb with out permission was.

Now they have that covered.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It has been that way for a whIle and it is only if the mother is so far along.
If a doc did an abortion on a mother that far along he would be arrested to. Save it being to avoid life threatening birth I think.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You guys should really listen to the videos, I know you posted before you had a chance to .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join