It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Threatens Russia with COLD WAR: Don't Interfere with ISI plans for Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...
U.S. Warns Russia Over Military Support for Assad

Secretary of State John Kerry told his Russian counterpart on Saturday that the United States was deeply concerned by reports that the Kremlin may be planning to vastly expand its military support for President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, warning that such a move might even lead to a “confrontation” with the American-led coalition, the State Department said.

US warns Russia not to help Assad defend his sovereign (but armament-crippled) government from ISI terrorists. Well of course, since US armed ISI to topple Asad via proxy, afterall.

Last I checked, Russia is a hop-skip from Syria, while US is a world away. No doubt US's long time occupation in Afghanistan & Iraq must have gotten to its head by now thinking Syria is it's own backyard like Afghanistan & Iraq since it sabotaged all 3.

socioecohistory.wordpress.com... /
We Restarted the Cold War: The Real Story About the NATO Buildup that the New York Times Won’t Tell You

My worst predictions are now realities. We have just been subjected to a tried-and-sometimes-true campaign preparing us for a Cold War reprise—begun, like the original, by spooks and Pentagon planners ever eager to escalate unnecessary tensions in the direction of unnecessary conflict.

United States-led coalition has been bombing Islamic State positions in Syria.

^ Cool story, big bro!

www.globalresearch.ca...
US Doesn’t Want to Stop The Islamic State (ISIL) – Only Exploit them for Other Means

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

You know, I still can't figure Putin out - the western media is so content with playing him as the boogeyman yet when one actually listens to the man himself speak, he does make a lot of sense.

The confusion really sets in around Syria and Ukraine

Ukraine = bad because Russia is actually at war there and no-one is bothering to pretend otherwise any more.

Syria = not so sure because Assad has allegedly even said he is prepared to share power after the next elections and the USA has offered no roadmap to stability in the country. They just want Assad gone. And that policy has failed spectacularly in Iraq, Libya and Egypt. Those countries are now far worse off than they ever were.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oohh another Russian invasion thread, and I mean of the invading ATS kind.

Complete with multiple RT videos of Putin looking all powerful n stuff.

This should be fun for picking out the corny usernames of the Kremlin squad.

Seriously, the first RT headline is "Obama the antichrist"? Hilarity must ensue so you get a flag.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The United States-led coalition has been bombing Islamic State positions in Syria. The United States and Turkey are also conducting airstrikes to try to clear Islamic State militants from the northern border area and support moderate Syria opposition fighters there.

How many countries can US and NATO bomb before China/Russia/Iran finally realize that they arn't immune from being plundered by the most in debt nations on this planet. Clearly we on the brink of WW3 and the crazies that run office are risking lives so banks can control countries that they didn't have access too. All countries that deny Western USURY are doomed.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Exactly.. after hastily slaughtering Saddam & Gaddafi - hardly humanitarian nor diplomatic - US/NATO is now working behinds the scenes to somehow get away doing it a third time in the region with Assad.. meanwhile masquerading as nevertheless 'diplomatic' and avoiding involvement and denying having to do with the genocide altogether.

US plans for Syria amount to ongoing depop.. so hoping Russia does the humanitarian & diplomatic thing despite America's threats.

meanwhile, Afghan Opium/heroine production hits a record high.. God Bless America!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Cold war, hot war, it's all the same really. Truth is TPTB simply set two opposing forces with similar hopes and agendas against one another and call each an adversary or enemy. The game is as old as recorded history. The pieces and players may change but the core rules remain the same, those being divide and conquer, also control of the populations hearts and minds via numerous different measures. Today's particular brand of control being mass media just like in the past it was religion that served there nefarious control constructs.
edit on 8-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Being Australian, I see neither America or Russia as ally or enemy. Your anti American stance us noted though.

I think what would sway a lot of opinion is irrefutable proof that the USA really is keeping ISIS running.

I mean, proof beyond grand speeches, proof beyond pretty YouTube videos.

If anyone can prove beyond doubt that the USA is doing this, then the entire US administration could be dragged to the Hague for crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yea Russia and Assad are the good guys because RT said so. Don't mistake Syrian rebels with ISL because they have real reasons for wanting that brutal dictator destroyed. They didn't start a civil war for fun or because the big bad USA told them to rebel this is decades of brutal control and murder of Assad's own people with Russian weapons allowing the murder.

I don't defend the USA or NATO but this blind Russia is the good pacifist BS is disgusting

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The US government. ....only we get to help or occupy any country in the middle east, any other country that does something we don't like is the enimines .
I don't understand why my government thinks that it is the boss of the world.
Sure, none of these governments are good for the world but ours sure as hell isn't either.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

If anyone can prove beyond doubt that the USA is doing this, then the entire US administration could be dragged to the Hague for crimes against humanity.

No, if you watched an old documentary called Fog of War, McNamara stated that if US had lost WW2 they would have been hanged for war crimes against Japan so winners don't get called out, only the loosers. If we go back Iraq war when australia helped US in a navy blockaid that sanctioned baby food and needed medicines from entering Iraq, we helped murder 450,000 children under the age of 4 1/2 (unicef figure). Given that WMD was an outright lie that even the UN weapon expectors admit, why hasn't Bush and Howard been called out for their ghastly war crimes against humanity? Why hasn't the Iraqi people been compensated for their loss of families. Law doesn't exist today, only rule by those that seek power and glory, not truth and honour.

People don't have an anti-american stance, they want accountability, the criminals that run US (and UK.Australia) need pay for their crimes.

edit on 8 9 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think we should thank the USA for thusly admitting their responsibility for the CIA's creation, care, and feeding of ISIS/ISIL/Daesh.

Would that the citizens of the USA would wake up and take notice of their government's ultimate responsibility for every soul murdered by ISIS/ISIL/Daesh.

Of course, the same thing goes for the citizens of Saudi Arabia and Qatar whose governments are as guilty of funding the start of Daesh/ISIL/ISIS as the government of the USA.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

The CIA/USA didn't admit anything what are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

You know, I still can't figure Putin out - the western media is so content with playing him as the boogeyman yet when one actually listens to the man himself speak, he does make a lot of sense.

No one gets to be top dog of a nation by being a boy scout. Putin may well be a total monster who always travels with a priest of his professed religion ... in his case, a priest to conduct the Russian Orthodox Christian rites for Putin.

He is in many ways a bundle of contradictions, and I would not trust him further than I could throw him. But there is one thing I do trust about him though: it is his love of Russia. He alone brought Russia back from the brink after the chaos of the Yeltsin years.

Putin clearly loves his country and makes visible his love for the Russian people. I believe those feelings are genuine in him because such feelings run deep in Russians. They have a love for their country much in the same way the U.S. Americans did during and before World War II.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

My supposition is that you are a citizen of the USA.

Warning Russia in the way that the USA has makes things very clear to many of us who do not live in the USA. We have heard and read a great deal that is not reported in your country. I think you would likely regard it as propaganda, and much of it is.

But not long ago the patriarch of the Chaldean Catholic Church (one of the constituent churches of the Roman Catholic Church) began announcing loudly that the USA was responsible for ISIS/ISIL/Daesh by funding it and training. This was rather new coming from a man of his standing.

Previously when people spoke of the USA being responsible for ISIS/Daesh, it was meant that the USA was culpable for its development after the failure that was the invasion of Iraq. Along with the Catholic Chaldean Patriarch others in the region and elsewhere have said the USA is responsible financially for ISIS with variations ... usually making it clear that what the USA was doing was being done through its intelligence services and even black ops so as to claim to the people of the USA that they were innocent of support of ISIS by trying to focus attention on their visible attempts to fund an extremely disorganised fratricidal group of rebels.

I observed long ago that destroying Assad's government would be a goal for the West so as to evict the Russians from their major base in Syria. The USA's strategy with ISIL/ISIS/Daesh is to let it fester and grow with the most minimal of efforts to stop it. The Russians are ready and willing to go into Syria and to confront ISIS for the sake of the Christian minorities in the area and also to retain their military base there. I would underline that last reason.

The USA's behaviour toward ISIL has been bizarre. It is beyond comprehension to most people I know who are not citizens of the USA. Perhaps a new President will give your nation a clearer direction in working to destroy a civilisation crushing threat like ISIS/ISIL/Daesh.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Al Quada/IS...and they don't need to admit anything nor will they. They didn't create per se(ahh semantics!) it but facilitated them to flourish and still do.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well , since the former President's targets were Iraq and Afghanistan , I guess this one can have Syria and Russia...only he has just over a year to go. He can start a war , then he is out of office. Enables everyone to blame the trouble on the next one.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Yes they are showing ,appaerntly they have BEEN there since april..www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

still pure speculation without any proof. Also, Just because I'm US citizen doesn't mean that you're more informed then me.

Not like any information is being banned from access.

The USA/CIA would never admit to funding/arming ISL now they would admit to arming the rebels against Assad.

NOTE Syrian rebels are not ISL/ISIS

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Nothing new at all. Russia has serious interest protecting their two allies Iran and Syria. Russia loves proxy wars just as much as the USA

ATS has a bunch of pro Russian shills and im not surprised

just hold Russia to the same standard you hold everyone else

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Only a Putin supporter is going to brag that Russia is arming a man that is killing his own people. He strikes hospitals he attacks markets like the recent attack where he killed 100 women and children. What was their crime shopping for food on a market. He's bombing and gassing civilians hoping to displace the civil Ian population. Bottom line he knows his supporters and him are the minority to maintain control simple drive everyonee else out.

As far as the CIA and ISIS this was from a blog it was a fictional story. It started because surprise groups fighting Assad went seeking help. The west had refused them help.Facing Assad's army and intelligence services, Lebanon's Hezbollah, Iraq's Shia Islamist militias and their grand patron, Iran's Revolutionary Guards, Syria's initially peaceful protesters quickly became disenchanted, disillusioned and disenfranchised – and then radicalised and violently militant.This would never had happened if Assad hadn't embraced al quida. Then lost control of them and they lost control and ISIS formed.

ISIS the product of a genocide that continued unabated as the world stood back and watched. It is the illegitimate child born of pure hate and pure fear – the result of 200,000 murdered Syrians and of millions more displaced and divorced from their hopes and dreams. The only way to stop ISIS remove Assad he's killed to many time for a new person to step up. By supporting Assad Pi tin will do nothing but cause more death and further the humanitarian disaster that causes children to drown trying to escape.

Don't make Putin a hero here he is causing millions more to be displaced and thousands more to be murdered by an insane dictator. iF he wants to help instead of supplying we joins he should be trying to get him to negotiate and find a peaceful soloutuon. But Put in figured he can use this crises to his advantage on dealing with the west sadly at the cost of Syrian lives.

PS you have the Internet the start if I SIS is well documented try doing research instead of believing propaganda
edit on 9/8/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join