It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Freed. Drama Queen Mike Huckabee: Lock Me Up!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The lady, sorry I don't know her name, needed a mic to drop ok huck. Think Huckabee could have gave Bolt a run for his money how fast he was back peddling.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think he's too crass and caters to the lowest common denominator, actually.

And, I'm not sure Colbert would stoop to the level required to give her any attention or credibility at all.

But surely there must be a bunch of Televangelists ringing her bell and wanting to sign her up for Sunday Morning, to pronounce just how right she (and they) all are about...well, everything.

And if she does well, she could be the next Duggar, or Duck Dynasty star!!!

Or, yeah. A guest on Jerry Springer.

(They offer a carton of cigs for the guys, and a makeover for the gals. No pay, though. Know this for a fact....I called their "if you know" number and made up a story about my son and husband and best friend....(I let them all know about it).....and the Jerry Springer show KEPT CALLING ME, even AFTER I told them I was just screwing with them....)

Lame. I applaud GoFundMe for gracefully declining this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So, I heard she was still getting paid for the time she was in jail?

I wonder if she knows she's a political pawn or not? Does anyone think she's willingly acting as one to further the careers of people like Huckabee?

Can you only imagine how she's being courted by the GOP presidential hopefuls? She's a gold mine for them.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
And the power granted to the Supreme Court is what , mainly ? Hint it has to do with Congress and the President, not so much the powers granted to the states.I grow tired of having to explain the Constitution and how the current Administration has absolutely disregarded that document over the past years....
You know , the Constitution is posted everywhere on the internet . Read it sometime. Do not rely on the mantras of your neighbor or the media.It takes several times through to reach the goal of knowing.

The SCOTUS performed their duty as intended. Their primary function being to determine the constitutionality of law.

The SCOTUS did NOT, (as Huckabee asserts) write any laws, re-write any laws or re-define any laws or words with their decision in this case.

What the SCOTUS did do, (which is their function by design) was to make the determination that any laws restricting marriage to opposite sex couples and denying it to same sex couples was a violation of their equal rights under the law and thereby "Un-Constitutional."

Kentucky just happens to be one of those States with such laws currently on their books.

Huckabee is posing the question of whether or not we should allow the SCOTUS to legislate, (which is a false argument seeing how we have yet to see any laws authored by the SCOTUS) when the real question should be and is, "Do we want States to have the right to adopt un-constitutional laws that deny equal rights to all the people?"

While I don't always agree with every SCOTUS ruling, in this case I think they performed their function flawlessly.

If Huckabee and/or his followers think they have enough support to change or amend the Constitution, they have every right to do so.

It's kinda part of the whole "checks & balances" thing we have going on here in America. It's the part that gives the people the ultimate say.

Problem is, in order to utilize that power you have to have the overwhelming majority of the people on you side and in this particular case, I don't see that happening.
edit on 9-9-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I wonder if she knows she's a political pawn or not? Does anyone think she's willingly acting as one to further the careers of people like Huckabee?

If she knows? Yeah - I've been addressing this issue over the last half hour or so.

I'm intellectually convinced this is ALL a scripted bunch of detritus. Huckabee was the one who "organized" the protestors - and above (here in the thread) are several resources.....

It's a staged bunch of crap. That's what I think.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish
My , My . Someone that understands the situation . BTW , I am a citizen of the US and have been for a long time. You might even say I am an original American at that.
But please note it is the US and not all Americans

edit on 9-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I don't. She thinks she's America's Darling right now. She thinks it's all about her and her choice to stand up for God. She trusts her lawyers and Huckabee. She's naive, not very smart and I think she'll come out of this hurt and disillusioned.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well she's got a good scam going on, I've seen the "secretive" messages making the rounds about donating to her. Oh yes, there are messages spreading on social media about where people should be sending donations so the IRS can't get their hands on it.

The thing is, this woman makes $80,000 a year. It's not like she's really struggling to pay rent or anything. People ought to keep their wallets closed and donate to their local church instead, IMO.
edit on 9-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

[incognito reponse mode] I know! Right? [/incognito response mode]

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Proverbs 29:27
The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.

Matthew 24:9
Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Mark 13:13
Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

John 15:18
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
John 15:19
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
John 15:21
They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Revelation 2:26
To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--

Now, which one of you still wants to get in the REAL BATTLE???????

DIDN'T THINK SO!

It takes a real warrior to stand up for RIGHTEOUSNESS. The majority talk a good game. Unfortunately, all it is, is just blah, blah, blah. People don't have the testicular fortitude. They want to live "comfortable" and "convenient", while hoping "doom" will come and put them out of their misery. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. But, you'll find out. Soon enough.

Galatians 6:7
Don't be misled--you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.

We've been planting the seeds of evil for a very long time. And now, you can see the harvest arriving.

Girl, 2, died after losing a large amount of blood following a 'brutal rape by her mother's boyfriend'

A two-year-old girl in Oklahoma City has died after she was allegedly raped by her mother's 22-year-old boyfriend. Shaleah Cudjo was pronounced dead shortly after she was taken to the hospital following a welfare check at about 10.13am on September 3, when police received a call saying the girl was not breathing. Justin Lawson, 22, was arrested on complaints of first-degree murder and rape shortly after the incident.
BTW...i'm always skeptical of any news story that goes "viral", these days. I can't say if this incident really happened, or if it's just another propaganda tool, to further divide us. But, this i will say: either way, WE LOSE.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm sure she's got a goFundMe as well. Which makes me think of Memories Pizzeria and the image meme I made when that was in the news 4-5 months ago:

perhaps an update is in order!

EDIT:

Wow. Looks like they raked in $844,577. The martyr business has greatly improved in the last two millennia. These days you get a bunch of money and you don't even have to die for it.
edit on 2015-9-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Can you only imagine how she's being courted by the GOP presidential hopefuls? She's a gold mine for them.

she's fooling everyone, getting checks paid by taxpayers, worth close to 6,000 dollars a month for not working, becoming a martyr, and she is being praised for doing it....never underestimate the stupidity of the religious right....amen!!!...hallelujah!!!
edit on 9-9-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm sure she's got a goFundMe as well.

GoFundMe Nixes Fundraiser for Kim Davis

Crowdfundin g puts the brakes on the disturbing bigots-get-rich-quick trend
edit on 9/9/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Huckabee stance to challenge the constitution base on personal religious believes has completely taking him from any chances as a political figure to get into the white house.

He and his followers need to step into the 21first century and understand that the US is not a theocracy and will never be.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Ah. Well there goes that play on words. Damnit. I'm sure there's already another crowdfunding site. Maybe I should start one? Let me see if fundmybigotry.com is taken.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee

BTW...i'm always skeptical of any news story that goes "viral", these days. I can't say if this incident really happened, or if it's just another propaganda tool, to further divide us. But, this i will say: either way, WE LOSE.

Here's some food for thought; Do you think there is a remote possibility that the material contained in your quoted Biblical texts could be just another "propaganda tool" used to further divide us?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
5 Myths About Kim Davis You Shouldn't Fall For

Each myth is explained at the source

Myth #1: Marriage licenses issued without Davis’ signature are invalid.
Myth #2: Davis is just like all of the officials who refused to enforce or defend bans on same-sex marriage.
Myth #3: Kentucky could accommodate Davis without forcing her to resign.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

The bible the biggest scam in history, written by men, a very beautiful book of some historical facts mix with myth and lore, will never be the law of the land.

Sorry but that is the truth.

I love fairy tales but that doesn't means I believe in themspecially when they are written by men, everybody has an agenda and the church have the biggest one that has spanned for centuries, with a traceable historical trail of death, murder and deceive.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The bible the biggest scam in history, written by men

I say government is the biggest scam in history created by men, complete with their own 'scriptures' called laws.

And lo did the state giveth the 'right' of freedom of religion.

The Stateth then turns around and sayeth no so fast meager flocklings.

Only some people have it, others not soth much.
edit on 9-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo you believe that we are bind to follow religious believes regardless? that the bible is the law of the land? how about people like me that have not reason why to believe in organized religion and neither to follow a book that I find full of myth and lore written by man.

Why should I bend my own ways to somebody else even if they are irrational, just because the bible tell them so, but it doesn't tell me so.

So discrimination, irrationality, prejudice is ok as long as some asswise think that they have religion to do as they wish?, what makes that person better than me, because they can become born again Christian and all sins are forgiven? and under religion anybody have the right to discriminate. You know how silly and completely naïve that sounds? to me.

Are we no all by religious accounts created equal in the image of a God? who created inequality? but mankind itself.

Is nothing wrong with the bible as per say, what is wrong is with those that interprets the bible to pursue their derailed irrational believes that tells them they are better than others so that empower them to become self-righteous.

The biggest danger to humanity is no just government but the man made religions of the world.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join