It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Freed. Drama Queen Mike Huckabee: Lock Me Up!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Where did this lady push her religion on anyone? It was her PERSONAL beliefs. But yet you avoid the question with rhetoric and mantra. You cant answer , can you? Because it didnt happen.

Dude. Seriously?

It did happen. She said HERSELF that it's a religious tenet she intends to follow now that she's 'found Jesus.'

It happened. She SAID why it happened. Huckabee and Cruz ALSO say that's why it happened.

"They put a Christian in jail!" What a load of manufactured crap.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IAMTAT

Funny how no other democrat or anyone on the left is supporting here huh?

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

Funny , I noticed that too. Perhaps you cannot be a Democrat if you are Christian.I wonder how they feel about Muslims.

Most Democrats I know don't give a rat's ass what religion someone else identifies with so long as they're not pushing their beliefs on others.

On the other hand, most Democrats I know don't support religious zealotry in any form.

Hence, the lack of Democrats supporting Davis or Huchabee.

Hmm , pray tell where she "pushed her religion on others" ? As far as I know , she refused to provide marriage certificates for same sex couples due to her PERSONAL beliefs. She did not "push her religion on anyone" Another very lame argument. And how was this religious zealotry??? That is hilarious.......

Ahh the mindset of your party that was long ago the Democratic Party.Now is the Progressive Liberal party. The last true Democrat passed with Teddy

Sigh. Refusing to do her job and provide marriage licenses due to her PERSONAL beliefs = not upholding her oath to do her job = Judge got involved and she was found in contempt of court when ordered to do her job = jail time = NOT RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION.

How many threads have we seen of, say, a Stewardess who for her religious beliefs, complains that she is expected to serve alcohol on the plane? She happens to be Muslim, and devout. At least in the Stewardess's case, she is NOT infringing on the law of the land, nor on the civil rights of others by not wanting to serve them alcohol.

Not trying to derail here, just giving some perspective...

Separation of Church and State applies here - she cannot choose to enforce her religious ideas on the rest of the County.

- AB

You didnt answer my question , either? How did she push her religion on anyone? Was she handing out religious pamphlets ? Now that could be it...but no. Was she saying if you attend my church , I will issue the license ? Maybe...uhh no.

So how is this a matter of "pushing religion" ? It was a violation of state law , yes.I have not denied that.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

Funny , I noticed that too. Perhaps you cannot be a Democrat if you are Christian.I wonder how they feel about Muslims.

Most Democrats I know don't give a rat's ass what religion someone else identifies with so long as they're not pushing their beliefs on others.

On the other hand, most Democrats I know don't support religious zealotry in any form.

Hmm , pray tell where she "pushed her religion on others" ? As far as I know , she refused to provide marriage certificates for same sex couples due to her PERSONAL beliefs. She did not "push her religion on anyone" Another very lame argument. And how was this religious zealotry??? That is hilarious.......

Ahh the mindset of your party that was long ago the Democratic Party.Now is the Progressive Liberal party. The last true Democrat passed with Teddy

That's exactly what she's doing and it would be hilarious that you can't see it, if it weren't so pathetic.

Democrat, Liberal, Progressive, call us whatever pleases you the most because it's our mindset that binds us, not the label.

Where did this lady push her religion on anyone? It was her PERSONAL beliefs. But yet you avoid the question with rhetoric and mantra. You cant answer , can you? Because it didnt happen.

Btw , who is the pathetic one? I will take you off the list when you answer the question.

"Davis has asked to be excused from issuing marriage licenses to anyone on the grounds that licensing a same-sex marriage would violate her religious beliefs".
www.washingtonpost.com... icenses/

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

That's exactly what she's doing and it would be hilarious that you can't see it, if it weren't so pathetic.

Democrat, Liberal, Progressive, call us whatever pleases you the most because it's our mindset that binds us, not the label.

You're all about labels, aren't you?

In this particular instance, her "PERSONAL" beliefs equate to her RELIGIOUS beliefs.

She said as much herself, repeatedly! Hell she thinks she's doing this for God and that he's the one who got her out of jail.

Give me a break!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

She's denying marriage licenses. Her lawyers have stated that licenses issued while she's been incarcerated are invalid. Oh and she came out and gave a sermon giving glory to God. So we have her obstructing people from legally obtaining marriage licenses that are her official duty to issue and she's making absolutely no bones about why.

You're going further out of your way to make unreasonable excuses for her actions than she herself is. What's it going to take for you to concede the obvious?

My guess is there's NOTHING that would be enough.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

She said HERSELF that it's a religious tenet she intends to follow now that she's 'found Jesus.'

Did you read this ? At ALL? So stating you are going to personally follow your personal religious convictions is pushing your religion on someone. Again , a hilarious answer....

I have to end this or else risk a stitch in my side .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Okay.

So it was a violation of State law based on her belief that her newly-found personal religious convictions were greater than the law of the United States as determined by the SCOTUS.

I think you are splitting hairs here. If you see it as illegal, then we are somewhat on the same page. If you don't include holding other people's rights hostage to her religious beliefs as a strict definition of "pushing her religion on people" then that's your choice.

Would you feel someone was pushing their religion on you if, say, they held judgment over you by saying something you were doing was an abomination and then keeping you from getting a State license for something you were entitled to? Would you feel judged and condemned as if that person was attempting to humiliate you, as well as discriminate against you, due to their own religious beliefs? Seriously, what would you think of that?

- AB

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You're being ridiculous. And you know it.
What, do you expect her to have a preacher standing behind her to exorcise the demons and a bucket for immersing people's heads in????

Have a good night. Glad you had a fun troll.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Btw , who is the pathetic one? I will take you off the list when you answer the question.

"Davis has asked to be excused from issuing marriage licenses to anyone on the grounds that licensing a same-sex marriage would violate her religious beliefs".
www.washingtonpost.com... icenses/

Her PERSONAL beliefs ? Not pushing her religion on anyone ? Avert the question , deflect the issue is all I am getting.....

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You're all about labels, aren't you?

In this particular instance, her "PERSONAL" beliefs equate to her RELIGIOUS beliefs.

She said as much herself, repeatedly! Hell she thinks she's doing this for God and that he's the one who got her out of jail.

Give me a break!

You still on that list....
You have yet to answer your own point of pushing her religion....
Avert , deflect , mantra and rhetoric. That is all you have provided to this debate. Not one valid answer. Just the same ole same ole

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You're going further out of your way to make unreasonable excuses for her actions than she herself is. What's it going to take for you to concede the obvious?
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have not commented yet on anything to do with the validity of what happened......As I am going through this debate with about 5 posters, it becomes more hilarious by the second. I have laughed now until tears are streaming down my face.....Now you have actually crossed that line.Do you have one post to show me where I made an unreasonable excuse for anyone

edit on 8-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Definition of marriage is state law. I apologize , you are one of the better posters here on this thread, if I came off as splitting hairs. I do that some times , especially when someone misspeaks.Nowhere on here am I validating what she did . (even though I was accused of making lame excuses for her) .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thank you.

I appreciate your reasoned response, and I think, then, your main point is that by your interpretation, she was not pushing her personal religious beliefs on others. We agree it was illegal, most certainly.

I think the issue is that, from the receiving end, it really DOES feel like someone is pushing their religion on you when they use their religious beliefs to condemn and call your most vulnerable self an abomination. I can understand it this way as, for a different reason, I have felt the sting of "you are going to hell" from a certain kind of Christian and it is absolutely horrible - in fact, I could say I felt persecuted! I can't imagine it coming from a Government Official who was using their personal belief to denigrate me.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

- AB

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I have felt the sting of "you are going to hell" from a certain kind of Christian

Funny you should say that , look at my sig.
There are nutcases in all religions (possibly with the exception of Sikhs)
Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
An empty offer if ever there was one. He may as well have offered himself up to be launched into the Sun.

good idea - start a fundme page!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Huckabee and Davis simply made a fool of themselves. I'm sure Huckabee would be vehemently opposed to Sharia law, so why is he trying to impose religious beliefs into our laws?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Absolutely mental. This is crazy. That's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on ATS. I've watched it 4 times now

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What I loved about Huckabee's speech was that he likened the Supreme Court's decision using the 14th amendment to tyranny! LOL! He said they "made laws"! I laughed so hard! And you KNOW he knows better! He's just counting on his constituents to be ignorant regarding the law. And he's right. The whole crowd might as well have been chanting, "What do we want? Christian Theocracy! When do we want it? NOW"!

I didn't find his speech so much nauseating (though, it is that) as HILARIOUS!

It was a stump speech aimed at the religious extremists of the US. And they're sucking it up! What an idiot!

I say, when Kim starts interfering again, take Huckabee up on his offer and lock them both up! LOL!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The crowd looked like a cult following waving those crosses in the air.
Religious extremists exactly. We're those fake tears he was wiping from his eyes?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Definition of marriage is state law.

You don't seem to understand the Supreme Court's ruling OR how state and federal law work together.

ALL state laws that banned same sex marriage were found to be unconstitutional, by the Supreme Court, according to the 14th amendment, so that part of state laws became invalid. Definition of marriage IS a state law, but it cannot include a ban on some citizens (per the 14th amendment). So. Kim Davis cannot legally follow that part of the state law.

Kim Davis took it upon herself to IGNORE the law and use her personal, religious beliefs in carrying out her job INSTEAD of the law. What she did is illegal. By refusing to issue marriage licenses, she was insuring that gay people didn't get married because it's against her religion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join