It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Freed. Drama Queen Mike Huckabee: Lock Me Up!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Me outspoken?! Never!

No it does not, I agree. I simply said that because of the political implications being thrown around.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I respect standing one's ground on principle. More people should.

They have to remember that doing it usually entails consequence. Usually bad, or at least, uncomfortable.

Unless she immediately begins following her elected obligations, she should be right back in the slammer.

...and Huckaby needs to put away his martyrs complex for another day. He couldn't be more wrong on this issue if he tried.

Agreed!

I respect this woman for her convictions to go to jail for her beliefs!

How many of us internet warriors speak our mind as digital Gods without repercussions would say what we said if it meant going to jail? Not many, I'll bet ya!

I do not agree with her! But she has courage!

As far as Huckaby? meh........

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Democrats don't really care about what others believe as long as they get to spend others money.

lol!!!!

(Psst....Hey, everybody, he was being sarcastic.
Just in case you didn't realize.)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well, I'm sure this has been explained to you prior to now.

Her job, or one of them anyway, is to issue marriage licences. It's not her place to judge the validity of the relationship, in doing so, she is in direct violation of the Ninth Amendment.

Ninth Amendment

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

She is, by denying those marriage licences, in direct violation of the Ninth Amendment. No amount of hiding behind the First amendment invalidates that.

She is attempting to deny, and disparage, the rights of certain segments of the population.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Funny how no other democrat or anyone on the left is supporting here huh?

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

Funny , I noticed that too. Perhaps you cannot be a Democrat if you are Christian.I wonder how they feel about Muslims.

Most Democrats I know don't give a rat's ass what religion someone else identifies with so long as they're not pushing their beliefs on others.

On the other hand, most Democrats I know don't support religious zealotry in any form.

Hence, the lack of Democrats supporting Davis or Huchabee.

Hmm , pray tell where she "pushed her religion on others" ? As far as I know , she refused to provide marriage certificates for same sex couples due to her PERSONAL beliefs. She did not "push her religion on anyone" Another very lame argument. And how was this religious zealotry??? That is hilarious.......

Ahh the mindset of your party that was long ago the Democratic Party.Now is the Progressive Liberal party. The last true Democrat passed with Teddy
edit on 8-9-2015 by Gothmog because: spell

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Or a new found supplemental income source?????

This is all just too staged to believe.

A movie or a TV series !!!!

Now the real question is:

What actress plays the part of Kim Davis?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Well, I'm sure this has been explained to you prior to now.

Her job, or one of them anyway, is to issue marriage licences. It's not her place to judge the validity of the relationship, in doing so, she is in direct violation of the Ninth Amendment.

Ninth Amendment

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

She is, by denying those marriage licences, in direct violation of the Ninth Amendment. No amount of hiding behind the First amendment invalidates that.

She is attempting to deny, and disparage, the rights of certain segments of the population.

You mean her job as assigned by the State and not by her job as assigned by the Federal government ? Read the entire part again. I think her job was with the State government ,. Maybe she was Federal......not
edit on 8-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just wonder if Mike Huckabee would be just as understanding of religious beliefs trumping civic duties if the clerk was Muslim or Jewish, instead of Christian.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

She did not "push her religion on anyone"

She did, though! She used her religion to push them out the door!!! She shoved it in between herself and those CITIZENS and sent them packing.

NOT OKAY

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
originally posted by: xuenchen

A movie or a TV series !!!!

Now the real question is:

What actress plays the part of Kim Davis?

edit on 8-9-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

She did not "push her religion on anyone"

She did, though! She used her religion to push them out the door!!! She shoved it in between herself and those CITIZENS and sent them packing.

NOT OKAY

Hilarious , you are making my day.....

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

Funny , I noticed that too. Perhaps you cannot be a Democrat if you are Christian.I wonder how they feel about Muslims.

Most Democrats I know don't give a rat's ass what religion someone else identifies with so long as they're not pushing their beliefs on others.

On the other hand, most Democrats I know don't support religious zealotry in any form.

Hmm , pray tell where she "pushed her religion on others" ? As far as I know , she refused to provide marriage certificates for same sex couples due to her PERSONAL beliefs. She did not "push her religion on anyone" Another very lame argument. And how was this religious zealotry??? That is hilarious.......

Ahh the mindset of your party that was long ago the Democratic Party.Now is the Progressive Liberal party. The last true Democrat passed with Teddy

That's exactly what she's doing and it would be hilarious that you can't see it, if it weren't so pathetic.

Democrat, Liberal, Progressive, call us whatever pleases you the most because it's our mindset that binds us, not the label.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
IMHO....The gay & lesbian groups should bus couples into Rowan County Kentucky to get their marriage license's. Overwhelm that little backward arse clerks office. They should just to make her stew in her on vile bullshat. It's freedom OF & FROM religion not just freedom OF religion. Aren't we supposed to be the country that seperates church & state? Yea. right. I'll stand by my statement of she's a damn attention whore........her book deal is coming in 3,2,1.
edit on 8-9-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh lord. Kathy Bates, maybe?
No, too old.....
Melissa McCarthy? No, too cute....

I dunno. Not my circus, not my cast.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Camping in tents all around the block!!! That would be awesome. LIke Black Friday or tickets to the Rolling Stones.

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I just wonder if Mike Huckabee would be just as understanding of religious beliefs trumping civic duties if the clerk was Muslim or Jewish, instead of Christian.

Jewish? Yes!

Muslim? Hell no!

Like I said earlier, this is news only because it is political. This woman got a free lawyer, just because it is political.

Meanwhile? Gay couples can still get married, children are still starving and homeless, and our government is laughing all the way to the bank over so much attention being paid to something that is really a non issue in the scheme of us little folks survival...

link   

Sigh. Refusing to do her job and provide marriage licenses due to her PERSONAL beliefs = not upholding her oath to do her job = Judge got involved and she was found in contempt of court when ordered to do her job = jail time = NOT RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION.

How many threads have we seen of, say, a Stewardess who for her religious beliefs, complains that she is expected to serve alcohol on the plane? She happens to be Muslim, and devout. At least in the Stewardess's case, she is NOT infringing on the law of the land, nor on the civil rights of others by not wanting to serve them alcohol.

Not trying to derail here, just giving some perspective...

Separation of Church and State applies here - she cannot choose to enforce her religious ideas on the rest of the County.

- AB

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sorry to impose.......Cathy Bates is way to attractive to play Kim Davis......And that's a compliment to Mrs.Bates.a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That's exactly what she's doing and it would be hilarious that you can't see it, if it weren't so pathetic.

Democrat, Liberal, Progressive, call us whatever pleases you the most because it's our mindset that binds us, not the label.

Where did this lady push her religion on anyone? It was her PERSONAL beliefs. But yet you avoid the question with rhetoric and mantra. You cant answer , can you? Because it didnt happen.

Btw , who is the pathetic one? I will take you off the list when you answer the question.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The bus's should have the rainbow color scheme.....all the tents as well. a reply to: BuzzyWigs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join