It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Freed. Drama Queen Mike Huckabee: Lock Me Up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Someone please explain how getting a marriage license from a State Clerk's Office is religious?

The word "marriage" is the issue, isn't it? And the Religious Definition which people are using to supersede all other definitions because they want to and believe it is so?

OKay - here are extensive definitions of marriage:

Marriage
[mar-ij]

noun
(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities and including, for example, opposite-sex marriage, same-sex marriage, plural marriage, and arranged marriage:
Anthropologists say that some type of marriage has been found in every known human society since ancient times.
See Word Story at the current entry.
Also called opposite-sex marriage. the form of this institution under which a man and a woman have established their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
See also traditional marriage (def 2).
this institution expanded to include two partners of the same gender, as in same-sex marriage; gay marriage.
the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock:
They have a happy marriage.
Synonyms: matrimony.
Antonyms: single life, bachelorhood, spinsterhood, singleness.
the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities:
to officiate at a marriage.
Synonyms: nuptials, marriage ceremony, wedding.
Antonyms: divorce, annulment.
a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction:
trial marriage.
any close or intimate association or union:
the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
Synonyms: blend, merger, unity, oneness; alliance, confederation.
Antonyms: separation, division, disunion, schism.
a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.

NOTE: Legal OR Religious. Legal OR Religious. Legal OR Religious.
(Also note Number 7!!
)

A Clerk's Office issues LEGAL - not religious - licenses for marriage as per the law of the United States of America.
The USA is NOT forcing churches or temples or synagogs or whatever to perform religious ceremonies for same-sex couples. Period. See, THAT would be an infringement of religious rights. People who, as a matter of conscience, cannot implement the law as it stands, should not be doing the job. Simple.

I honestly don't have a problem if they eventually have a "fix" for this so that clerk's can conscientiously object based on their religious beliefs, however, the office itself MUST still fulfill the law. To try and prevent the law being fulfilled is simply illegal. When people break the law of the land, they generally have to deal with the consequences, right?

I don't know, I think its being fed by a National group (the Lawyers) with very deep pockets and they are using her. Now Huckabee is using her to gain points with his base. She is being used willingly perhaps, but it ain't just "by the Lord" (in her interpretation).

It's the Civil Rights Era all over. Perhaps they will have separate lines now for Gay vs. Straight in the Clerk's office?

- AB
edit on 8-9-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

Or a new found supplemental income source?????

This is all just too staged to believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Gosh if she gets book deal out of this I will be so pissed.

Probably Cruz or Huckabee will grab on to those coat tails if she does.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I thought a demon was going to take over when she started talking
She personifies crazy to me. And wasn't she loving the attention. Lets see how much more tax payer money she can waste by breaking the law in her little government job. She wasn't paid to be a Christian she was paid to be a clerk.

Why this is being treated like a complicated issue is beyond me..

I want to send her a bill for the money of ours she's wasted with her lunacy.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: theantediluvian

Man who knew so many would be in favor of religious law!

All these threads were right about religious law creeping in, just got it wrong when they said it was Sharia law.

Exactly!

Sharia law is the least of our worries.

If anything, episodes like this make me lean in favor of enacting even stricter laws regarding separation of church & state.

Like maybe we should start swearing in our elected officials while they hold their hand on our Constitution instead of their Bibles, or any other religious texts.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Probably Cruz or Huckabee will grab on to those coat tails if she does.

Unless they are the orchestrating 'patrons' as it is.....paying her to do this and making sure she gets rewarded for it.....

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Nothing to do with the 1st, more that people think that is what the USA stands for.

You can be sickened by what people say, that is also part of the first.
My freedom to express my disgust to what ignorant thing you, not seeker1963 specifically, said.

I think the woman is an idiot! Do you think I am supporting her?

I am not! If she is a Christian? In my eyes she is already a hypocrite for working for the government! I mentioned the first solely because the freedom of speech and religion! Those on the religious right and those on Progressive left our both sickening in my eyes because none of them understand the concept of freedom!

What I replied to was someone saying she came out chanting "USA, USA" and to them it was sickening! Should she have said Zeig Heil? Hail Mau? Obama is my savior?

Bottom line? The freedoms you enjoy with your speech may soon be taken away from you by the same government your begging to prevent other people from speaking their mind! As much as I may hate those who speak and promote division and hate? That is their right to do so!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Funny how no other democrat or anyone on the left is supporting here huh?

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

Funny , I noticed that too. Perhaps you cannot be a Democrat if you are Christian.I wonder how they feel about Muslims.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Nope, not all at.

What I replied to was someone saying she came out chanting "USA, USA" and to them it was sickening! Should she have said Zeig Heil? Hail Mau? Obama is my savior?

And he gave you the reason why and you came with some snarky 1st reply.
The 1st goes both ways, we are free to express that we don't like when USA is chanted for some hypocritical bigot. That isn't what the USA is about.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Democrats don't really care about what others believe as long as they get to spend others money.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You're not alone.

Since when do we get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution to obey when we're in office.

I know I've said this a thousand and ten times, so this'll be 1011...

When are we, as these peoples ultimate bosses going to begin to hold them accountable?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Nope, not all at.

And he gave you the reason why and you came with some snarky 1st reply.
The 1st goes both ways, we are free to express that we don't like when USA is chanted for some hypocritical bigot. That isn't what the USA is about.

So having pride for the country you live in is forbidden? Just want to understand why someone who chants USA, USA, should be considered a bigot. I already see many citizens of this country calling our military men and women scumbags, so please explain. I already know the answer and it will be one devised from the Globalists who have socially engineered sovereign nations to Homogenize and push for our countries to accept as many immigrants and refugees because it would be good for us, so fair warning.....

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Kim Davis is the bigot, not the people chanting.
Being patriotic is not forbidden, I am just allowed to call it sickening when it is being aimed at someone like Davis as I feel she is nothing to be patriotic about.

The rest is just a mini rant that you created out of something I didn't say.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Funny how no other democrat or anyone on the left is supporting here huh?

Funny , I noticed that too. Perhaps you cannot be a Democrat if you are Christian.I wonder how they feel about Muslims.

Most Democrats I know don't give a rat's ass what religion someone else identifies with so long as they're not pushing their beliefs on others.

On the other hand, most Democrats I know don't support religious zealotry in any form.

Hence, the lack of Democrats supporting Davis or Huchabee.

edit on 8-9-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Kim Davis is the bigot, not the people chanting.
Being patriotic is not forbidden, I am just allowed to call it sickening when it is being aimed at someone like Davis as I feel she is nothing to be patriotic about.

The rest is just a mini rant that you created out of something I didn't say.

I agree with you! Imagine that! She is a bigot for her stance on gay marriage and her refusal to do her job!

But it isn't the first time I have heard it is wrong to chant "USA USA"? You know? That forbidden nationalism?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You're not alone.

Since when do we get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution to obey when we're in office.

I know I've said this a thousand and ten times, so this'll be 1011...

When are we, as these peoples ultimate bosses going to begin to hold them accountable?

Uh , tell me what part of the Constitution that wasnt obeyed ? Was she establishing a Federal church ? The Constitution does not play into this at all. This is pure State law. The definition of marriage in Ky states they do recognize same sex marriages .Therefore , that was the violation. I still cant help thinking if she was Muslim they would have made special procedures for her .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I respect standing one's ground on principle. More people should.

They have to remember that doing it usually entails consequence. Usually bad, or at least, uncomfortable.

Unless she immediately begins following her elected obligations, she should be right back in the slammer.

...and Huckaby needs to put away his martyrs complex for another day. He couldn't be more wrong on this issue if he tried.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In all honesty I find this woman and her followers to be hateful. I hope they not only get charged with hate crimes, I hope Christian leaders educate her and her followers on how to treat others.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Nope, just who have you seen be the most outspoken about it?

I should add I mean publicly.

Sorry, for the delay getting back to you, S.
You're publicly outspoken on many subjects here, Sremmos (and I'm glad you are)...but I'm sure you'll agree that this doesn't mean your outspoken thoughts represent the more often unspoken thoughts of everyone else on your side of the aisle.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

But it isn't the first time I have heard it is wrong to chant "USA USA"? You know? That forbidden nationalism?

And that is part of the first, I can say it is wrong to chant USA if I want.
That doesn't mean it is forbidden, just that I don't think people should chant it at given times.
Kim Davis getting released and then saying she is going to continue in her ways is one of them.

Would you like hearing it chanted at a Hiliary rally?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join