It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Freed. Drama Queen Mike Huckabee: Lock Me Up!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In case you missed it, Kim Davis was just released from jail. Mike Huckabee apparently decided this was an ideal opportunity to do some wanton grandstanding. I'll cut to the bit from his speech that is referenced in the title:

"I have a message for the judge... and I say this... with all my heart... if this judge believes that somebody must be put in jail because a person is willing to stand on the biblical definition of marriage and is willing to stand because they believe that the constitution does not allow the courts to make up law according to their own whims. If the judge believes that, I would ask this of him, 'Let Kim go but if you have to put someone in jail, I volunteer to go! Let me go! Lock me up if you think that's how freedom is best served.'"

An empty offer if ever there was one. He may as well have offered himself up to be launched into the Sun. Following a few minutes of melodramatic rhetoric from Huckabee, Kim Davis emerged to Eye of the Tiger, arms held over head along with Huckabee and walked to the podium. In front of a cheering crowd waving crosses and chanting "USA" she said the following:

"I just want to give God the glory! His people have rallied and you are a strong people! We serve a living God who knows where each and everyone of is at! Just keep pressing! Don't let down! Because he is here."

I found the whole incident nauseating. She's giving sermons. She won't resign her office. Her lawyers are claiming now that the certificates issued while she was in jail are not valid. How can we pretend that this is anything but an attempt by a group within our society (with let's be honest, questionable religious convictions) to wield political power to deny others their civil rights?

History will look back on Kim Davis about as kindly as it does George Wallace.

EDIT:

I transcribed the above quotes from the live news conference as it was occurring but I've been asked to provide sources for the quotes. Here goes:

CNN:

The Kentucky clerk, who was held in contempt of court for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses, urged her supporters not to give in.

"Thank you all so much. I love you all so very much," she said. "I just want to give God the glory. His people have rallied, and you are a strong people. We serve a living God who knows exactly where each and every one of us is at. Just keep on pressing. Don't let down, because he is here. He's worthy."

BUZZPO:

I have a message for the judge. And I say this with all my heart. If this judge believes that somebody must be put in jail because a person is willing to stand on the biblical definition of marriage, and is willing to stand because they believe that the constitution does not allow the courts to make up law according to their own whims; if the judge believes that, than I would ask this of him. Let Kim go! But if you have to put someone in jail, I VOLUNTEER TO GO! LET ME GO! LOCK ME UP IF THAT’S HOW YOU THINK FREEDOM IS BEST SERVED!

videos:

edit on 2015-9-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Another female democrat public official skirting the law, demanding preferential treatment and grandstanding. Where have I heard of that before?

The only difference between Kim Davis and Hillary Clinton, is that Davis was already sent to jail.
edit on 8-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A few years ago, I liked Mike Huckabee. He was rational and sensible. But he has, as you've said, turned into a drama queen. I think many Christians fall victim to this.

Kim Davis and her husband both appear to be grossly overweight. Isn't gluttony a "deadly" sin?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

youre right.
he offered it cause it cant happen and he knows it

too bad

would like to see him in there with my main man 'thud'

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Man who knew so many would be in favor of religious law!

All these threads were right about religious law creeping in, just got it wrong when they said it was Sharia law.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Huckaby wouldn’t last a day in Jail

He’s trying like Trump ride to political success over one issue as Trump did with the immigration issue.

Here though he will fail since even republicans don’t care much about this issue...its settled.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well the moderates don't care, but that isn't who ole Huck is pandering to at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Crazy when a "Dominionist" seems to be supporting a Democrat.

Maybe it's part of a smear campaign, or an attempt to tie Democrats in with religious fanatics.

Could be "religion" is equally proportioned in all Parties.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Another female democrat public official skirting the law, demanding preferential treatment and grandstanding. Where have I heard of that before?

The only difference between Kim Davis and Hillary Clinton, is that Davis was already sent to jail.

Wow. Just when the over dramatic lies based on false Religious Freedom Persecution and Civil Rights Violation couldn't get any more insane with it's twisting of language and underhanded politics you just had to go and make it partisan too.

There has been almost no mention of any political leaning in this case as up until now. But you of course saw a way to try and attack democrats with this issue and you just had to take it, huh???

This is all the proof you needed to finally show that Democrats are the ones doing all the evil in the world???

[SNIP]

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

edit on 8-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/2015 by eriktheawful because: For manners violation.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Does Huckabee want some cheese with his whine?

Hopefully they'll impeach that Kim "D.I.N.O.-Sore" Davis
and replace her with someone who will uphold the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I would ask this of him, 'Let Kim go but if you have to put someone in jail, I volunteer to go! Let me go! Lock me up if you think that's how freedom is best served.'"

Okay, okay, Huck. Put those nails back in your pocket and fold up your portable cross. Jesus already died for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Crazy when a "Dominionist" seems to be supporting a Democrat.

Maybe it's part of a smear campaign, or an attempt to tie Democrats in with religious fanatics.

Could be "religion" is equally proportioned in all Parties.

Your right!

I do not see much of a difference in religious fanatics and political ideology fanatics anymore! I see and deal with more political fanatics than religious though.......

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Funny how no other democrat or anyone on the left is supporting here huh?

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You are allowed to practice your Religion, but not impose it on people while being a Government fixture.

The Separation of Church and State is very clear,

More Religious extremism, it never, ever, brings anything positive.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Funny how no other democrat or anyone on the left is supporting here huh?

She is also a new found Christian, are we sure she has not found a new political stance?

How do you know any other democrat doesn't support her? Is being anti-Christian (new found or otherwise) some mandatory litmus test for democrats or 'the left', by your reckoning?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Nope, just who have you seen be the most outspoken about it?

I should add I mean publicly.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

How do you know any other democrat doesn't support her? Is being anti-Christian (new found or otherwise) some mandatory litmus test for democrats or 'the left', by your reckoning?

I bet an email notification was sent out with instructions to stay quiet.

This IS an election issue.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The fact she came out to a large crowd chanting "USA USA" like that is what this country stands for made me want to puke..

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
The fact she came out to a large crowd chanting "USA USA" like that is what this country stands for made me want to puke..

Agreed! The 1st Amendment sucks!

/end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Nothing to do with the 1st, more that people think that is what the USA stands for.

You can be sickened by what people say, that is also part of the first.
My freedom to express my disgust to what ignorant thing you, not seeker1963 specifically, said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join