It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Accuses U.S. Biz of Discrimination for Requiring Proof of Work Eligibility

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: johnwick

I'm glad you decided to go after me personally off the first post you read. It is clear what this company was doing and it was wrong.

I found nothing offensive and never said I did.

Glad you think only Muslims can be terrorist on planes too.

Name a single other group in the last few decades in America that was.....

Exactly!!!

So waste resources in a 90 year old Chinese lady?

Or a 56 year old black lady?

Or a 84 year old white lady?

Or a 5 year old Cuban girl?

The only terrorists period on planes at all in decades in America were first off men, and all but what was he the butt bomber or the foot bomber was actually black.... The others all Mideast Muslim's.

Why not use the facts!?

That is retard bs!!!

Never once has a 80 year old Korean female tried to hijack a plane in US airspace..... So looking at the equivalent to Muslim men who have is stupid.... Period!

You aren't very smart are you?

Because this is exactly the way insurance works every single day!

If white women are never the problem, you exclude them, so you can focus in those that actually are the problem!!!

It is not possible to watch everyone, by trying to do so, instead of focusing on those that are, you waste time money and resources, and do a much more invasive worse job.

How does that not make clear logical sense to your brain?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Because if you focus on only one then others will know they can get thru. Fine not targeting the elderly but not close minded enough to act like we only need to screen people who look like they are from the middle east. What if they are not muslim? Do they get a pass then?
Oh and how about the guy in germany?

I see how you are more then for this company racially profiling tho.

Do you want guards at schools and movie theaters to check white guys for guns?
And only white guys, no sense wasting time on anyone else since white guys do it the most. Think you can respond without an ad hom?
edit on thWed, 09 Sep 2015 00:26:44 -0500America/Chicago920154480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thWed, 09 Sep 2015 00:28:27 -0500America/Chicago920152780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Because if you focus on only one then others will know they can get thru. Fine not targeting the elderly but not close minded enough to act like we only need to screen people who look like they are from the middle east. What if they are not muslim? Do they get a pass then?
Oh and how about the guy in germany?

I see how you are more then for this company racially profiling tho.

Do you want guards at schools and movie theaters to check white guys for guns?
And only white guys, no sense wasting time on anyone else since white guys do it the most. Think you can respond without an ad hom?

I have no problem with them checking and finding this white Mans gun.

Though I don't go to the movies.... It just costs too much, when I can wait a couple months and pay $1 at redbox.

And yes, back on point, I think profiling should be used daily by police and the TSA.

Don't know what Germany has to do with America... But nice try?

It is a known fact racial and ethnic profiling works.

Will a couple of innocent people bring caught up in the net, sure obviously.

But better a few of one group, than entire swaths of the population at large, including humiliation for our children elderly and sick.

If a full grown man can't take it that his fellow Muslim's act like douche bags, maybe he should encourage his Muslim community to speak against this idiocy.

Just like plenty of white men have no problem speaking out against these retard mass shootings.

I for one, would just put a bullet in my mouth and be done with it.... I don't understand this need to inflict so much pain on innocent strangers before they commit suicide..

But yes, I think white males, given the fact that most of these shootings are done by them deserve extra scrutiny.

And I am a white male.

Edited, because my autocorrect is the bane of my existence
edit on 9-9-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So if I decide to hire an illegal immigrant, I could be fined or shut down.

If I decide not to hire an illegal immigrant, I could be fined or shut down.

Logic

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.

Tacitus

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

That isn't what is happening.

They got fined for selectively applying hiring procedures. You can't do that. Had nothing to do with hiring or not hiring illegals.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't agree. Profiling leads to skewed numbers that keep the idea that profiling works while letting those that are not profiled slip through. I also call bs that you would be ok with just white males getting extra scrunity going into public places.

We are far off topic, if you want to discuss the meat plant then I'll respond.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
So if I decide to hire an illegal immigrant, I could be fined or shut down.

If I decide not to hire an illegal immigrant, I could be fined or shut down.

Logic

Your logic was omitted with several of the details behind the story

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If they are qualified US citizens ... why do they need to verify citizenship?

That leads to the TSA patting down 80 year old grannies and cancer patients in wheelchairs because we have to throw out common sense so as not to discriminate.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Lol, this now the most derailed thread I have ever read on ATS. Did any of the posters read the OP original source...Jesus christ

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you know some one is a citizen? Is it as simple as an ID?

What does the TSA have to do with this meat packing company?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Literally every job application I have filled out. On paper or on-line has asked if I am legally eligible to work in the United States. I grew up in Las Vegas (which has a near 50% hispanic population) and have been in Southern California for more than 5 years.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If you work for me, I need to have copies of either one or two of the following documents to complete the legally required I9 form. No if ands or buts. It's the law and the fines are steep for employers.

documents for employment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join