It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Story, with pictures, about The Pareidolic Eye.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I work in a convenience store. Kind of a Dante/Clerks thing I guess. Anyway, the other night just before I closed the store I decided to take a picture of the inside of the laser scanner that we scan all the products under. Same as every store you've been in, I imagine.

What I was looking to get was some neat laser refraction stuff that maybe I could use in photo manipulations or something like that.

The first picture came out like this:

For some reason this uploaded sideways (as did the next one). Turn them 90 degrees right to see the angle I photographed.

The second picture had some neat flares and stuff in it. As I looked at it I noticed a suggestion of a triangular shape.

(oh this was taken with a Galaxy note 2 with the stock camera)

I then dropped the second picture into android photo editor PicsArt. Started playing with contrast and highlights, applying color changing effects and other degradations.

That yielded this picture:

Now I think I see what appears to be some coincidental architecture, so I download a quick reference:

I tried an edit this way:

and one this way:

Around this moment, I starting thinking that this would be a great topic for ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Your pic says it all.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Lifted from Wiki

In his notebooks, Leonardo da Vinci wrote of pareidolia as a device for painters, writing "if you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills. You will also be able to see divers combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well conceived forms."

I like this idea about pareidolia myself. I think many of us chalk it up to just a weakness in human perception, to orchestrate what we see into familiar terms. But da Vinci I think suggests it is more than that. That this also is a key to human creativity.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In a word: whoa.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Illuminati confirmed

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Very cool find! Interesting I've not yet seen anyone else thinking to do what you have! Props for creativity, if that's the case! The images discovered beg the questions of if it is intentional as a figurative, we see everything and attributed to their money gods, or if it is somehow attributed to the necessary scanning process and just a product of that.

Let's contact the manufacturer 😏

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The all seeing eye records all sales and that's why most places have them its for them to see everything.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

Cant anyone else see the face of Spock staring out at us??????

His ears are in the small elipses, his eyes in the diamonds and his nose in the square.... or it could be Obama.
edit on 9/9/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Guten Morgen-

Are You guys going to get those sea salt pretzels again in aisle #3?

You're also out of 9volt batteries...

hahaha

namaste

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

Cant anyone else see the face of Spock staring out at us??????

His ears are in the small elipses, his eyes in the diamonds and his nose in the square.... or it could be Obama.

Well, you tried, and that's the most important thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Guten Morgen-

Are You guys going to get those sea salt pretzels again in aisle #3?

You're also out of 9volt batteries...

hahaha

namaste

i'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh no.. it's ze Illuminati!

This is what we dealing with out here.
This ain't got nothing to do with Jay-Z wearing an Aleister Crowley quote on his shirt.. it's deeper than that man, it's much bigger than that!

new topics

top topics

join