It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Free to go Home (Fukushima prefecture)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Some people who fled their residences in Fukushima prefecture more than 4 years ago are finally going home for good. The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident forced thousands from their homes. Towns and villages near the plant were declared no-entry zones. Now for the first time, all the people in one town have been given the green light to return home permanently.

Finally Free to go Home (Fukushima prefecture)

I was surprised to see this announcement as over the weekend I watched a PBS Nova show all about what happened at Fukushima. and in that show they claimed we were still decades away from the ground around the plants to be safe enough for human habitation.

Naraha is the town where people are going back home but I'm not sure I'd want to go back, not since Kyushu Electric plans to restart the Sendai Nuclear Power Unit No.2 on September 11th.

The government hopes to lift all evacuation orders except for the most contaminated areas around the plant by March, 2017, offering up to 100,000 yen ($800) per household for moving back. But evacuees criticize the plan as a public relations stunt to showcase Fukushima's recovery ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Games. Sections of two other towns reopened last year, but only half of their populations have since returned

I realize a lot of people want this to be over so they can go home... But I have to wonder it's really safe enough too to do just that.

An economic revival plan centers on a giant 85 billion yen ($700 million) facility that is being built on the edge of town to research, develop and test specialized robots and other technology—part of the government's "Innovation Coast" plan to turn the disaster-hit region into a hub for nuclear plant decommissioning technology.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if people start to glow in the dark?
More on what's happening here

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DavDave

This absolutely nuts. The Japanese government always plays this stuff down and the Japanese people never ask questions.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Would our government be any different under similar conditions?
FEMA still has a lot of rebuilding to do after Katrina. entire neighborhoods gone, people still displaced.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Isn't that the truth, just drive through New Orleans and you still see large buildings with windows blown out, probably condemned at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Great. And they wont need any lamps in their homes....theyll all be glowing bright flourescent green. Just dont touch or walk on anything, drink anything...or breathe too deeply.

Hey, who would be dumb enough to go back where the ANTS are as big as RACCOONS, and all the vegetation is wilted?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Wow....how the hell could this possibly be safe for the citizens of Japan...I guess in order for the country to make progress people must die...how sad..

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You know why FEMA is taking forever?
It is because of the cost.

The more you need to pay the more longer it takes. Also the population isn't even working together in Katrina to rebuild. Unlike what China/Japan does. If people started working together they would be called Communists by the so called Capitalists.

Give the simple jobs and materials to the people who are going to live there to help, it will finish faster than ever. Just like WW2 when manufacturing weapons increase by a lot when people started joining or getting hired like crazy in order to protect the country.
edit on 16-9-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join