It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72% of refugees fleeing war and oppression are men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Possibly because the poor Woman and children are less able to defend themselfs they are the first to be killed or sold into slavery, or worse. Hence the reason for the statistic.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wow, at last figures which support everything I've been saying since seeing a majority of fighting age males rolling off train after train in Germany.
Where are you, oh bleeding hearts now? "Think of the children!!!"
Oh my, those men clearly didn't think of the children, or their sisters and mothers, just left them to rot in a conflict zone or underfunded UN camps.

72% Adult male? That's an absolute disgrace.

edit on 8.9.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo and clarity of my opinion.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Two possibilities:
1) these men don't have the balls to stand and fight for their own freedom in Syria, which means they will do nothing to defend Europe as their new home.

2) these men are ISIS operatives. Which means Europe is still screwed.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
its not surprising that its mostly young men that 'walked to Europe' from their homelands, it is a difficult awful trip and women and children are less likely to make it there under those conditions for obvious reasons. If Germany is planning on hosting 800000 immigrants/refugees from war-torn homelands it will be a huge situation to deal with but with a little 'extra' planning and resources it might be a win/win for all of them in the future. we can only hope it works out for them and wish them all the best.
edit on 8-9-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not claiming to know why the numbers look this way. I just thought they were a bit odd.
It's odd that a man would leave his wife and children in danger.
If they are not in danger then he is not a refugee.
It's odd that none of the wealthy Muslim gulf states are not helping their fellow muslims.
It's odd that they are heading to certain countries like germany but not others like Hungary.
The whole thing feels odd to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
its not surprising that its mostly young men that 'walked to Europe' from their homelands, it is a difficult awful trip and women and children are less likely to make it there under those conditions for obvious reasons. If Germany is planning on hosting 800000 immigrants/refugees from war-torn homelands it will be a huge situation to deal with but with a little 'extra' planning and resources it might be a win/win for all of them in the future. we can only hope it works out for them and wish them all the best.

Wishful thinking. Europe is in massive debt. They can't afford refugees. Especially they kind that don't stand up to invaders.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
It's odd that they are heading to certain countries like germany but not others like Hungary.

Germany is a rich nation and decided to act unilaterally and ignore the agreed international conventions on refugees saying, make it here and we'll take you in.

Hungary is relatively poor in comparison and stuck to the rules offering processing centres and food/shelter as the first 'safe nation' - that wasn't good enough for those males who continue to clash with their police.
Hungary even wrote an open letter to Germany saying basically 'what the hell do we do? follow EU law or let them all travel to you?'

Germany made the choice, and 72% of these people ended up being men of fighting age, not the innocent chlidren the whole of ATS seemed to weep for last week.
Leaving wives, kids, sisters, mothers to rot in a conflict zone or underfunded UN camps.
Yeah, I think it is a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So I wonder how long until Obama volunteers the USA to take in some of those refugees? All we need is that 72% over here.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No it is much more logical to think they are sending an army to take over Europe.

The hate is rolling through these threads

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh behave with the over use of 'hate' on ATS.
I've been called a hater because I disagreed with Germany's foolish plan to just open the EU border to anyone who can make it there. (Edit, only encouraging more people to make the dangerous crossing paying smugglers to cross the Med' Sea, as has now been proven in the now swamped Greek islands)
Never mind that I support increased income tax to fund us providing safe and quality refuge in the UN camps, and also to take tens of thousands of vetted and registered refugees out of those camps and into the UK.
Even done the maths, a 1% general income tax increase for everyone in the UK raises £5.5 Billion. That would provide £10,000 resources per head for half a million refugees each year, close to their nations before they can recover and return.

Hate is different to reasoned thinking.
Reasoned thinking seems to have gone out of the window on ATS after that pic of the tragic little boy last week or so.
edit on 8.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh behave with the over use of 'hate' on ATS.
I've been called a hater because I disagreed with Germany's foolish plan to just open the EU border to anyone who can make it there.
Never mind that I support increased income tax to fund us providing safe and quality refuge in the UN camps, and also to take tens of thousands of vetted and registered refugees out of those camps and into the UK.
Even done the maths, a 1% general income tax increase for everyone in the UK raises £5.5 Billion. That would provide £10,000 resources per head for half a million refugees each year, close to their nations before they can recover and return.

Hate is different to reasoned thinking.
Reasoned thinking seems to have gone out of the window on ATS after that pic of the tragic little boy last week or so.

While that may be the case as far as the figures, the nations they came from were a lot less expensive to live in. These refugees are now going to face the inability to get jobs, shelter, food, etc....but I guess a slow death of starvation and left to the elements is better than a war going on around you all the time.

Either way they are screwed as there is not enough to go around for all of them.....just the number of refugees alone will over-run a country quickly. Trying to feed/shelter them will ruin any economy they descend on because they are not able to put anything back into that economy..especially if they are holding on to most of it to send back to their families.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well when we are sitting here talking of people as sub human or just terrorist just because they way they look, yes I am going to say the hate is rolling through.

I am sorry someone called you a hater, I guess that would be more proof.

But I think it is very humane of Germany to do what they are doing.
We could learn something from them.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Those numbers do not look good, usually you expect women and children to be the ones running away from oppression in the hopes to save their children and themselves, men usually stay behind to fight for their rights.

The numbers seems to point to another type of agenda. One that has nothing to do with saving families, it should be a big red flag if the refuges are not families but males and depending the majority age group, able young males is not what you expect from thousands of refugees.

It going to be easier if the governments are willing to thinn out the real refugees (entire families sticking together), from possible trouble seekers.

edit on 8-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Exactly why I think Germany dropped the ball and made a terrible mistake offering free passage to anyone who could make it across the Med' Sea. Shameful miscalculation.

An international contribution by all developed nations properly funding the UN camps in Turkey and elsewhere would have provided quality of life and safety in their region until they can return home.
That, and all countries agreeing to take the more vulnerable folk from the camps to 3rd party nations, healthcare needs, elderly, disabled, whatever, after they have been vetted and registered, yep that would have been a plan.

No, everyone saw that picture of that tragic little boy and formed government policy on emotion instead of reasoned decision making.
The Germans will rue the day they did that, especially as more are now risking their lives across the Med' before Germany will be forced to change tack.

72% adult males is a disgrace, and it explains to me why the majority of those clashing with police in Hungary in EVERY news feed is a male of fighting age.
I've stayed reasoned and bridled my emotions as this story has panned out, pity a lot of ATS have not.
Even more of a pity it has felt like facebook here more often recently.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, we could learn that Germany made a terrible mistake opening the flood gates to males who refused to be registered, and instead clashed with police in Hungary before they got the green light from Germany.
I hope that will not be the case, but such reasoned questioning speculation is certainly not hateful, it is asking sensible questions when there were far better ways to help these refugees in the region than simply saying "Pay people smugglers to get you over the Med' Sea and we'll take you in" that was a shocking mistake.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Two possibilities:
1) these men don't have the balls to stand and fight for their own freedom in Syria, which means they will do nothing to defend Europe as their new home.

The war has been going on for years and there are so many factions it's often impossible to figure out who is fighting who and for what.

I'm not making any case for what should or should not happen to these people but, come on, the logical reaction of most humans would be to first get the hell out of harms way and then to seek greener pastures if possible. And it would be most possible for young men.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Did it occur to anyone why these refujihadists (as someone here has coined it) wanna go to Germany, France, the UK? They are already in a safe zone, but they still cause chaos, disregarding the locals and their good will, and all they want is to go to Germany, France, the UK.

I don't think it's about the money, I think it's about going to the countries with the largest Muslim population in Europe.

72% male refugees, that means 3 out of 4 of them are fit to combat. We have seen many videos where they cause chaos in Greece, Hungary, Italy. What's gonna stop them when they reach their destination? Are they finally gonna kick back and relax and say "ah finally out of the war zone?"

This IS an invasion. Look at the numbers, look at the map, it says a lot imo

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I live in Austria and here many politicians fear to be seen as "radical" so they don't have the balls to take proper action. I am not completely against giving shelter to refugees but when I look at the inability to act and find proper solutions
for the people that are already in Austria, I strongly doubt that we are able to fully "integrate" such a mass with
a completely different cultural/religious background. (Especially when we look at the riots in the shelter's among
the refugees)
edit on 8-9-2015 by markus2333 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well now this is interesting.

Considering THIS:

QADIYA, Iraq — In the moments before he raped the 12-year-old girl, the Islamic State fighter took the time to explain that what he was about to do was not a sin. Because the preteen girl practiced a religion other than Islam, the Quran not only gave him the right to rape her — it condoned and encouraged it, he insisted.

ISIS Enshrines a Theology of Rape

As a guy there would be no way in hell would I ever leave my family to the likes of ISIS.

And 72% men folk have from over there.

Something SERIOUSLY wrong with that picture.
edit on 8-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That is something I've been commenting on for a while, though I didn't know the statistics.
Each time we see the boats come over, all that is visible is young men.

We just talked with a friend of ours who is a cop in Lille. He is videotaping the groups of refugees over there, says they seem to be entirely made up of young men, and are causing havoc, stealing things from people, breaking into cars..... water and food offered them at the train station was thrown down with the complaint that it was not Hallal.

If it was mostly women and children, I'd be willing to take some in at my own home. Let the men stay back and try to get their country back! Once they've done that, we can send them their families back. But this is BS.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join