It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YODEL..... Grrrrrr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
YODEL.

A parcel delivery service in the UK who are perhaps the most useless bunch of buffoons i have ever had the unfortunate experience of dealing with. As a company they seen totally inept and doing their job and actually delivering packages.

First time these morons just didn't even bothering trying to deliver the parcel and lied saying they had been to the door, couple of things about this didn't add up, firstly I was sat next to the door most of the day (actually on ATS) it was about 4 or 5 feet away from me and I would have heard a knock or ring. So after going through their complaints department they finally admitted that actually the driver had not bothered delivering the package, the offered up no excuse but granted they did arrange for it to be delivered with in a few hours which it was.

Now today, pretty much the same thing has happened only they have this stupid automated phone line that won't let me actually speak to a another human all i can do is rearrange the package to be delivered on another date.

This seems to happen every time Yodel have to deliver something to my home, its not even like its hard to find, other package carriers manage just fine.

Anyway need to let off a little steam before i start breaking things.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just a heads up about automated phone systems.

I hate them, too, but I have found that 90% of the time, at some point in the automated menu system if you just say "customer service" or "technical support" that will direct you to a REAL person. Sometimes I'll just say it over and over until they connect me. And I frequently use it when calling places so that I don't have to sit through that automated menu crap. Try it. Then you can cuss them out, lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Saw YODEL in the title and had to lol , not really had a problem with them myself other than the loooong delivery window but I was an active Virgin mobile forum user a few years back and many there were reporting problems with Yodel, your story echoes theirs precisely and that's from about 5 years ago.

I wish you luck , I think it must be a postcode lottery as to the service you receive from them.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's because the employ self employed people. You get all manner of people driving their vans.
I have never had a problem with them myself but the delivery drivers I have dealt with were sound.
I know people who have the same opinion as yours though. All depends on the driver.
The company should take better care of who they let drive their vans.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They were meant to deliver a parcel from Amazon which they did deliver. They didn't even bother to knock on the door or ring the bell and just left it in the wheelie bin which got emptied the same morning. Fortunately, Amazon refunded me.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I will agree that they are a bunch of useless imbeciles and also confirmed liars.

The last time I had a parcel due to be delivered I grew tired of waiting and decided to go out, as soon as I opened the door there was my parcel just sat in front of the door next to a busy road. The really annoying thing was they had even managed to fail to post the note saying they had left my package in our secure front porch(that we did not have) and just left it on top of the parcel.

I was also in, about 6 feet from the door with 2 dogs in the room that will go crazy barking if the bloke 3 doors down puts his cup of tea down too hard.

Either they employ idiots or pay so badly that the employees simply do not care, I would guess it's the latter.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If you Google them it's nothing but complaints so why does the likes of Amazon still use them

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Amazon stopped using them(I think). They use Amazon logistics which are some private dudes with unmarked vans.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I think that's true it wasn't amazon I bought from usually they are very good.

new topics

top topics

join